2018 NFL Season

PittsburghSucks

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, ninersdd said:

To no ones shock, McCarthy gets canned.

The only thing shocking about it is that they didn't wait until the end of the season. Maybe they already have someone in mind and want to try to grab him while they can.

CCSLC signature.png

2 minutes ago, Viper said:

The only thing shocking about it is that they didn't wait until the end of the season. Maybe they already have someone in mind and want to try to grab him while they can.

Or, you try to keep the changes to a minimum, and get people adjusted to not having him around ASAP.  

For the guys coming back, they're going through the shock now, and have months to "un-McCarthy" themselves and mentally prepare for a new coach.  You also now get different people evaluating the players - or putting them in different positions to be better evaluated, since you don't have someone who's maybe reluctant to see what young guys can do because he feels he needs to win at all costs to save his job.

I used to wonder why NFL teams would ever fire their coaches mid-season - especially if they're already out of it - but the more I thought about it, the more it made sense to me.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Well hey, the Snatit actually won today. 

But good gosh, man...it took a fourth-quarter comeback to beat a 3-8 team on your own field? Are we sure this is the same team that beat the reigning SB champs and blew out the SB runners-up earlier this season? Oh yeah, this is the same team that three weeks ago also had the #1 scoring defense--then proceeded to give up 30+ in consecutive weeks--to division foes, no less--while supposedly fighting for a playoff spot.

1*jCIR35JpjYGHm9km_jKVMA.jpeg

Snatit gonna Snatit, I guess.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, ninersdd said:

To no ones shock, McCarthy gets canned.

Saw this on Twitter. The Pack have two Super Bowls out of 27 seasons of Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers. I know some organizations would kill for two SBs, but it’s frankly kinda inexcusable when you have two quarterbacks in a row who have been among their generation’s best at the position, maybe better. 

Mike McCarthy has been around for 13 of those years. 

spacer.png

Crack prediction whose chances of happening are probably "never in a million years": Packers hire Mike Leach as HC.

Crack prediction that has a slightly better chance of happening: the next quarterback of your Denver Broncos...Bo Levi Mitchell.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

<------------

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Potentially hot take:

Lamar Jackson deserves none of the praise he’s getting for being the reason for the Ravens winning the last three games. 

Before you murder me, just look at his stats. 

39/65

453 yards

1 td

3 interceptions 

That’s a passer rating of 67.2. 

Granted, he’s run the ball great, but if he wants to be a quarterback, those passing stats need to improve. An NFL quarterback can’t last running more than he passes. That said, I hope he improves his passing. I like the guy and think he has potential to be great, all I’m saying is what he’s done the last three games isn’t great like people are saying, hell, most quarterbacks put up those stats and everyone wants them benched. I’m not saying Lamar Jackson won’t be good, I’m just saying he’s not good right now. And that’s fine, he’s young, he’s got time, and I’m sure he’ll improve. But people want him to replace Flacco now and I believe that’s a mistake. He’s not ready to start full time and won’t be until he improves as a passer. Give him another year on the bench. Don’t rush him and stunt his growth

55 minutes ago, jn8 said:

Potentially hot take:

Lamar Jackson deserves none of the praise he’s getting for being the reason for the Ravens winning the last three games. 

Before you murder me, just look at his stats. 

39/65

453 yards

1 td

3 interceptions 

That’s a passer rating of 67.2. 

Granted, he’s run the ball great, but if he wants to be a quarterback, those passing stats need to improve. An NFL quarterback can’t last running more than he passes. That said, I hope he improves his passing. I like the guy and think he has potential to be great, all I’m saying is what he’s done the last three games isn’t great like people are saying, hell, most quarterbacks put up those stats and everyone wants them benched. I’m not saying Lamar Jackson won’t be good, I’m just saying he’s not good right now. And that’s fine, he’s young, he’s got time, and I’m sure he’ll improve. But people want him to replace Flacco now and I believe that’s a mistake. He’s not ready to start full time and won’t be until he improves as a passer. Give him another year on the bench. Don’t rush him and stunt his growth

I've wondered if teams would be willing to go to an option style offense based off of QBs like Jackson and Tebow. I do think that eventually he has to clean up his passing or he'll be out of the league in 3 years. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Jackson needs more time to develop his passing. The plan was for him to not even start at all this season. Game experience will help but I don’t think it is realistic to expect him to come in for an injured Flacco and light the league up like Mahomes. He’s far more of a “project” compared to many of the other rookies. 

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Archived