Home Field Lincoln Financial Field
Head Coach Sean Saunders
Offensive Coordinator Ron Pagliara
Defensive Coordinator James Fuller
General Manager Thomas Ellis
Owner(s) Stan Steinberg
Colors Orange & Black
MLF Championships 2

Overview: The Tigers season was forgettable which ended in head coach Marty McPherson being fired. They traded with Chicago to get the second pick so they could draft franchise QB Lashaun Barrett which this team has not had since Daunte Banks was drafted in the last great QB class of 1999. They picked up former Firebird RB Lashon Edwards to help with the running game. The skill positions are pretty good with WR's James Randle, Demetrius Carroll, Marqwon Cooper & TE Isaiah Reed. The offensive line probably could use a piece or two to go with T Tepu Maualuga & G Antoine Royce. The defense is led by LB Shawn Kendrick with the two Mikes at DT Michael Skinner & Mike Fraser. Rashean Starks is a pretty good cornerback.

uBFy12y.png

jnKlU6A.png

44wsThP.png

qXxJARF.png

anpMrnG.png

It took me a minute but then I was listening to I Heart 80's 103.7 FM and Survivor's "Eye of the Tiger" and then this all made sense

15 hours ago, Silence of the Rams said:

It took me a minute but then I was listening to I Heart 80's 103.7 FM and Survivor's "Eye of the Tiger" and then this all made sense

Actually they got their name as the initial owner E.C. Denney was a big Princeton Tigers alum & they were dominate at the time in college football. He wanted his football team to be the Princeton of the MLF.

PORTLAND PIONEERS
Founded 1964
Based In Portland, Oregon
Home Field Jeld Wen Field
Head Coach Mike Ferrara
Offensive Coordinator Larry Sutton
Defensive Coordinator Rod Blackmon
General Manager Mike Murphy
Owner(s) Dan Allen
Colors Forest Green & Yellow
MLF Championships

none

Overview: The last few years Portland has been a very competitive team mainly behind QB Marcus King who has had a resurgence since coming via trade from Detroit. However, he sat out the whole offseason debating whether to retire at age 37 in the end he decided one more year. Portland did draft what they hope is his replacement in Dayne Cook out of Notre Dame in the preseason though former Arena League MVP Brett Cole solidified himself as the backup after a great spring for Utah Stags. RB Kevin McAllister is one of the best all-purpose backs but is 30 & WR Charles Porter is solid as well. The defense is good with DT Tony Powe leading the way with CB Anthony Newman & S Dre Jones leading the secondary.

Bw4odNH.png

chQ8WXE.png

lokvEZB.png

GaiuuA0.png

• Like 4

On 9/10/2018 at 3:09 PM, hugevolsfan said:

Actually they got their name as the initial owner E.C. Denney was a big Princeton Tigers alum & they were dominate at the time in college football. He wanted his football team to be the Princeton of the MLF.

Well either way. That and the "Rocky" reference are both viable. ?

Im in awe of all these. I followed MLF first time around and so much has improved. The little touch ups here n there has greatly improved every team. Cant wait for the Seattle team as u say you've totally re-done the logo. 

I love the Rhinos, reminds me of an all-red Memphis Showboats!!

• Like 1

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

18 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

Switch the logos for Portland, P-wheel on helmet star on shoulder

I like the star as I want it to be an iconic logo that has lasted for years. If you want to know why I picked that symbol you have to look to the Portland flag which has the star on it & what it represents

2 hours ago, mkg74 said:

Im in awe of all these. I followed MLF first time around and so much has improved. The little touch ups here n there has greatly improved every team. Cant wait for the Seattle team as u say you've totally re-done the logo. 

I love the Rhinos, reminds me of an all-red Memphis Showboats!!

Thanks! Seattle has not changed very much I just changed the name to what it was originally not sure why I changed it.

5 hours ago, JH42XCC said:

Jeld-Wen Field is now called Providence Park

Also, you should give the Pioneers green pants for the road and yellow alternate uniforms. But nonetheless, the logos are great.

I will take note of the name change. I thought about adding green but choose not to I may explore it again.

SAINT LOUIS STALLIONS
Founded 1960
Based In St. Louis Stallions
Home Field National Car Rental Field
Head Coach Mike Rowan
Offensive Coordinator Marty McPherson
Defensive Coordinator Ron Colleto
General Manager Eric Dorsa
Owner(s) Robert Cooke
Colors Silver & Black
MLF Championships 2

Overview: The Stallions miss the days of the Brian Turner & Craig Matthews led teams that brought home two championships. Long time offensive coordinator Joe Ferraro who was promoted to head coach was fired after several sub par seasons. UCLA head coach Mike Rowan was brought in to bring the team back to prominence. Her brought two veteran offensive & defensive coordinators who were also head coaches in Marty McPherson & Ron Colleto to help with his inexperience. He would have liked to draft Barnett at QB but instead settled with Oklahoma State QB Johnny Maze who many thought was the sleeper of the first round draft picks. He picked up his nemesis RB Kareem Cook from USC to take over running game. The defense still has some veterans on it with CB Ken McIntyre & DE Al Jenkins.

