One tweak you’d make to a uniform you already like

ldconcepts

NFL - I'm limiting my suggestions to teams that I feel have respectable uniforms (aka no Browns) but actually ought to make a change (aka no change for sake of change). If I feel more than one change would be good, I'll just put OR, since this is about suggesting just one.

Whole league - ban the leotard look: require significant striping when pants and socks are same color

Patriots - Lose paneling and piping OR drop the blue pants

Jets - Dark Kelly green instead of forest green

Bills - uniform width on striping (the tapered helmet stripe still bothers me)

Dolphins - can't think of one big thing that they NEED; they look pretty good

Steelers - already look fine

Bengals - not good enough for one change to make a huge improvement

Browns - see "Bengals"

Ravens - see "whole league"

Colts - already look great

Texans - make primary colored jersey red

Titans - make primary colored jersey light blue

Jaguars - add Braisher striping to uniforms OR make primary colored jersey teal

Broncos - look fine already (hard to change one thing in this uni without bringing it all out of sync)

Chargers - make primary colored jersey light blue

Chiefs - look great already

Raiders - look great already

Cowboys - color consistency (unpopular opinion: I'd like to see the silver-green replace the regular silver)

Redskins - striping consistency OR drop yellow pants for only white and  burgundy OR go back to wearing white at home

Eagles - brighten shade of green OR drop black for silver

Giants - no complaints here

Packers - look great already

Bears - look great already

Vikings - make facemask white or purple instead of black

Lions - no complaints

Saints - bring back old gold

Falcons - simplify sleeves

Panthers - drop the white pants

Bucs - one change wouldn't do enough

49ers - look okay as is

Seahawks - look okay as is

Cardinals - replace piping on uniform with traditional striping pattern 

Rams - not touching this train wreck; they need new uniforms but I can't do that here

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

For the record, the facemask wasn't changed to black until 2013... the 2006 to 2012 monstrosity did have a purple facemask.

adrian-peterson-vikings-nfl1.jpg

Strange how that's really the best helmet that the Vikes have ever worn. The shiny purple is just the right shade (compared to the dull historical helmets from before and zany new matte ones) and looks just right with the purple mask. This comparison shot that they did back when they revealed the new ones actually makes me like the 2006 lids more.

Vikings_zpsb7097086.jpg

2 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Texans - make primary colored jersey red

Absolutely this ...they look great with the added bonus of differentiating them more from the blue-centric look of the other Texas team.

CCSLsig.png

Join us at Space City Lions - Houston's Aston Villa Supporters Club

St. Louis Cardinals: Make the blue cap the primary road cap again-or get rid of the cream "St Louis" alt.  Either one would satisfy me.

Atlanta Braves: Use a single stroke around the tomahawk so it matches the wordmarks on the white and gray jerseys. The double outline is stupid.

Also, I would bring back these pants for the Giants-full time, with both jerseysny-01-11-blue-richkane-620x965.jpg

Change the Sunday alternate Braves uniforms for home games from cream to white, or let them wear red for these games like they used to.

Red lettering on the Braves navy road alternates for better visibiltiy

Gray numbers on the Cowboys' blue jerseys

Blue numbers instead of red ones on the Texans' white jerseys

Teal instead of black for the Jaguars' primary dark color

A font on the Titans' new jerseys that doesn't resemble anything from The Flintstones

White numbers on the Rams' regular blue jerseys

Carolina Blue instead of black for the Panthers primary dark color.

Mono-black for the Panthers' alternates.

Sleeves on the Redskins' burgundy jerseys that resemble the Lombardi-Allen era if they're going to wear yellow pants with them

The Rangers using their late 90s throwbacks with red lettering if they want to wear their home whites with a red cap

The Astros' blue alternates looking more like their orange ones, instead of a glorified BP/ST jersey

More red on the Giants' blue jerseys, and more blue on their white ones

Instead of the black leotard pants the Saints love, they need to either go gold full-time, put a stripe on the black pants, or bring the color rush pants into the mix

One shade of silver or gray for the Cowboys' helmet and pants, forcing them to wear the same pants with either the white or blue jerseys. I wouldn't mind seeing the white #ColorRush pants worn with their regular jerseys once in a while, like they did last season in "Snoopy Stadium" when the Giants went mono-white #ColorRush

Have the Mets bring back the plain white jerseys, and a black alternate.

