2018 NFL Season

PittsburghSucks

13 minutes ago, masterchaoss said:

I get Hunt being suspend for the rest of the year and he should be because it was defentaly bad, but him being cut seems like a over reaction to me, especially considering that according to the TMZ stroy she assaulted one of Kareems friends first and called him the N-word add to that no arrest was even made. I'm not saying he should have done it obviously he shouldn't have, I just don't believe that he should have been cut. And I am willing to bet that if he dose this to a man he isn't cut. 

No. Just... no.

LvZYtbZ.png

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, masterchaoss said:

Tell me how I'm advocating for violence against women? All i was saying is treat assault case equally. 

I don't know, man, you're the one that sounds pretty mad about him getting cut for beating up women. How dare he face consequences for his actions, right?

53Ocz8U.png

Just now, Jimmy Lethal said:

I don't know, man, you're the one that sounds pretty mad about him getting cut for beating up women. How dare he face consequences for his actions, right?

No first of all I'm not mad at anything aside from being accused of support violence agianst women and all I'm saying is that I personally think the chiefs over reacted in handing out a consequence, and that there is a double standard when it comes to punishments. The man should be absolutely suspend for the year or even more, he assaulted someone thats wrong no mater who it harms, but I just don't think he should at all be cut for it is all given the circumstances.  

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

7 hours ago, Jimmy Lethal said:

y'know now I want the Chiefs to win the Super Bowl even more

lot of people seem to be giving them hell for doing the right thing

And doing the right thing, when they're in the best position to win it all in a long time. Their chances surely take a hit, but their air game is enough to keep them at the top of the AFC. I think the path to the SB still goes through Arrowhead.

sig.png

11 hours ago, masterchaoss said:

No first of all I'm not mad at anything aside from being accused of support violence agianst women and all I'm saying is that I personally think the chiefs over reacted in handing out a consequence, and that there is a double standard when it comes to punishments. The man should be absolutely suspend for the year or even more, he assaulted someone thats wrong no mater who it harms, but I just don't think he should at all be cut for it is all given the circumstances.  

He should be cut for two reasons: first, this isn't his first violent offense; he had one other incident this year at a bar and multiple incidents at Toledo U. Second, he lied to the Chiefs about the whole situation. I'm not full on crediting Clark Hunt and co. because I'm 100% positive they didn't do their due diligence (I bet when they tried to get the video they politely asked, were refused, and said 'have a nice day'), but Kareem reportedly said he'd been sleeping during the incident. I don't blame them at all for cutting him.

As for the situation itself, it's bad, no other way to put it. I don't think it's as bad as Ray Rice or Joe Mixon, but that's really beside the point: no man, especially one of superior athletic ability, should put his hands on a woman unless it's in defense of himself or his family (and let's get real, he wasn't in any real danger here). All he had to do was back away, at worst call security or the cops, but he involves himself in a completely avoidable situation. I know and realize she may have used racial epithets and I'm not saying he's got no right to be angry at that, as a fellow black guy I understand. But that does not warrant assaulting a woman, it just doesn't. What makes matters worse is that he's the only man trying to attack her - the other men are busy trying to restrain him. Just terrible all the way around.

Now I fully expect Jon Gruden to give him a call next offseason. You know, 'old school guy' and whatnot.

NSFCvyu.png

On 11/30/2018 at 1:59 AM, dfwabel said:

I've got the feeling that the Bears will host the Cowboys when Khalil Mack will quickly prove his valve is more than Demarcus Lawrence in three plays.

Based on division leads and probable final records, it seems unlikely that the Bears and cowboys would have the chance to meet until the NFC championship.

Some owner should just suggest that they should outsource their investigations to TMZ. It's not like they are getting any value from the NFL Security staff they currently employed.

EDIT: It was Jerry Jones (of course) who tried to complain about League Office compensation last year when Ginger Hammer was getting his extension which included that lifetime private jet clause. He led the questioning of why so many folks make over $1M and the bloat at the Park Ave. office, but Arthur Blank, chair of the Compensation Committee, shut Jerry down.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/what-is-more-outsized-roger-goodells-salary-or-his-hubris-in-asking-for-more/2017/11/14/a2523b9e-c956-11e7-b0cf-7689a9f2d84e_story.html?utm_term=.5054ca56d011

6 hours ago, JWhiz96 said:

I'm not full on crediting Clark Hunt and co. because I'm 100% positive they didn't do their due diligence (I bet when they tried to get the video they politely asked, were refused, and said 'have a nice day'), but Kareem reportedly said he'd been sleeping during the incident. I don't blame them at all for cutting him.

This is incredibly flawed thinking. The police didn't request video, he wasn't charged, he lied to the team. What makes you think that the Chiefs have ANY POWER whatsoever to get the video from the hotel when that goes against their policy? The only reason this leaked to TMZ is because someone with access (likely at the hotel) broke policy and leaked it. The NFL and the Chiefs have absolutely no power to get the video if they are turned down.

This is a big moment for the league and I'm damn proud of my team for taking such quick and decisive action at a time when so many others haven't.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

3 hours ago, dont care said:

@BringBackTheVet looks like the reigning defending undisputed super bowl champion phillidelphia eagles may pick claim Kareem Hunt of waivers to be a part of the super bowl champion phillidelphia eagles. Looks like the super bowl champion phillidelphia eagles have a hard on for RB that beat women like Shady McCoy.

Source?  Haven't heard anything of the sort.

Just today, Super Bowl champion head coach Doug Pederson of the Super Bowl champion Philadelphia Eagles (albeit weakly) condemned the behavior

http://www2.philly.com/eagles/eagles-doug-pederson-redskins-chiefs-kareem-hunt-20181201.html

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 12/1/2018 at 3:04 PM, JTernup said:

This is incredibly flawed thinking. The police didn't request video, he wasn't charged, he lied to the team. What makes you think that the Chiefs have ANY POWER whatsoever to get the video from the hotel when that goes against their policy? The only reason this leaked to TMZ is because someone with access (likely at the hotel) broke policy and leaked it. The NFL and the Chiefs have absolutely no power to get the video if they are turned down.

This is a big moment for the league and I'm damn proud of my team for taking such quick and decisive action at a time when so many others haven't.

Still frustrating to ask to see the video and be told no when trying to do due dilligence.

Archived