TheFallenHaveRisen

New York Jets are confirmed to be getting new uniforms in 2019

18 hours ago, sozopol said:

NYCFC had a black shirt for their clashing kit their first year. However, as a City AND Jets fan I resent your implication 🤨😁

Yeah, if anything RB is the second fiddle. 😛 

4 hours ago, Teal said:

No. I will post it because the Jets are already starting to hype the new set. So it’s news. Plus you don’t determine what anyone is and isn’t allowed to post. I have the freedom to post whatever I want that relates to the topic at hand. 

That’s cool.  

But people also have the right to criticize you for the vague teases.  It goes both ways.

2 hours ago, simtek34 said:

Here is that Post...

I know it's a glow but could it be a neonish type green being added to the mix like the Seahawks or Timberwolves? 

16 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

I know it's a glow but could it be a neonish type green being added to the mix like the Seahawks or Timberwolves? 

Thankfully, it's not. Just a brighter green for the Jets next season, lighter than their current dark green, but darker than their throwback kelly green. I don't mind it. The logo is kinda meh, but what can you expect? Here's hoping the uniforms aren't too Nike-fied.

It would have been cool to unveil it on Christmas....but I don't know if the league will allow them to do it until the new league year begins

1 hour ago, scraw28 said:

It would have been cool to unveil it on Christmas....but I don't know if the league will allow them to do it until the new league year begins

that would be a cool reveal, but timing definitely plays a part in the release. Nike wont be ready with apparel until spring. need to have everything ready to go when the team reveals the new stuff  

4 hours ago, Conrad. said:

Thankfully, it's not. Just a brighter green for the Jets next season, lighter than their current dark green, but darker than their throwback kelly green. I don't mind it. The logo is kinda meh, but what can you expect? Here's hoping the uniforms aren't too Nike-fied.

Is the logo vastly different from what it is now? Is it closer to the old Jets word mark? 

19 hours ago, Teal said:

Think what you want, honestly, but don’t you DARE refer to me as a troll. 

Look back at my NBA city and earned sets. I have a great record. 

Now I’m not posting my insider info for praise, I just know that most of the members here are respectful people and are fans like me. 

Its a shame there are certain posters who love to label me as a “troll” and what not. 

Believe or dont believe whatever I post. That’s your choice, but just have the decency to show some respect toward me. 

@Teal you have to realize that this is a public forum and you have to have some thick skin when you make statements on subjects as hot as a new identity that hasnt been released.  If you believe what you saw as valid and true, then wait it out and wait until the details come out.  There's nothing to defend if you know what you saw is right.  You gotta have some thicker skin.

Also, sometimes in the past you've been one in other threads (the Marlins and Jaguars recent change threads for example) where you kept asking and asking for updates when clearly there was no new news.  Things like this do sorta tarnish your credibility, so when you come around with what could be some epic teasers, some posters may not believe you as much when recalling your other posts.

15 hours ago, Conrad. said:

Wait... You have seen the new green and the new logo? Can you describe the logo please? 😶

Pretty sure the logo on his sweatshirt and the box IS the new logo.  If you notice, it is slightly different than the current logo.  The current "J" is bigger than the other letters, like it's capatalized. All the letters are the same height in the teaser video.  It also seems a bit more "cleaned up" and the letters spaced closer.  It's especially noticable where the top of the T meets the S.  No insider info from me, just an observation....

11 minutes ago, stargazer830 said:

Pretty sure the logo on his sweatshirt and the box IS the new logo.  If you notice, it is slightly different than the current logo.  The current "J" is bigger than the other letters, like it's capatalized. All the letters are the same height in the teaser video.  It also seems a bit more "cleaned up" and the letters spaced closer.  It's especially noticable where the top of the T meets the S.  No insider info from me, just an observation....

They do currently use the non-large J version in other contexts.  It's not new.

Jersfeatured.jpg

EDIT: the mothership shows it as being a current official logo:

7845_new_york_jets-wordmark-2011.png

31 minutes ago, stargazer830 said:

No, they use that application of their logo all the time, it’s been in their end zones ever since moving to the new stadium.

Ahhh, was just looking at the main/helmet logo.  Apologies!

35 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

They do currently use the non-large J version in other contexts.  It's not new.

Jersfeatured.jpg

EDIT: the mothership shows it as being a current official logo:

7845_new_york_jets-wordmark-2011.png

1 hour ago, Cardsblues02 said:

This is going to be really bad, isn’t it. New logo? Possibly a gray or black uniform? I hope those are just some silly rumors. No thanks! 

It’s happening. New logo and black uniform. 

1 hour ago, Teal said:

It’s happening. New logo and black uniform. 

Cool. Unless you work for the Jets or the NFL, your word means exactly as much as mine...absolutely nothing. But if you are right, yuck! 

15 minutes ago, Cardsblues02 said:

Cool. Unless you work for the Jets or the NFL, your word means exactly as much as mine...absolutely nothing. But if you are right, yuck! 

Tell telling yourself that! 

1 hour ago, Teal said:

Tell telling yourself that! 

Didn’t mean to come off as condescending or rude so I apologize if it came off that way. Not saying you’re wrong. Just want to wait to see it for real. 

Everyone needs to lay off of Teal. He’s been right many of times over the years. 

Oh yea my prediction...

8579537.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offs