TheFallenHaveRisen

New York Jets are confirmed to be getting new uniforms in 2019

37 minutes ago, baymenxpac said:
On 11/10/2018 at 11:59 AM, Buc said:

are the Jets still "Long Island's team"?

eh. the geographic breakdowns have really shifted a lot. fans move, of course the jets moved (from queens to new jersey)

The other thing that has eroded the Jets' hold on Long Island is the fact that they no longer train at Hofstra University, but now do so in New Jersey.

Still, while Giant fans outnumber Jet fans everywhere, the advantage is probably smallest on Long Island.

2 hours ago, DeFrank said:

Not the first NFL team to be clearly, unequivocally named after a Broadway musical: 

JagsCats3d.jpg

Please tell me that someone did a whole series of Concepts based off Pat Patriot and all the NFL teams.

and If so, PLEASE post link.

I've always been a much bigger fan of Pat the Center than Elvis.

Would love to see a roid rage Buffalo and a few other teams in this.

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

Seriously, I loved the OG Panthers script, and the fact that something so obviously a product of the '90s lasted into the 2010s.

I call it the “Beast Wars” script:

reduced-bwdinobo.jpg

It’s so mid-‘90s, and a testament to how Jerry Richardson was steadfast against the team changing their look, no matter its problems (waiting for the Nike deal to change word marks and give the logo a much-needed overhaul).

2 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

I call it the “Beast Wars” script:

reduced-bwdinobo.jpg

It’s so mid-‘90s, and a testament to how Jerry Richardson was steadfast against the team changing their look, no matter its problems (waiting for the Nike deal to change word marks and give the logo a much-needed overhaul).

Or, it was a tribute to how stinking awesome the Beast Wars font is.

Nah, you're right. But that doesn't mean that script isn't cool. The '90s kid in me will die on that hill.

Well, speaking of that 90's "rage" script, if we're gonna go there, let's go all the way there...

richmond_renegades_1994-95_front.jpg

front.jpg

a01f7feff067927b1161940d27678852.jpg

And oh yeah, THIS...

Renegades9SHIERroadfrontG.jpg

Teal, purple, black, rage font, the mullet--you couldn't get more '90s if you tried!*

*None of this has to do with the Jets though, I know.

I have to be honest I've never heard a fellow Jets fan mention feeling perturbed regarding too much militarism or patriotism in our uniforms and brand. Maybe over time as that once glamorous Jet Set age (and it also helped we had the ultimate QB to embody it) got further away from us they thought embracing imagery of the air force, fighter jets, the air raid siren, flight crew, etc would just seem cool. If they went got rid of this entirely with the new uni's I certainly would not shed a tear since I've never felt any sort of militaristic undertones when I think about the Jets, but that probably has to do with when I became a fan. it wouldn't shock me if it remained though since it could be that it's very well received by the majority of the fanbase. I don't really know I guess that's probably what they're discussing in the focus groups

On 11/13/2018 at 4:20 PM, Buc said:

Renegades9SHIERroadfrontG.jpg

Teal, purple, black, rage font, the mullet--you couldn't get more '90s if you tried!*

It’s a “Jazz” Solo cup in jersey form.