Allsvenskan (Swedish Soccer) Redesign. [Updated 30/7]

GT Designs

Hi! My name is Gus. This is the first time I'm posting here so feel free to give critique. The Swedish top soccer division called Allsvenskan (All-Sweden) is a mid-level European League with teams from the late 1800's.

Teams:

AIK

BK Häcken

Djurgårdens IF

GIF Sundsvall

Hammarby IF

IF Brommapojkarna

IF Elfsborg

IFK Göteborg

IFK Norrköping

IK Sirius

Kalmar FF

Malmö FF

Trelleborgs FF

Örebro SK

Östersunds FK

First up is the team from the island of Hissingen located in the Gothenburg arpelago. BK Häcken is a team founded in 1940 by two 14-15 year old boys that wanted to play games against other teams instead of just practicing. The name Häcken means Hedge in English. The original pitch was surrounded by two chestnut trees and a hedge, therefore the name BK Hedge. BK is short for Bollklubb which means ball club. The team has always worn yellow and black stripes earning the nickname Getingarna (Wasps).

The primary kit has minor changes from the original while the clash kit has gone through a major change. The original is plain white with no striping, trims or design features. I changed it up giving them wings like a wasp (not really but the thought is there) to make it more interesting.

HJDBk5z.png

C&C Appreciated

The idea is nice, but the execution is poor. If you're using Paint, I suggest you to use Word to reduce the size of the logos. It will give a better result. A long time ago I made a Tutorial , but probably you'll need to translate it (unless you know Portuguese). Also, get a new set of fonts. Windows fonts screams "Uncreative".

54 minutes ago, JohnnyRfl said:

The idea is nice, but the execution is poor. If you're using Paint, I suggest you to use Word to reduce the size of the logos. It will give a better result. A long time ago I made a Tutorial , but probably you'll need to translate it (unless you know Portuguese). Also, get a new set of fonts. Windows fonts screams "Uncreative".

54 minutes ago, DoctaC said:

This looks good! The only thing I’d change is that the number look a little odd. Lowering the spacing between them would fix them. 

I’m not using paint. But I will resize the logos and fix the fonts. Thx for your tips!

Next up is Dalkurd FF. Founded in 2004 in Borlänge.The team was a social project funded by IK Brage and Borlänge county. The team originaly consisted of refugees from Kurdistan. The Dal in Dalkurd comes from Dalarna which is the state that Borlänge is located. The 2018 season is their first season in Allsvenskan. the pitch in Borlänge didn't meet the requirements for Allsvenskan so they play in Gävle 110 km northeast of Borlänge. Last season the team from Gävle called Gefle IF got relegated, therefore they had a stadium that met the requirements.

The primary kit is green with red accents and the cash kit is inspired by the Kurdistan flag.

5WtDAaJ.png

C&C Appreciated

Clearly evolving the execution. I think the quality of the team crest may improve, they look messy. You also should give a try on some textures and extra graphics. Your template is limited so you'll need to difference it in some way, to avoid that look of "paint bucket tool concepts".

Up next is one of four teams from Stockholm, Hammarby IF. Founded in 1989 on the south side of the nations capital, the club has spent 56 (57 with 2018) years in Allsvenskan. In 2001 they won their first and only Championship.

VYHijk2.png

C&C Appreciated

On 7/25/2018 at 8:03 AM, JohnnyRfl said:

Clearly evolving the execution. I think the quality of the team crest may improve, they look messy. You also should give a try on some textures and extra graphics. Your template is limited so you'll need to difference it in some way, to avoid that look of "paint bucket tool concepts".

If you can, I'd add an outline to the logos so they show up better.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Up next is the team from Swedens previous capital, Uppsala. IK Sirius founded in 1907 with a wide variety of sports. The most succesful of these is Bandy, the ancestor to Hockey. It's fairly similar to field hockey but bandy is played on ice on a field the size of a soccer pitch. Despite the team's age they are only playing in their fifth season in Allsvenskan. However they did finish second once.

Kits: There is an old song about Sirius that has the folllowing line "The Blue and Black stripes won't ever go away from our Sirius" (Roughly translated from Swedish). I agree with that statement and tink that the blue & black stripes work very well and will stay. For the Clash kit I kept the stripes but made them more sublimated.

SxKhQFe.png

C&C Appreciated

Could you possibly give some more explaination on IF Elfsborg? I dont really care for the gradient, especially on the yellow jersey, but I might appreciate it a bit more if you could explain why you chose it. Also Sirius looks really good! My favorite so far.

1 hour ago, VikingsAiden said:

Could you possibly give some more explaination on IF Elfsborg? I dont really care for the gradient, especially on the yellow jersey, but I might appreciate it a bit more if you could explain why you chose it. Also Sirius looks really good! My favorite so far.

Elfsborg has always been yellow and just that. Plain yellow without any design. I wanted to keep the yellow but make it more interesting. The gradient is there to make something happen. For the clash kid I couldn’t make it black because it wouldn’t clash with some teams that use both black and yellow. I opted for red since they wore it in the earlier days of their existence but also in some modern iterations. The gradient was again put there to make it less plain and more interesting as well as aesthetically pleasing. (Go Vikings)

Archived