Soda/Pop/Branding Discussion & News Thread

Popmart

Given the separate Pepsi and Sierra (or not Sierra) Mist threads, I figured I’d start a general soda branding thread. I figure people have a lot of sodas they like, even just for their label design, that others of us have never heard of.

Always liked Squirt and Sundrop for the colours:

41UMby1Nm3L.jpg

st-scsd.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, aztex82 said:

Given the separate Pepsi and Sierra (or not Sierra) Mist threads, I figured I’d start a general soda branding thread. I figure people have a lot of sodas they like, even just for their label design, that others of us have never heard of.

Always liked Squirt and Sundrop for the colours:

41UMby1Nm3L.jpgst-scsd.jpg

These seem to be inspiration for Slurm.

Related image

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

My favorite soda banding - though I've only had it once over 15 years ago - has to be Moxie:

moxie3-jpg.2508981

And in addition to being one of the few sodas I actually like, the simple, traditional branding of Coca-Cola in Mexico is perfect:

Mexican-Coca-Cola_grande.jpg?v=146532237

10 hours ago, kroywen said:

My favorite soda banding - though I've only had it once over 15 years ago - has to be Moxie:

moxie3-jpg.2508981

And in addition to being one of the few sodas I actually like, the simple, traditional branding of Coca-Cola in Mexico is perfect:

Mexican-Coca-Cola_grande.jpg?v=146532237

I love that mexican Sprite still uses the 1994 logo.

14940461?wid=488&hei=488&fmt=pjpeg

coke115.JPG

Its crazy cause purple shoudn't work for a cherry soda since you would think people would think of grape, buts somehow that has been imo the best design for Cherry Coke.

Also agree on vanilla coke, but this version

coke118.JPG

Also in general I much preferred when the name of the flavor was before the soda name like  Cherry Coke , Vanilla Coke, Wild Cherry Pepsi. I don't think anyone really has picked up on calling them Coca-Cola Cherry, Coca-Cola Vanilla or Pepsi Wild Cherry. It's just weird sounding imo.

We used to have this in all the local convenience stores. It was usually next to the energy drinks, but was actually designed to put you to sleep. I really liked it on nights when I was having trouble falling asleep. Worked well, tasted like grape soda.

No one seems to carry it any more and there's a rumor floating around that a trucker bought some thinking that it was an energy drink and ended up passing out at the wheel. Probably urban legend.

Anyway, it deserves a spot in any interesting soda conversation.

25s8m7p.jpg

1 hour ago, Broken Record said:

We used to have this in all the local convenience stores. It was usually next to the energy drinks, but was actually designed to put you to sleep. I really liked it on nights when I was having trouble falling asleep. Worked well, tasted like grape soda.

No one seems to carry it any more and there's a rumor floating around that a trucker bought some thinking that it was an energy drink and ended up passing out at the wheel. Probably urban legend.

25s8m7p.jpg

Codeine-free purple drank. 

I love Moxie.  Have enjoyed it all my life. They went through some weird branding through the 90s and it never felt right.

moxie_1.jpg

I'm glad they brought back the Moxie boy.  Did you know there's an energy drink too?

moxie-energy_drink.jpg

Another odd local soda that I've tried once and just didn't like it was Big Red, which is apparently HUGE in the South

12247830_10153236678791344_74714942761493258_o.jpg

Peach and Pineapple and Apple soda just doesn't seem like it would work.  but apparently it does!

On 7/22/2018 at 8:55 PM, Broken Record said:

25s8m7p.jpg

"Extreme Relaxation"

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

First I've seen of the 7up vintage cans in my area of Canada was this year.  Had a 1980's style one yesterday.

Not sure how long they have been here.

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

On 7/22/2018 at 7:55 PM, Broken Record said:

25s8m7p.jpg

giphy.gif 

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Archived