2018 NFL Season

PittsburghSucks

If I was the NFL, Dallas has a better chance of making the playoffs interesting than the SBCPE do, so that makes sense, but the league deserves to die not just because of concussions, not just because of ridiculous rules, but because the players do. not. matter.  After every single play, it's always "is there a flag"?  or "oh, there's a flag".  And you almost never know which way it's going to go, because it's so subjective and there's rarely a clear-cut penalty.

The Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles DID NOT RECOVER A FUMBLE THAT THEY RECOVERED even though the REPLAY CLEARLY SHOWED THAT THEY RECOVERED IT and they REPLAYED THE CALL and the REPLAY OFFICIAL SAID THEY DID NOT CLEARLY RECOVER IT?  Blow me. 

If you think the league is totally square, then blow me.  The entire game was changed just 5 seconds in.  Blow me NFL, blow me anyone that doesn't think that the game was changed right there, and blow me everyone.  That game was NOT on the up and up, and the fact that New York made a decision like that proves it.  

There's "home cooking" and then there's a rigged game.  That was the latter.  A guy ran off the field with the ball, on a play that there was no contest for the ball, and New York says that there WAS NO CLEAR RECOVERY.  Touchdown called back for OFFENSIVE PE?  F U NFL. 

The tweets coming in from retired players are hysterical.  Pretty much everyone outside of Dallas knows the game was rigged.  Prove me wrong.

EDIT: I don't know that the SBCPE deserved to win that game, but if you feel that Dallas legitimately earned that victory, then you need to be checked into a rehab facility because you're either on the bottle or hepped up on goofballs, and if you have children, they need to be removed from your custody immediately.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

I appreciate the above rant, and second every thing about that, though in regard to NBA reffing in the playoffs.

A guy recovered the fumble in the middle of 4 of his teammates, ran off with it cleanly, and was then told that replay didn't show that he recovered it.

Nothing in the also-clearly-rigged NBA tops that.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Just now, BringBackTheVet said:

A guy recovered the fumble in the middle of 4 of his teammates, ran off with it cleanly, and was then told that replay didn't show that he recovered it.

Nothing in the also-clearly-rigged NBA tops that.

You must have missed the end of game 1 of the 2018 NBA Finals.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I don't need to have.  Unless a basket went in and the instant replay clearly showed it going in and then the official was like "nope... no clear evidence" then it wasn't as bad.

I don't usually get so worked up about SPORTS!, and look down upon people that do, but this game pretty much told me that everything I've watched in my whole life was a waste of time because it's just not real.  

The Steelers BS win in XL was the first thing that opened my eyes to the notion that pro sports and the WWE aren't much different, but this was one that impacted "my" team, and was so glaringly obvious on every single one of the bad calls.  This one was egregious.

Blow me NFL, and screw anyone that thinks that particular game wasn't either rigged or intentionally influenced in one direction.

1 minute ago, neo_prankster said:

No matter who wins or loses, it's just a game.

This is one of my favorite things about being an adult. I used to take losses hard as a kid, but now as an adult, I’ve thankfully out grown that. 

I still want my teams to win, but I don’t lose sleep anymore if my team(s) lose(s). It’s made sports so much more enjoyable. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

So when a coach is fired from a multi-million-dollar job because he didn't make the playoffs, and those games never really mattered anyway, it's a game?  When degenerate losers win or lose thousands of dollars that they probably can't afford because they bet on a game that's not truly fair, it's a game?  When a team loses 50-million dollars of revenue because they aren't hosting a playoff game because a critical game was rigged, it's a game?

Games are contested between kids for free.  Once you start charging hundreds for the privilege of watching teams play in billion-dollar stadiums, there's a greater responsibility there.

4 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

This is one of my favorite things about being an adult. I used to take losses hard as a kid, but now as an adult, I’ve thankfully out grown that. 

I still want my teams to win, but I don’t lose sleep anymore if my team(s) lose(s). It’s made sports so much more enjoyable. 

Yeah that took me years to outgrow that too.

3 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

I couldn't care less that they lost.  That's the truth.  I don't even know who half of them are, and I'm definitely not alone there.  However I don't want to feel like a sucker for going out of my way to watch a game that was already decided.  How many other games have I watched that didn't matter?  I feel personally insulted when someone arrogantly tells me I didn't see something that I saw.  That's what happened.  It's easy to have one POV on it when you weren't the one who was told that they're an idiot, but that's what I feel the referees did today.  They told me I was stupid.  I'm not.  I'm pretty goddam smart.  My mom tells me so all the time.

18 minutes ago, DustDevil61 said:

Or Game 6 of the 2002 Western Conference Finals.

Was that the SAC vs LAL series?  If so, I did see most of that, and yeah - that one was... "highly questionable".

Looks like the Bears are legit Super Bowl contenders after all.

Someone say Chiefs/Bears in February?

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

No because the Bears aren't wining in LA or NO and KC won't make it out of the AFC.  That said i give the bears credit for wining tonight that really looked like the wanted it a lot more and actually decided to play tonight, I have why the rams didn't want to. 

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

6 minutes ago, Alex Houston said:

Looks like the Bears are legit Super Bowl contenders after all.

Someone say Chiefs/Bears in February?

Andy Reid's incompetence aside, the league will do whatever to stack the deck against KC because ratings.  Not sure about Chicago - I assume they draw ratings, but do they have any real offensive stars?  I'd wager the league wants Pittsburgh first, then New England from the AFC, then New Orleans first and apparently Dallas from the NFC.  I don't know if LA is really the national draw that the Cowboys are, and Chicago just doesn't have the offensive star power to be a big draw.

Archived