2018 NFL Season

PittsburghSucks

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, See Red said:

This league is hard to watch. I've been watching for five minutes and I've seen two big blown calls and one really dumb rule.

I've been watching for just a few minutes longer than you, and I've seen a missed dirty hit, a 3rd-down stop ruled a first down, a personal foul for what I'd consider insignificant contact with the QBs face (LOL at Aikman "that's just an obvious one... what was the defender thinking?")  Sorry, Troy - it wasn't that bad.

A punt stopped at the one-inch line ruled a touchback because a guy's elbow was on the goal line - isn't it supposed to be where the ball is?  If not.... why not?  THe ball is what matters literally everywhere else on the field. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

A punt stopped at the one-inch line ruled a touchback because a guy's elbow was on the goal line - isn't it supposed to be where the ball is?  If not.... why not?  THe ball is what matters literally everywhere else on the field. 

It matters where the player is in the NFL, but not in college. Though in college the ball is dead the moment it crosses the goal line so you can't knock it back into play like in the NFL.

1 minute ago, Red Wolf said:

It matters where the player is in the NFL, but not in college. Though in college the ball is dead the moment it crosses the goal line so you can't knock it back into play like in the NFL.

Well that's dumb.  There's no other play where it matters where the player is, as long as he's in bounds.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 minute ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Well that's dumb.  There's no other play where it matters where the player is, as long as he's in bounds.

My guess is that maybe the NFL thought it would be more exciting to let the players bat the ball back in while it's in the air, but didn't want players being able to just stand in the endzone to do so. The only issue with that hypothesis is that it supposes that the NFL did something because of fun, which is impossible.

15 minutes ago, See Red said:

This league is hard to watch. I've been watching for five minutes and I've seen two big blown calls and one really dumb rule.

I cringed at the hit to Kamara's helmet in real time, the he kinda stumbled.

That said, the NFC East could be done. Cowboys get basically get four more days in between games as they next host the Iggles, who play on Monday night. That's a hard recovery.

This offense needs to play better. No points in the second half is not good enough. It was today, but only because the defense was too freaking good.

Dallas was lucky today. If this game was in New Orleans, they’d have lost.  No question.

But... 

What. A. Win. 

How ‘bout them Cowboys?!

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

The Steve Smith/Playmaker beef is so real tonight.

Smith (to Irvin): If you faint, we playin Rock/paper/scissors because I not res...resusi...I'm not reviving you.          

Irvin(laughing w/ Reggie Bush):You not gonna resuscitate me?

Smith:No. I'll walk over you too.

14 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

This offense needs to play better. No points in the second half is not good enough. It was today, but only because the defense was too freaking good.

Dallas was lucky today. If this game was in New Orleans, they’d have lost.  No question.

Are we sure this defense can't travel on the road?

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Lethal said:

DtOWZ3zW0AY0HZN.jpg:large

I'm really interested in the types of pictures Jerry must have of Goodell

Definitely wasn’t a first, but maybe if Payton kept his challenges, and didn’t waste them on stupid challenges at that, they would been able to get that call right. 

And stop it.

The refs were terrible, but they were equally terrible to both teams.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

36 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

Oh god... here come the insufferable Cowboy fans. Please, Eagles and Redskins. You're the NFC East's only hope.

Hey, a few of us are not insufferable because I'm trying to get a single club or suite seat for @IND game and a reasonable flight before the Southwest Cyber Monday deals close.

52 minutes ago, Wings said:

Saints will get their revenge on Big D in the playoffs if they happen to meet. 

I've got the feeling that the Bears will host the Cowboys when Khalil Mack will quickly prove his valve is more than Demarcus Lawrence in three plays.

Archived