2018 NFL Season

PittsburghSucks

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the Chargers just probably lost the AFC west and a 1st round bye by beating them selves tonight not that the home field part really matters but I'm sure they would have loved the bye, but the Chiefs have Andy Reidas a coach and the most overrated QB I've seen in my life so who knows what happens.  

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

7 minutes ago, masterchaoss said:

Well the Chargers just probably lost the AFC west and a 1st round bye by beating them selves tonight not that the home field part really matters but I'm sure they would have loved the bye, but the Chiefs have Andy Reidas a coach and the most overrated QB I've seen in my life so who knows what happens.  

spacer.png

22 minutes ago, masterchaoss said:

Hearing a Chargerstan, with one playoff appearance since 2010, mocking Chiefsfan is basically a battle of playoff can'ts, err ants.

54 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Wait, you think Mahomes is overrated? 

And the most overrated QB you’ve seen in your life? 

Yes I do, now that dosent mean I think he's bad because he's not, but the amount of people I've heard call him the GOAT and media shoving him in my face every NFL broadcast despite having a top 3 WR and TE, not beating a top team ouside a incredibly injured at the time chargers team week 1, and the fact he turned the ball over 5 times in front of my own eyes at the Coliseum 2 of those being huge INTs with game on the line. So yeah in my 23 years of life I would consider him the most overrated I've seen. 

32 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Hearing a Chargerstan, with one playoff appearance since 2010, mocking Chiefsfan is basically a battle of playoff can'ts, err ants.

I'm a Chargers fan? Thats new to me since they've moved to Los Angeles I've been rooting agianst them aside from tonight because I wanted to see Luck back in the playoffs and so that the AFC west race stays entertaining.  

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

4 minutes ago, Tracy Jordan said:

If we're judging based purely on media hype alone, no QB in the last two decades has been as overrated as this guy...

Tim-Tebow.jpg

Mahomes is on pace for 50 TDs in his first year as an NFL starter. But that's overrated, I guess?

No.

Tebow was overrated by the coach who had the power to draft him...Josh McDaniels.  Josh's first ever 1st round pick was Knowshon Moreno. He also traded three picks to draft Tebow.  No other team would've done that.  Two of those three picks were Ed Dickson and Dennis Pitta. The third guy was the highest draft pick, Texas football legend Sergio Kindle.

John Fox did his best work getting Tebow to be competient, thus sacrificing that success to try to handle Peyton Manning.

12 hours ago, Wings said:

Yep. Same ol Chargers. Will probably be the 5th seed and lose at Pittsburgh or Baltimore in the first round. 

In their defense, there were a series of... "questionable" calls that went against them, killing momentum, killing (for a few moments) Rivers' composure (and that receiver's), and at least one drive that likely would have resulted in points. 

I'm guessing Chargers aren't a high-ratings team, so it likely benefits the league to weight it in favor of Baltimore* to keep their hopes alive and people watching.

*I didn't watch the entire game, so I'm not sure if Baltimore also got a broom handle up the butthole.  It doesn't fit my narrative, so I'm going to assume they didn't.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Well that would counter that the games are intentionally weighted, but it could also be that it's just a missed call - though that's so egregious that it almost can't be.

But also - keep in mind when in the season it occurred.  Wouldn't it benefit them to keep the Chargers in the race with KC?  Pittsburgh (at least at the time) probably looked like a lock, so the loss wouldn't impact them (again, at the time... maybe.)

A blatantly missed false start - in a league where the line is watched so closely that being even one blade of grass into the neutral zone can result in an offsides call (if it works for them) has to be intentional.  It just has to be.  Just like saying a fumble isn't recovered when 4 guys are on it.  The ones I saw last night could be missed calls - I guess to the naked eye, it could have looked like PI - but it so obviously wasn't once you saw the reply.  ANd then to call back the next play because a guy wasn't set, when it was borderline at worst (and if he really wasn't, it's because the garbage-ass ref was right there) is particularly egregious.

Either the referees are that bad, and costing teams games, costing players money, costing gamblers money (though I couldn't care less about that), and screwing fans, or the league / networks are weighting the games.  The calls I've seen this year are so bad, and the new rules are so subjective so as to make it less obvious that games are rigged, that I think it's clear

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'll fist fight anyone that doesn't think games are weighted.  Two referees standing there as Nick Foles is thrown back by a full grab of the facemask (and probably could have called horsecollar too) and they literally - WWE style - just pretend not to see it.  Then on the next drive, Eagles Brandon Graham tackles Deshawn Watson as cleanly as humanly possible, and the ref calls roughing the passer to extend the drive and lead to a Houston TD.  

Screw you with "well, to the naked eye" these calls are TOO BAD to be unintentional.  I legitimately tihnk that the league needs to be investigated.  This is almost to where I would hope the SBCPE would just walk off the field in protest.

And no - this is not trolling or emotion.  

I don’t know about that, but I can say that in my 20+ years of watching the NFL the officiating has never been this bad. 

The roughing the passer penalties are particularly egregious. The NFL has to fix that this off-season. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

The officiating is unreal. Absolutely unreal. Just when you think it can’t be worse it gets worse. I’m trying to understand how it benefits the league for Houston to take this game, but the refs are doing absolutely everything possible to tilt the field in their favor. It just can’t be this bad unless something is up. 

2 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

The officiating is unreal. Absolutely unreal. Just when you think it can’t be worse it gets worse. I’m trying to understand how it benefits the league for Houston to take this game, but the refs are doing absolutely everything possible to tilt the field in their favor. It just can’t be this bad unless something is up. 

You're just gonna ignore that missed offensive pass interference call that Ertz scored on, aren't you? :D

7 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

You should try watching this Cowboys game lol.

Cowboys DE was called for a defensive delay of game for pointing out that a Tampa offensive player flinched. 

On a 4th and 1. On a play where the TB offensive also committed a delay of game. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Well the referees did it.  They completely made sure Houston came back.  Still wasn't as bad as the non-fumble-recovery, but completely unacceptable.  Even writers who are normally impartial (if anything, overly critical) have insinuated that something is up with the way this game was called.

Again - not being emotional or trolling, but the league is rigged.

Archived