TheFallenHaveRisen

New York Jets are confirmed to be getting new uniforms in 2019

6 hours ago, Newport said:

Everyone needs to lay off of Teal. He’s been right many of times over the years. 

Oh yea my prediction...

8579537.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offs

You say that as a joke but this could be the exact direction Nike can take! 

11 minutes ago, insert name said:

We know the green won't be that bright, but otherwise yeah, it could.

Personally I'm lowering my expectations a bit. I still hope there's a script logo that evokes an actual aircraft, maybe inspired by the 1978-97 logo. I got no problem with there being black in the colors, since there's precedent for that in the team's history. I don't even mind a black alt. I just hope green remains the clear #1 color, and that it's more vibrant than their current shade, and that there's something in there having to do with their name. If those three are all the case I'm fine.

BACK OF BRAIN:  "You know this is going to be some god-awful concept-come-to-life, like the team brass google image searched 'NY JETS CONCEPT'

and one addled dope fell in love with xXx69COD-cuck69xXx's jersey concept for Madden 2017 and now suddenly wants to make it the brand, in spite of everyone telling him not to."

HOPE:  "Oh c'mon now.  The Jets can't screw this up.  There's a lot of good places to start from here, and with the simple color scheme it won't b-"

BACK OF BRAIN:  "Black.  There's going to be black and you know it.  Lots and lots of black.  Like LA Clippers amounts of unnecessary black."

HOPE:  "That was a freak accident.  Didn't you see the video?  There was green!"

BACK OF BRAIN:  "Yeah, but it was very green, wasn't it?  Like neon green, yeah?"

HOPE:  "Well sure, but that fits the-"

BACK OF BRAIN:  "It's going to suck, Andy.  The whole world will see it, and the worst part is?....people will love it.  You snobs will turn up your noses at how ugly it is, but dumbass tweens will think it's the coolest uniform EVAR, and pay $2.99 DLC to get it into the latest editions of Madden; their parents will shell out millions to buy them the latest uniforms so that their little darlings can dress like embarrassing futuristic Nike abortions for years to come!"

HOPE:  "NO.  THE JAGS.  THE JAGS GOT IT MOSTLY RIGHT.  TH-THE VIKINGS!  EVEN THE BROWNS ARE WORKING ON SOMETHING DIFFERENT, THERE'S-"

BACK OF BRAIN:  *douses hope in a chloroform rag*

2 hours ago, CS85 said:

BACK OF BRAIN:  *douses hope in a chloroform rag*

I've found hope doused in gasoline soaked rag and lit by a match is much faster and effective.

On 12/26/2018 at 7:54 AM, AstroBull21 said:

@Teal you have to realize that this is a public forum and you have to have some thick skin when you make statements on subjects as hot as a new identity that hasnt been released.  If you believe what you saw as valid and true, then wait it out and wait until the details come out.  There's nothing to defend if you know what you saw is right.  You gotta have some thicker skin.

Also, sometimes in the past you've been one in other threads (the Marlins and Jaguars recent change threads for example) where you kept asking and asking for updates when clearly there was no new news.  Things like this do sorta tarnish your credibility, so when you come around with what could be some epic teasers, some posters may not believe you as much when recalling your other posts.

@Teal, I've moved on from my issues I've had from in the past -- mainly for my inner peace. But, I want to echo what @AstroBull21 said ... you really have to have thicker skin. The nature of this board is to question, especially rumors or leaks. A lot of it is speculation even sometimes right to the unveiling. Your past Jag and Marlins posts are coming back to bite you a bit. The only way to gain credibility and BE RESPECTED here (and anywhere in life) is to share what you feel like you can share, ignore the posters who are openly rude to you and move on. There's no need to fight back them or if someone questions your legitimacy (like the OKC shooting shirt with the misspelling). 

51 minutes ago, JOEYxFRESCO said:

I was playing with the NFL playoff machine and got a graphic for Jets season tickets with KELLY GREEN helmets. Maybe a leak?

r08kud.jpg

Oh, that's interesting. NY football logo on the jersey, which looks like Color Rush, but green helmet and black mask look like a 2018 model of the '90s helmet. Probably best not to read too much into it, but it is a fascinating choice for a graphic given that it's never actually been worn as pictured.

