ArenaBowl XXXI: How To Lose and Still Win

Mac the Knife

1 hour ago, 4_tattoos said:

On one hand, I'm happy for any Washington DC based sports team that wins a championship. On the other hand, this feels tainted.

Arena Bowl is such a nothing title, that it's impossible for it to be tainted. So, enjoy it or whatever, I guess. 

Cleveland Gladiators: "We're taking a hiatus while our arena is being remodled"

AFL: "So you guys are eventually coming back, right?"

Gladiators: We'll get back to you on that (translation: Let's get the !@#$% outta here)

10 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

There's a team called the Washington Valor? That name sounds like they wanted to name them the "Washington Troops", but realized that was a step too far. 

Can we call them the "Stolen Valor" now? Because you know, they won 3 games all year and only in a 4 team league can that earn you a championship. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

In all seriousness, credit to Ted Leonsis. Two (Capitals & Valor) of the Five teams he owns have won their respective sports championship this year. The Baltimore Brigade are also owned by Leonsis and lost to the Valor, the Mystics are in the playoffs looking to make it 3/5 and the Wizards 2018-19 season isn't far away either.

18 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Random thoughts...

1.  That is the Sarah Jessica Parker of sports championship trophies.  If the light hits it just right, at just the right angle, it looks beautiful.  But it's almost never, ever, presented in that light, and when it isn't... hoo, boy...

2.  Ted, could you at least have worn a shirt with a collar, dude?  You're a billionaire.  I get 'casual,' but c'mon.  You aren't Mark Cuban.

3.  I wonder if the backdrop sponsor's company slogan is "Remember folks, if it isn't Shinola... it's :censored:!"

nav-logo.png

34 minutes ago, Mac the Knife said:

Random thoughts...

1.  That is the Sarah Jessica Parker of sports championship trophies.  If the light hits it just right, at just the right angle, it looks beautiful.  But it's almost never, ever, presented in that light, and when it isn't... hoo, boy...

2.  Ted, could you at least have worn a shirt with a collar, dude?  You're a billionaire.  I get 'casual,' but c'mon.  You aren't Mark Cuban.

3.  I wonder if the backdrop sponsor's company slogan is "Remember folks, if it isn't Shinola... it's :censored:!"

For #2, he did. Check his sleeves. He's had the tee over a zip up which was in turn over his dress shirt.

On 7/30/2018 at 9:39 PM, DNAsports said:

In all seriousness, credit to Ted Leonsis. Two (Capitals & Valor) of the Five teams he owns have won their respective sports championship this year. The Baltimore Brigade are also owned by Leonsis and lost to the Valor, the Mystics are in the playoffs looking to make it 3/5 and the Wizards 2018-19 season isn't far away either.

The Wizards took a dysfunctional locker room and introduced Dwight Howard.  That one won't end well.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• 3 months later...

Archived