One tweak you’d make to a uniform you already like

ldconcepts

I don't know that I'd call that a "tweak" but I like it i general.  Not sure whether the white and gold on the plane is inspired by old spear logo, but my guess is a name change overall would probably not include nods to the old name.  Also, the little serifs on the propeller might have to be removed.  It almost comes off like a swastika.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, kroywen said:

I love the idea of a "Redtails" identity. Have to go with a depiction of a Tuskegee airman's plane if you do that, which that concept does well.

The one area where I think this concept fails is the use of a roundel with text on it. This would make an incredible logo in baseball, and a very good one in basketball as well. But there's a reason you virtually never see that format in football - it doesn't translate to a helmet at all. The text would be completely lost.

But the plane itself is great and can probably stand alone as a football logo. But the roundel needs to go - it doesn't work in football.

Or you could have a stand alone logo for the helmet that resembles the Tuskegee Airmen medals and keep the roundel logo for other applications.

903_a.jpg?sw=480&sh=420

YVRMUBj.png

13 hours ago, kroywen said:

I love the idea of a "Redtails" identity. Have to go with a depiction of a Tuskegee airman's plane if you do that, which that concept does well.

The one area where I think this concept fails is the use of a roundel with text on it. This would make an incredible logo in baseball, and a very good one in basketball as well. But there's a reason you virtually never see that format in football - it doesn't translate to a helmet at all. The text would be completely lost.

But the plane itself is great and can probably stand alone as a football logo. But the roundel needs to go - it doesn't work in football.

Why not just put the plane by itself on the helmets and the complete roundel at the center of the field?

46 minutes ago, Duck_Duck said:

Why not just put the plane by itself on the helmets and the complete roundel at the center of the field?

That would work. As I said, the plane itself would work as a standalone logo. Honestly, I think it'd look better at midfield than the roundel (small text may not translate well at midfield - there's a reason why roundels are rarely done there either).

7 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

Or you could have a stand alone logo for the helmet that resembles the Tuskegee Airmen medals and keep the roundel logo for other applications.

903_a.jpg?sw=480&sh=420

I never realized how much i wanted this identity to happeb until this suggestion. Even if they went with that plane concept as a primary, i love the side-facing airman as a secondary. But it’d be the perfect replacement/tweak to the current logo. 

Archived