the admiral

What a weird, stupid time.  This is all-around one of the lamest things to occur on the board.  I get that the internet is not a democracy, but I also feel like the mod team could've handled this with a suspension.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, KittSmith_95 said:

Leave the past in the past, guys. Admiral isn't that same person who joined all those years ago. I get that this is in the rules, but at this point, it feels like you're doing this for the sake of doing it. If the person isn't breaking any rules the 2nd go around besides the whole "dupe to navigate suspension/banhammer" rule, where's the harm in letting them stay? 

You kidding me? The courts would shut this place down if they got wind of message board moderators playing favorites in regards to IP checks on 10 year old accounts. The mods in question risk expulsion from the internets if they're even accused of such a thing. This is serious business here.

There are rules. Jigsaw said so.

5 minutes ago, CS85 said:

What a weird, stupid time.  This is all-around one of the lamest things to occur on the board.  I get that the internet is not a democracy, but I also feel like the mod team could've handled this with a suspension.

Or maybe we let this play out and there's a modification to the reinstatement rule.

Creating a dup account of a dup account to whine about such things can't help, one would think.

I get it - this sucks. But it's the rock and hard place that the mods were between.  Check out the little dig that DDR made (and I drew attention to) in the CLEMENT banning thread to see the issue that was forced upon them.

It's where I sit.

9 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Or maybe we let this play out and there's a modification to the reinstatement rule.

Creating a dup account of a dup account to whine about such things can't help, one would think.

I get it - this sucks. But it's the rock and hard place that the mods were between.  Check out the little dig that DDR made (and I drew attention to) in the CLEMENT banning thread to see the issue that was forced upon them.

Point 1:  Well sure, I agree.  Just reacting right now, and it's a bummer.

Point 2:  Admiral was always going to make a dupe to react to this, because of course.  Definitely not the most tactful thing, but whatever.

Point 3:  I understand the crummy nature of enforcing rules.  But humbug, says I.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Wow. I haven't been here that long, so as long as I've been here, admiral has been doing his thing. 

I understand why this was done, but something's got to change. I think its a little harsh to charge someone who was banned over a decade ago. 

6 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Can I just say that I’m honored that admiral chose one of the names I’ve used for him for the name of his latest dupe account? 

Points in his favor, as it's clear he wasn't trying to hide who that was.

It's where I sit.

This is impossibly dumb. Come on guys.

EDIT: I'm leaving this. I didn't read the whole thread but only the first page. Looks like I need one of these:

its-a-jump.jpg?w=250&h=235

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Just now, SFGiants58 said:

Also, that suspect thread that got ChrisCLEMENT banned? He clarified it was a guy he knew in that thread. Might want a reprieve there.

That's a different case.  There was an IP match there and today two dupes were made that were IP matches to ChrisCLEMENT, dagreco, DomTheAthlete29, and italianstallion29, all of which logged in today.

VmWIn6B.png

1 minute ago, infrared41 said:

Honestly, the best idea might be to just pretend none of this nonsense happened and move on. What a cluster-:censored:

Yeah...outside of the obvious trolls, the only banning I've ever agreed with was IronChefShark because I felt like he was going to track me down and use my skin as a blanket. All of the other stuff has never bothered me that much and a lot of it seems silly in hindsight. Like, outside of being kind of a dip, why was McCall banned? 

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 minute ago, DG_Now said:

Yeah...outside of the obvious trolls, the only banning I've ever agreed with was IronChefShark because I felt like he was going to track me down and use my skin as a blanket. All of the other stuff has never bothered me that much and a lot of it seems silly in hindsight. Like, outside of being kind of a dip, why was McCall banned? 

Nice to know I wasn't the only one ICS threatened. 

BB52Big.jpg

3 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

He liked the movie The Crying Game!

Archived