ldconcepts

One tweak you’d make to a uniform you already like

Recommended Posts

I don't know that I'd call that a "tweak" but I like it i general.  Not sure whether the white and gold on the plane is inspired by old spear logo, but my guess is a name change overall would probably not include nods to the old name.  Also, the little serifs on the propeller might have to be removed.  It almost comes off like a swastika.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Add blue stripes to the Avalanche road sweater.  The home can remain unchanged.

 

PE0jZQt.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, kroywen said:

 

 

I love the idea of a "Redtails" identity. Have to go with a depiction of a Tuskegee airman's plane if you do that, which that concept does well.

 

The one area where I think this concept fails is the use of a roundel with text on it. This would make an incredible logo in baseball, and a very good one in basketball as well. But there's a reason you virtually never see that format in football - it doesn't translate to a helmet at all. The text would be completely lost.

 

But the plane itself is great and can probably stand alone as a football logo. But the roundel needs to go - it doesn't work in football.

Or you could have a stand alone logo for the helmet that resembles the Tuskegee Airmen medals and keep the roundel logo for other applications.

903_a.jpg?sw=480&sh=420

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, kroywen said:

 

 

I love the idea of a "Redtails" identity. Have to go with a depiction of a Tuskegee airman's plane if you do that, which that concept does well.

 

The one area where I think this concept fails is the use of a roundel with text on it. This would make an incredible logo in baseball, and a very good one in basketball as well. But there's a reason you virtually never see that format in football - it doesn't translate to a helmet at all. The text would be completely lost.

 

But the plane itself is great and can probably stand alone as a football logo. But the roundel needs to go - it doesn't work in football.

Why not just put the plane by itself on the helmets and the complete roundel at the center of the field?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Duck_Duck said:

Why not just put the plane by itself on the helmets and the complete roundel at the center of the field?

 

That would work. As I said, the plane itself would work as a standalone logo. Honestly, I think it'd look better at midfield than the roundel (small text may not translate well at midfield - there's a reason why roundels are rarely done there either).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

Or you could have a stand alone logo for the helmet that resembles the Tuskegee Airmen medals and keep the roundel logo for other applications.

903_a.jpg?sw=480&sh=420

 

 

I never realized how much i wanted this identity to happeb until this suggestion. Even if they went with that plane concept as a primary, i love the side-facing airman as a secondary. But it’d be the perfect replacement/tweak to the current logo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now