T6QmgPt.png

ISNRRqr.png

SUqpvJ4.png

64SznSg.png

• Like 2

SAN DIEGO SHARKS
Founded 1972
Based In San Diego, California
Home Field Qualcomm Stadium
Head Coach Gill Gilbert
Offensive Coordinator Bob Christenson
Defensive Coordinator Ray Perry
General Manager John Allen
Owner(s) Virginia Hunt
Colors Sea Green & Slate
MLF Championships none

Overview: After a few miserable years of ineptitude San Diego has become one of the best teams in the league the last five years under the direction of GM John Allen & head coach Gill Gilbert. The main reason is the best RB in the league D'Andre Barber who has had some of the best seasons by RB ever. However when they acquired former Toronto Rhino QB Matt Holecek is when this team really took off four years ago. He has a very good WR in Bobby Owens as well. The offensive line is very good led by C Max Larsen & T Jake Steinburg. They also upgraded at G with first round pick Jamarco Brown. The defense is good led by DT Marcus Canty & LB's Eric Lee & Derrick Harris with a strong secondary with CB Schea Wright & S Ronnie Butler.

BlvIRjW.png

aEAwXgz.png

S6BKNOL.png

3jGesE4.png

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
SAN FRANCISCO HAWKS
Founded 1953
Based In San Francisco, California
Home Field Levis Stadium
Head Coach Teryl Ward
Offensive Coordinator Mike Castillo
Defensive Coordinator Ray Edwards
General Manager Les Hunley
Owner(s) Jeff Guthrie
Colors Purple, Silver, & Black
MLF Championships 1

Overview: The Hawks futility has lasted for years but they hope they have found the answer in 2nd year QB Josh Sanchez. The big strong armed Stanford product is really the type of franchise player every team hopes for now it is time for them to put some pieces around him. RB is questionable since none of the players have much experience. WR Kenard Hamilton is pretty good & they are hoping rookie Trey Wims will help out. Veteran T Melvin Wilkerson has never played for another team & is still a very capable at age 36. The defense is strong led by LB's Desmond Watson, Nick Van Noord & Hassan Thompson. 

6cqdajl.png

2NF5PQU.png

oCOjLXZ.png

SCDux1Y.png

PNpBJnk.png

kTgnFTm.png

• Like 1

Wasn't expecting the Stallions to switch from Purple & Gold to Silver & Black. But nonetheless, the new look is quite impressive.

Also, excellent work with the new Purple & Black look for the San Francisco Hawks (though you might wanna fix the "Atlanta Blazers" typo in the header of their style guide)

YOZXkBG.png?1

21 hours ago, JH42XCC said:

Wasn't expecting the Stallions to switch from Purple & Gold to Silver & Black. But nonetheless, the new look is quite impressive.

Also, excellent work with the new Purple & Black look for the San Francisco Hawks (though you might wanna fix the "Atlanta Blazers" typo in the header of their style guide)

Silver & Black was the original look for so long then I switched for some reason I think because I changed Pittsburgh's colors... good catch I have not had much time to work on this I will update tomorrow & hopefully finish this series this week 

SEATTLE SHOCKERS
Founded 1978
Based In Seattle, Washington
Home Field CenturyLink Stadium
Head Coach Mike Marinella
Offensive Coordinator Steve Gansz
Defensive Coordinator Jim Haluchak
General Manager Joe Snead
Owner(s) Rick Hammonds
Colors Seattle Green & Yellow
MLF Championships 1

Overview: Despite having one of the best QB's in Marvin Carter Seattle has continued to struggle to compete in the extremely hard AC West Division. The offense is not the problem even though they tend to forget about the running game surprisingly enough they resigned RB Jarvis Martin who is 31. TE Tony Verreli is 34 & their best WR Trey Smith is 32 so they are certainly running out of time with this talented roster. The offensive line is young at the tackles with second year RT Eric Eaton & first round pick LT Cole Richardson. The middle of line is solid with veteran G's Levon Jackson & Antonio Richmond along with C Donnell Avery. The defense has struggled in recent years but has a really good CB in Shaun Westbrook.

myo9QfR.png

LzG5MRZ.png

Y118Uh6.png

P61gG27.png

• Like 2