TheFallenHaveRisen

New York Jets are confirmed to be getting new uniforms in 2019

I would almost expect them to go to the kelly color on their CR uniforms. It would be a safe move and there wouldn't be any way they'd screw that up (fingers crossed anyways).

Kelly green. Jets wordmark on the helmets. Classic logos. Yeah baby.

16 minutes ago, flyersfan said:

Kelly green. Jets wordmark on the helmets. Classic logos. Yeah baby.

They're already using their classic logo, just not the one you are thinking of (I'm guessing).

https://goo.gl/images/AwgwEP

^^ this. Darnold era jets. Hoping they gi white helmets white masks tho that’s a slick look

18 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

Please for the love of god do this:

Dcq3BHyV4AA8-s8.jpg

I like these. Bring on a green helmet! 

Posted (edited)

It is so so critical that they learn the lesson from the past abominations of Cleveland, Miami(being corrected) Jax, Seattle, Tampa. Do not even thing about messing this thing up. Do not reinvent the wheel. The Jets have a very no nonsense fanbase and any sort of Jaguars vomit on a canvas will not be accepted.

For them to be getting new uniforms next spring means this process must've began last year I'm guessing? Probably well before those instagram mock ups came up.

I'm thinking the white facemasks are back for good. Those have been very well received. There was a lot of pushing for a return of an 80's/early 90s type look

Edited by infrared41
Removed a poor choice for a verb.

Thank god. Hate the current jets uni and always have 

Supposedly the new unis were about to be rolled out a few months ago at the "Taste of the Jets" event that they did but were held off for some reason.

Here's another concept that I've seen kicked around

thumbnail_2.jpg

Somebody asked Darron Lee on twitter if they're "fire" and he commented that they're better than "fire"? which worries me because athletes love ridiculous stupid uniforms

The first thought that came to mind before anything else was "God, Darron Lee must feel so vindicated rn."

9 minutes ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

Supposedly the new unis were about to be rolled out a few months ago at the "Taste of the Jets" event that they did but were held off for some reason.

Here's another concept that I've seen kicked around

thumbnail_2.jpg

Somebody asked Darron Lee on twitter if they're "fire" and he commented that they're better than "fire"? which worries me because athletes love ridiculous stupid uniforms

Lee was the one who was posting around concepts that looked like this and begging the team to switch to them, so I'd rest easier.

All in all, I'm just glad to have our first confirmation that 2019 won't be a boring offseason uni-wise (unless I'm forgetting something?).

Aren't the Eagles doing something too with their uni's 2019? Maybe I'm mistaken...

What is weird though...if this is all Darron Lee, then how did he get the Jets to get new uniforms for 2019? If he sparked this THIS offseason (him and Jamal Adams really) then wouldn't we have the unis in 2020?

Isn't it a 2 year process to get new uniforms? So why are we getting ours next year?

Is the forest green/neon green combo on the word search of any significance?

2 minutes ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

Aren't the Eagles doing something too with their uni's 2019? Maybe I'm mistaken...

What is weird though...if this is all Darron Lee, then how did he get the Jets to get new uniforms for 2019? If he sparked this THIS offseason (him and Jamal Adams really) then wouldn't we have the unis in 2020?

Isn't it a 2 year process to get new uniforms? So why are we getting ours next year?

Can a team start a process before deciding if they're going through with it or not? Not sure how it works, but I'm assuming so. Maybe Lee and Adams were pushing it already knowing the Jets were mulling it over.