NFL:

Vikings - either change the facemask to gray or purple OR make the double digit numbers match. Serifs or non-serifs, doesn't matter. 

Jaguars - Add outlines to the numbers.

Bills - drop the navy

Lions -  drop the WCF patch and wordmark from the sleeves.

Cowboys  - burn silver-green pants, use silver pants from Navy jerseys full time.

ENTIRE LEAGUE -  drop the yoga pants looks.

NHL:

Blue Jackets Thirds - change powder blue to red.

Ducks new Thirds - Drop the yoke.

Lightning - Add black outlines to logo/stripes

Devils - bring back the hem stripe. Its like the dug up the edge design that Lou wouldn't let them use in 2007.

NBA:

Sixers - Make white jersey say "Sixers" instead of "Phila"

MLB:

Cardinals - bring back navy hats for the road full time. Only wear red vs. other navy teams. basically the opposite of what they do now.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Might add more later.

3 hours ago, VikWings said:

NFL:

Vikings - either change the facemask to gray or purple OR make the double digit numbers match. Serifs or non-serifs, doesn't matter. 

Jaguars - Add outlines to the numbers.

Bills - drop the navy

Lions -  drop the WCF patch and wordmark from the sleeves.

Cowboys  - burn silver-green pants, use silver pants from Navy jerseys full time.

ENTIRE LEAGUE -  drop the yoga pants looks.

NHL:

Blue Jackets Thirds - change powder blue to red.

Ducks new Thirds - Drop the yoke.

Lightning - Add black outlines to logo/stripes

Devils - bring back the hem stripe. Its like the dug up the edge design that Lou wouldn't let them use in 2007.

NBA:

Sixers - Make white jersey say "Sixers" instead of "Phila"

MLB:

Cardinals - bring back navy hats for the road full time. Only wear red vs. other navy teams. basically the opposite of what they do now.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Might add more later.

For the Ducks, I think the third should be literally any color other than black.

Get rid of the electrical tape names/numbers that Adidas uses on the ASU football jersey, and get rid of the stupid oversized helmet pitchfork trident. 

Cardinals completely scrap the blue cap and wear red, even in Washington and Cincinnati. I actually don't hate the hat, and have two of them, but I think the Cards always look best in red and love the grey/red contrast on the road.

More of a generalization, but limit the number of times MLB teams can wear alternates, or limit it to a weekend day. When teams like Milwaukee wear navy every day, home and road, it isn't an alternate anymore. San Diego used to do this as well when they had the khaki jerseys, which were rarely seen because they always wore their alternates. 

5 hours ago, 8BW14 said:

St. Louis Cardinals: Make the blue cap the primary road cap again-AND get rid of the cream "St Louis" alt.  BOTH would satisfy me.

I made a few corrections, but only because your suggestions are so perfect.

Not popular but I guess it'll do.

Mets- Put back the drop shadow.

Marlins- Add a light blue alternate with white piping and white numbers, with either a blue cap or a white cap and blue brim (ice cream mets style).

Yankees- drop that horrible armpit pattern majestic forces everyone into and just use a normal double knit cut with coolbase fabric.

Dolphins - Add Sleeve Stripes

Heat- introduce sportgold with an alternate jersey

Panthers- Put the Updated Leaping Panther on the chest

Oakland- Make Kelly Green the Primary colors and move the dark green to alternates.

Me- Lose about 120 lbs and stop drinking Mountain Dew Kickstarts.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

On 7/24/2018 at 10:42 AM, whitedawg22 said:

Remove the "WCF" stripe from these, since the vertical stripe and text in the middle of a horizontal stripe looks awkward:

5997565bf1a85077738b549c-750-563.jpg

Use gray-over-white socks with these:

matthew-staffordjpg-c7f4aca2a17d077c.jpg

Amen.

Archived