TheFallenHaveRisen

New York Jets are confirmed to be getting new uniforms in 2019

Recommended Posts

 

I too am looking forward to see what the J-E-T-S do with their uniform change this upcoming spring. 

 

We often speak about socks that NFL teams wear, and I've long been wondering why we're not seeing NIKE make different belt colors on the pants like what was once so common.  

 

For instance, take a look a the old NY Jets uniform set with the kelly green belt, from back in the day when their logo was pointed and looked like the shape of a football instead of a rugby ball with the present oval shape.  That green belt really accents those white pants.

 

 

507c8abc192bfb9496c69b52f1d406af--joe-na

 

Below is a very rare AFL color photo from the early 60s, 1963 to be exact, as the J-E-T-S had just changed their nickname from TITANS in what was their final year of playing home games at the Polo Grounds as Sonny Werblin had just purchased the team. 

 

They only wore this logo for the 1963 season and changed it again for their inaugural 1964 season to commemorate the opening of  Shea Stadium.

 

The following rare color photo was taken at their 13-OCT-1963 away game in San Diego who was donning their Pacific Blue jerseys (no powder blue until 1966)

 

672f85451fc92a8b5e5448ee1cb4acfd.jpg

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ARTnSocal said:

We often speak about socks that NFL teams wear, and I've long been wondering why we're not seeing NIKE make different belt colors on the pants like what was once so common.

 

Football pants almost exclusively use simple elastic waistbands nowadays. No more lace-up fronts or belts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, andrewharrington said:

 

Football pants almost exclusively use simple elastic waistbands nowadays. No more lace-up fronts or belts.

really! didn't know that and now I'm jealous, football pants are a freaking pain to put in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I the only one that thinks a team named the Jets is the last team that should use a script as its logo? The Raiders and the Steelers are the only other teams with their names in there logos, and it is not the main focus in their logos. There are so many opportunities to use jet imagery for a logo and I think just using a script is lazy. They can bring back the old script or a version of it as their woodmark, but I would really like something new as the primary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hearkening back a few months. Remember the Jets were supposed to unveil their new 2019 uniforms at this years "Taste of the Jets" restaurant/season ticket holder event earlier this season.

 

But it never happened. For some reason the uni's were not rolled out then

 

Could it be that they put the kibosh on a few things last moment and went back in for a redesign? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/15/2018 at 12:04 AM, MN Wilkings said:

Am I the only one that thinks a team named the Jets is the last team that should use a script as its logo? The Raiders and the Steelers are the only other teams with their names in there logos, and it is not the main focus in their logos. There are so many opportunities to use jet imagery for a logo and I think just using a script is lazy. They can bring back the old script or a version of it as their woodmark, but I would really like something new as the primary. 

 

It doesn't look so bad, but this should never be a primary. And it is cleaned up a bit. I wouldn't mind if they brought this back in some capacity

 

2606-New-York-Jets-NFL-2Tone-Script-Mitc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a white set, a green set and dare I say it... a black set for 2019. The new shade of green is titled “SPORT GREEN”. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Teal said:

Is there a white set, a green set and dare I say it... a black set for 2019. The new shade of green is titled “SPORT GREEN”. 

They better not pull a Jaguars and make the black set the home...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Teal said:

Is there a white set, a green set and dare I say it... a black set for 2019. The new shade of green is titled “SPORT GREEN”. 

 

tumblr_oide5vzsmr1rs0w1ho1_500.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Teal said:

Is there a white set, a green set and dare I say it... a black set for 2019. The new shade of green is titled “SPORT GREEN”. 

 

I HATE IT WHEN JOKES BECOME REALITY!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

Hearkening back a few months. Remember the Jets were supposed to unveil their new 2019 uniforms at this years "Taste of the Jets" restaurant/season ticket holder event earlier this season.

 

Why on earth would they have unveiled their 2019 uniforms before/during the 2018 season?  When was the last time an NFL team did that?  I doubt it would even be allowed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can totally see Nike giving the Jets a color no one wanted as a jersey. Maybe they’ll do a horrible combo like Green Jersey, Black Pants or vice versa. They’ll probably push black so hard like it’s 2000.

Can’t wait for those half stripped pants no one likes. Maybe the pants will say JETS or NEW YORK, in case you forgot what team this was or the city they represent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, insert name said:

Maybe the pants will say JETS or NEW YORK

#JETUP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, insert name said:

I can totally see Nike giving the Jets a color no one wanted as a jersey. Maybe they’ll do a horrible combo like Green Jersey, Black Pants or vice versa. They’ll probably push black so hard like it’s 2000.

Can’t wait for those half stripped pants no one likes. Maybe the pants will say JETS or NEW YORK, in case you forgot what team this was or the city they represent. 

 

One sleeve will have a Jet, the other will have a Jets wordmark, and NEW YORK will be super huge above the numbers - Cleveland style.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just googled “sport green,” and found a color database site with an entry for it.  IMO, it looks slightly brighter than what the Jets wear now, but still a form of dark green.

 

Colourlovers.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, unimaniac said:

I just googled “sport green,” and found a color database site with an entry for it.  IMO, it looks slightly brighter than what the Jets wear now, but still a form of dark green.

 

Colourlovers.com

 

Might not mean anything at all.  Nike can take any shade of green they want and call it "sport green".  It could also be that is "sport green", but when they actually go to make up their garbage-ass marketing story, they'll call it Jet Green or Gang Green or Money Green or some dumb crap like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean they do call the shade of yellow used on the recent Brazil top "Midwest Gold" on their website,but "Samba Gold" on the marketing stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/22/2018 at 12:54 PM, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

Hearkening back a few months. Remember the Jets were supposed to unveil their new 2019 uniforms at this years "Taste of the Jets" restaurant/season ticket holder event earlier this season.

 

But it never happened. For some reason the uni's were not rolled out then

 

Could it be that they put the kibosh on a few things last moment and went back in for a redesign? 

Nope. We’re too far along in the process. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now