Ducks Go Mighty Retro for New Third Jersey

16kid

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, pretty much what we expected for the full set.

It has grown on me. And the shoulders do look better in full pads.

Still could’ve been better.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

On 7/29/2018 at 8:48 AM, Roger Clemente said:

Notice that every picture the Ducks have released of this jersey is Made in Indonesia, but does NOT have the notorious Adidot at the hem!

I think the dot tag is permanently gone.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1 hour ago, monkeypower said:

Here’s the full set with equipment.

2hzqdkumixe11.jpg

Socks keep the Ducks flipped jersey striping trend, there’s a jade pant stripe, the gloves appear to be the same and notice the 25th anniversary logo on the helmet.

Looking at this, I really do wish there was more use of the eggplant on the jersey... or just a straight throwback. Though the jersey has grown on me and I don’t know if I want one.

cwQrrzT.gif

VmWIn6B.png

100% serious here: there should be a lawsuit against Adidas for marketing what they're calling "authentic" jerseys. Words have meaning! If you're going to say it's authentic, you should be able to take your jersey from the team shop onto the ice when you get called in, Scott Foster style. It's completely disingenuous. They are creating a separate product and telling you it's the real thing. Look at this copy I just grabbed from the NHL website:

"You may not prep for Buffalo Sabres game days exactly like your favorite player, but your game day routines can have one awesome thing in common—proudly putting on a Buffalo Sabres Authentic Custom Jersey from adidas. "

Semantics about what the word "authentic" could technically mean aside, they are literally telling us these jerseys are the exact same thing that the players wear on the ice... but they're not.

7 hours ago, Cosmic said:

100% serious here: there should be a lawsuit against Adidas for marketing what they're calling "authentic" jerseys. Words have meaning! If you're going to say it's authentic, you should be able to take your jersey from the team shop onto the ice when you get called in, Scott Foster style. It's completely disingenuous. They are creating a separate product and telling you it's the real thing. Look at this copy I just grabbed from the NHL website:

"You may not prep for Buffalo Sabres game days exactly like your favorite player, but your game day routines can have one awesome thing in common—proudly putting on a Buffalo Sabres Authentic Custom Jersey from adidas. "

Semantics about what the word "authentic" could technically mean aside, they are literally telling us these jerseys are the exact same thing that the players wear on the ice... but they're not.

Right with ya. This is what I rambled on about on the previous page haha.

It's the use of the word authentic. We as the jersey-public have come to expect when purchasing an authentic jersey that it is, to the very last stitch, what the players throw over their pads and take the ice with. The "authentics" we can currently purchase are not that.

But they'll put the price point between the previous replicas and authentics, tell you that they've actually lowered the authentic price point (except its a different product), offer a trash-bag replica that is also being advertised at a lower price point (I mean, as it should, it's lower quality. But still, trash bag), and Adidas will tell you that you, the customer, are the winner.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

And even then, the made in Canada authentic Reebok Edges weren't even identical to the on-ice jerseys. There are very slight differences between the retail authentics and team-issued jerseys.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

This has only gotten worse with the"light weight" or "cool base" jerseys. I remember the days when I did spend money on an authentic jersey, it was heavy, every patch and logo was sewn on. You felt like you were getting your money's worth. I can't believe how light and flimsy these cool base jerseys are. You really can't get an authentic jersey at all from the NFL. When you watch a hockey game and you are able to see the equipment under the jersey, that's bad.I'm not buying this "lighter jersey makes you faster crap". By the way. thanks Reebok for taking the hems off of some of the most beautiful jerseys and making them look like pajama tops. What about the ripped jerseys in the NBA. A total joke.

18 hours ago, joekono said:

This has only gotten worse with the"light weight" or "cool base" jerseys. I remember the days when I did spend money on an authentic jersey, it was heavy, every patch and logo was sewn on. You felt like you were getting your money's worth. I can't believe how light and flimsy these cool base jerseys are. You really can't get an authentic jersey at all from the NFL. When you watch a hockey game and you are able to see the equipment under the jersey, that's bad.I'm not buying this "lighter jersey makes you faster crap". By the way. thanks Reebok for taking the hems off of some of the most beautiful jerseys and making them look like pajama tops. What about the ripped jerseys in the NBA. A total joke.

Hockey players get hot. This is a nice jersey to wear if you get hot. That’s really the bottom line on the materials, and players seem to like it, which is important. Form follows function.

All the patches are, in fact, sewn on (both the on-ice and retail jerseys).

If you, as an elite athlete, have a choice between a garment that weighs three pounds and one that weighs two pounds, you’ll choose the lighter one every time (assuming there’s no sacrifice in durability, performance, etc., which there’s not with this jersey).

It doesn’t have the durability issues you pointed out with the NBA jerseys, so that doesn’t seem relevant.

Again, form follows function. The retail jersey is designed a little more for comfort. The on-ice jersey is designed a little more for playing professional hockey. The retail product is a little softer and stretchier, and a little more “shirt-like” in its fit (not designed for pads).

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

18 hours ago, joekono said:

This is exactly how I felt at The Trop last weekend. I went into the team store ready to pull the trigger on an "authentic" Devil Rays '98 throwback and when I saw the thing on the rack I was immediately disappointed, picking it up and trying it on didn't make matters any better. If it wasn't for the accurate logo and the sleeve piping, this may have well been a cheap Chinese knockoff. The last jersey I purchased was a Yankees replica over 12 years ago in a Modell's for around $65 and this Devil Rays jersey felt extremely cheap in comparison, really a damn shame.

On 8/8/2018 at 8:06 PM, monkeypower said:

Here’s the full set with equipment.

2hzqdkumixe11.jpg

Socks keep the Ducks flipped jersey striping trend, there’s a jade pant stripe, the gloves appear to be the same and notice the 25th anniversary logo on the helmet.

Looking at this, I really do wish there was more use of the eggplant on the jersey... or just a straight throwback. Though the jersey has grown on me and I don’t know if I want one.

I am usually more of a traditionalist, but I really love these and wish they could be their primaries.  Other than the current Dwebb shoulder patch, these are fantastic.  The jade contrasts nicely with the black and the eggplant and silver give it a little more depth.

Archived