Maple Leafs Alternate Concept/Prediction

NoE38_Concepts

With the Leafs expected to unveil an alternate this offseason, I decided to try out an idea for them. I expect them to stay traditional with this, maybe even a simple fauxback, but with some modern elements. For this concept, I took ideas from their previous striping, specifically from their early blue jerseys, the 1967-70 set, and their white alternate from the early 2000s. The pattern is the same on the sleeves and hem, and the modified three stripes return to the socks. 

9moFaO2.png

What do you think? C&C welcome.

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

Looks really good. And a realistic guess as to where they might go. I dig the striping pattern being kind of a modern take on what they had before.

With the Leafs having gone retro with their full-time sets, it's hard to come up with what they could do differently for an alternate. But this looks really god. The only other thing I could think of is maybe some kind of take on the Ballard-era sets.

Looks pretty good! More interesting than their current set. The plain T in the leaf is a pretty sweet logo!

Did you consider repeating the stripes down the sleeves?

On 7/23/2018 at 3:49 PM, vtgco said:

Looks pretty good! More interesting than their current set. The plain T in the leaf is a pretty sweet logo!

Did you consider repeating the stripes down the sleeves?

I did try repeating the stripes at first, but I wasn't a fan of how they looked. I also felt like having them be repeated took some elements away that I wanted to keep, but that is just my opinion. 

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

Archived