MetroStars

JQK

Not bad, but I don't know about that wordmark.  I feel like everything else you've done here conveys enough of the old brand without looking dated aside from that.

Granted, I'd like to imagine if they came back, it'd be as Metro FC/SC, or Metros FC/SC.  

I've been seeing a bunch of my concepts popping up on other sites and people using them on Teespring and Teechip, so it may be overdoing the watermarks, but... 

...sorry, not sorry.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Very clean and professional logo here. I wouldn't worry about overdoing the watermarks. This is offtopic but if you don't wanna put a watermark you can present your logo like Davidson Fraser.

I would love it if New York brought back the MetroStars name, and your logo is a really beautiful update! I love your reinterpretation of the lightning-bolt motif of the original logo.

This logo certainly works just fine as is, but I have a couple of concerns/suggestions. Maybe it would be helpful to consider only 2 of them, as all 4 would be too much.

1) I know the soccer ball was in the old logo, but it feels a bit unnecessary here. Maybe move the 1996 down here, or use the original yellow & white star.

2) Atlanta currently uses the five black & red stripes of equal width on their logo, so I'd consider making the stripes of different widths or changing the number of them.

3) I'd add something related to New York itself here, like taxi checkers (as an homage to this old alt logo?), or even just the words "New York" on top.

4) The wordmark's final S has those points, maybe add them to the M as well.

Looks really great!

2 minutes ago, vtgco said:

3) I'd add something related to New York itself here, like taxi checkers (as an homage to this old alt logo?), or even just the words "New York" on top.

Never. They aren't New York, which is the main sticking point with Red Bull.
It's why MetroStars was the perfect name for this club. They were the soccer stars of the NY/NJ Metropolitan Area... it just... it fit. (Yes, i know "MetroStars" is a corporate name too, but sometimes you get these happy accidents where it fits, like Great American Ballpark)

So no New York. Hahahaha.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

22 minutes ago, JQK said:

Never. They aren't New York, which is the main sticking point with Red Bull.
It's why MetroStars was the perfect name for this club. They were the soccer stars of the NY/NJ Metropolitan Area... it just... it fit. (Yes, i know "MetroStars" is a corporate name too, but sometimes you get these happy accidents where it fits, like Great American Ballpark)

So no New York. Hahahaha.

Fair enough... If there's some other local flair from both NY & NJ (bridges?), it still might be cool to add that.

I agree that the name is perfect for the area, sponsored or not. Way better than the depressingly corporate Red Bulls branding.

Would love to see uniforms, if you're up for it!

I certainly don't care for how Atlanta got away with pirating a look associated with one of MLS' originals.

I also like the idea of a Jersey-centric Metros identity, but still ambiguous enough that people from all over the tri states can still support them. There's still a lot of people in NYC and especially Long Island with resevations about NYCFC due to their association with the Yankees.

Really nice design, but I have a few comments...

The ball is really small compared to the wordmark. When shrunk down, I think it almost becomes an afterthought. The outlines are really thin compared to the rest of the crest. Maybe if the crest itself was a bit more vertical, you could make the ball a bit bigger at the bottom.

You could integrate the letters with the slashed white lines around it more. Match up the angles of the middle section of the M with both diagonal white lines. Same with the second S...you could add an angle to the tail which would match the white line. Maybe even redraw all the letters as a type of athletic block...this would add consistency with the angles of the lightning-type gold and white slashes.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived