College Hockey Uniforms 2018-19

2 hours ago, Section30 said:

Horizontal stripes on a hockey jersey are always a no for me. This looks more like something that Indiana's club team would wear. And the giant white space below the arched Wisconsin makes the whole jersey out of balance, even if a number is added for the real jerseys I think it's too high to look right.

It's a big fat no from me, stick to your simple classics Wisco.

What if they went full-Bucky for an alternate: 

il_570xN.1765454377_o5dq.jpg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/19/2019 at 2:29 PM, mcrosby said:

Wisconsin wore their alternates against ND last night: 

4906521-2.jpg

I love it! I had a Hamilton Tigers concept that used a section of vertical hem stripes like that. I wasn't sure it would work in real life but I see now that it can.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Lake Superior State has been wearing a new yellow jersey this season. I really like the logo on the back depicting Lake Superior and 5 stars above it for their 5 national championships. I wish more sports teams took after soccer and celebrated their championships in their identity somewhere.

XdzV1oM.jpg

9 hours ago, msu said:

Lake Superior State has been wearing a new yellow jersey this season. I really like the logo on the back depicting Lake Superior and 5 stars above it for their 5 national championships. I wish more sports teams took after soccer and celebrated their championships in their identity somewhere.

Wisconsin has 6 stars above the nameplate as well. 

14 hours ago, msu said:

Lake Superior State has been wearing a new yellow jersey this season. I really like the logo on the back depicting Lake Superior and 5 stars above it for their 5 national championships. 

XdzV1oM.jpg

Great jersey, but that is not Lake Superior on the back.  It’s the upper peninsula of the state of Michigan, or UP as they call it there.

1 hour ago, mafiaman said:

Great jersey, but that is not Lake Superior on the back.  It’s the upper peninsula of the state of Michigan, or UP as they call it there.

No, it’s Lake Superior, the lake above the UP that the school is named after.

deq-lake-superior_427844_7.gif

52 minutes ago, mafiaman said:

I stand corrected!  

A fantastic looking jersey!  Who makes the LSSU sets these days?

Looks like they're back with Bauer. They had been wearing Gemini for a few years recently before Bauer.

Note that LSSU is using a recolored 2016 Oilers WHA throwback jersey, with yellow swapped in for orange. Even has the numbers on the shoulders.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

48 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

Note that LSSU is using a recolored 2016 Oilers WHA throwback jersey, with yellow swapped in for orange. Even has the numbers on the shoulders.

These look so much better than the Oilers version IMO, the Oilers looked good, but I really love the gold and blue with this design.

I did notice the name and numbers on the back appear to be a darker blue than the rest of the jersey. It could just be the angle of the picture, but if not it kinda brings down an almost perfect uniform.

• 1 month later...

I got a chance to see ASU's maroon, gold, and grey uniforms in person this weekend and they don't look good. They're not as bad as the grey Gophers football uniforms, but they are pretty bad. In a high contrast situation like an ice rink, the grey is so dark that it becomes muddled with the maroon, so most of the time you can't even tell their uniforms are grey. And when you do see them close enough to make out which parts of the uniform are grey, it makes you wonder about the point of including grey since it's not always visible and it's not a school color. Maybe they would look better if they lightened the grey a little bit and/or made it metallic pewter.

Also, another problem with the jersey is the trident logo as a crest seems a little sparse--a hockey jersey seems to be the perfect place to have the old Sparky logo, while the trident adorns the helmets.

A couple of side notes:

The Gophers wore their older gold "M" jerseys for the season finale instead of their diagonal "GOPHERS" jerseys from earlier in the thread. Also, good for ASU for joining the NCAA, but man, they are a bunch of goons--they are the most dirty NCAA hockey team I've ever seen, and living in Minnesota, I've probably seen every B1G, NCHC, and WCHA team at least once the past 5 years. I haven't seen bush league stuff like that since watching college club hockey games in Utah. I think the consensus among coaches, players, and fans is that they would be happy to never play those guys again until they clean up their play.

3d0d3e14-1e37-4017-b27f-69cfb14332c3.siz

ORG_DSC00120.JPG

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Archived