1 hour ago, JOEYxFRESCO said:

I was playing with the NFL playoff machine and got a graphic for Jets season tickets with KELLY GREEN helmets. Maybe a leak?

r08kud.jpg

Looks like the current white helmet with green facemask to me. It just has a shiny green effect on it. The same effect is on the white stripes on the shoulder. 

An ad like that would almost certainly not leak the new helmet. 

1 hour ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

Looks like the current white helmet with green facemask to me. It just has a shiny green effect on it. The same effect is on the white stripes on the shoulder. 

This is exactly what it is, I was gonna post the same thing until I looked at it closer and saw it was indeed the regular white helmet with just a green motion blur for some reason.

1 hour ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

Wow, you're right. Good call.

I don't want to sound better than anybody else, but I'm starting to believe a lot of sports fan outside these boards (and I guess here as well) have absolutely atrocious uniform takes. I know at the end of the day this is all subjective and personal taste, but there are some absolutely brutal concepts I've seen around the internet created and shared by others that people throw 🔥🔥🔥 or 💯💯 💯 at.

It's not just football, it's all sports, but this Jets saga is a microcosm of it because of how social media grassroots it seems.

33 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

I don't want to sound better than anybody else, but I'm starting to believe a lot of sports fan outside these boards (and I guess here as well) have absolutely atrocious uniform takes. I know at the end of the day this is all subjective and personal taste, but there are some absolutely brutal concepts I've seen around the internet created and shared by others that people throw 🔥🔥🔥 or 💯💯 💯 at.

It's not just football, it's all sports, but this Jets saga is a microcosm of it because of how social media grassroots it seems.

There is a lot of truth there, but it’s always been the case. There was a time when people loved full color pullover uniforms in baseball, and a time when kids had their own “holy :censored:” moments when they first saw the Pistons in teal, or saw a giant bird across the Hawks’ chests, or a hockey playing duck breaking out of the ice. At the same time, there are very few professional teams that could get away with a brief targeting that audience, and the Jets aren’t one of them, in my opinion. This stuff is all cyclical. Given what’s popular today, I predict you can count on a pretty tame set with one or two head scratching wild cards thrown in.

7 hours ago, insert name said:
13 hours ago, Newport said:

Everyone needs to lay off of Teal. He’s been right many of times over the years. 

Oh yea my prediction...

8579537.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offs

Just my "million miles away outsider" take but I think this direction would be great for the Jets. My whole life the Jets have been mostly irrelevant while the Giants are perennial winners. Jets trying to stay traditional seems tough since they will never be more traditional than the Giants. Might as well be new and exciting. 

13 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

Just my "million miles away outsider" take but I think this direction would be great for the Jets. My whole life the Jets have been mostly irrelevant while the Giants are perennial winners. Jets trying to stay traditional seems tough since they will never be more traditional than the Giants. Might as well be new and exciting. 

As long as theres a good Green and White jersey i'll be fine with whatever alt they have... I like your idea tho, get some life back into the franchise. 

21 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

New and exciting ≠ Good unifrom. That kind of volcabulary is what Nike used for everyone else and 95% of them have been garbage. 

3 hours ago, hawk36 said:

I'd rather they be new and exciting because of a high-quality front office, terrific coaching, and great players, not because of their uniforms.  

On 12/25/2018 at 3:57 PM, simtek34 said:

Here is that Post...

Unintentional comedy for the ages, right there. We’re all going to be saying the same thing when they unveil these, but not in the good way.

@Teal which of these greens matches the new shade most closely? Based on your description I'd guess the jacket, which you can see is not as dark as the logo's green. The lighter brighter shade on the second graphic has been in a lot of marketing /pr stuff, though. CtRUnvA.jpg

rljglpflruyvhizduktw.jpg

Hope this is something you can answer. Blink once for jacket, twice for practice graphic...