TheFallenHaveRisen

New York Jets are confirmed to be getting new uniforms in 2019

51 minutes ago, Teal said:

The jacket matches the colour Sport Green more than the practice today billboard. 

Thanks! 

(are you British?) 

1 hour ago, Teal said:

The jacket matches the colour Sport Green more than the practice today billboard. 

That doesn’t sound good.

13 minutes ago, Newport said:

That doesn’t sound good.

Really? I like it and find it vastly preferable to the lighter green, so I'm relieved. 

I mean, given that it's Nike and the Jets, I'm still expecting a disaster, but I like that green, and I don't hate the idea of black as an alternate or trim color with that green and white. 

18 hours ago, insert name said:

New and exciting ≠ Good unifrom. That kind of volcabulary is what Nike used for everyone else and 95% of them have been garbage. 

I'd disagree. The sets Oregon used this year were some of the best new looks I've seen. Stunning. Even though I prefer many of the more traditional looks, I can appreciate the new as well if done right. 

I found a reddit post that said they are going to have Black helmets and pants with a fighter jet logo. This would be a complete disaster! I do not know how to post the screenshot but I really hope it is a fallacy. 

35 minutes ago, ltjets21 said:

I found a reddit post that said they are going to have Black helmets and pants with a fighter jet logo. This would be a complete disaster! I do not know how to post the screenshot but I really hope it is a fallacy. 

Where did you see this? I didnt see anything in the Jets sub

1 hour ago, Around the Horn said:

Is that the 80's era jersey in the painting in the upper right corner?

In this video of his signing, around 15 seconds or so, it zooms out and it looks more like the current or 60s style jersey. 

1 hour ago, ltjets21 said:

Reddit = bullspit

45 minutes ago, CowboyKevin said:

I think this is the Reddit post in question. 

Rule of thumb - if you saw it on Reddit it isn't to be believed. [Not directed at you, Cowboy Kevin]

In this specific case the fact of referencing the Color Rush set SHOULD be a giveaway, since that no longer exists (unless that is the name for a colorful alternate now - is it?).

10 hours ago, sozopol said:

Really? I like it and find it vastly preferable to the lighter green, so I'm relieved. 

I mean, given that it's Nike and the Jets, I'm still expecting a disaster, but I like that green, and I don't hate the idea of black as an alternate or trim color with that green and white. 

Because it sounds like the new uniform will be black and that shade of green won’t look good with it. Light Kelly green would be ok. 

17 hours ago, Newport said:

Because it sounds like the new uniform will be black and that shade of green won’t look good with it. Light Kelly green would be ok. 

From what I understand the new ALT will be black. The primary will still be green. But I agree that the darker "sport green" probably won't contrast well enough with black. It makes me think of Ohio University, whose basic look is similar to the one the Jets currently sport - but OU has clouded things up with lots of black and grey, and there's little contrast. I've even seen them wear black jerseys with dark green numbers, and those look about how you'd expect them to look.

Remember the Titans leaks on how they would get a new logo and the jersey would be red. I don't believe anything anymore until I see it

2 hours ago, llfhockey said:

Remember the Titans leaks on how they would get a new logo and the jersey would be red. I don't believe anything anymore until I see it

Oh yeah, couple guys got banned over that. The main one I think got a year ban. 

Yeah, I still pissed over the Color Rush "leaks" from 2 years ago. Texans in Columbia Blue my foot.