TheFallenHaveRisen

New York Jets are confirmed to be getting new uniforms in 2019

1 hour ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I'll be honest: I think the Jets current uniforms are pretty much perfect. 

Sure there are little details in how the sleeve caps work in real life and matching colors on the shoulder but that's all about execution. 

The look itself in my opinion is a true classic. It utilizes green and white in different blocks in an effective way and in particular makes great use of striped socks. Indeed, the ability to incorporate the white socks into the scheme is a reason why the Jets are one of the few teams in the league who can pull off monochrome and not look horrible. They can look like a team straight out of the 60's and still mix and match uniforms like any other 21st century club which is no small feat. 

Seriously, this is a good look:

879619908-carolina-panthers-v-new-york-j

agreed. Nike has hacked the details, but this is a really good uniform. im also in favor of making the NY oval the primary logo and putting it on the helmet. that alone would be a tremendous step forward. 

so much of what people (even within the teams) want in a uniform has to do with tram success. if they had won a Super Bowl or 2 since 98 and been a legitimate team, people would riot if they changed the uniform. sure you want to look at a uni and feel like that represents success, but what if they actually turn it around and start winning? the design of this uniform is strong and though inthink they’ll do something new, im holing they dont change much

1 hour ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I guess I disagree. If it is the Jets color and the Jets striping pattern, it's the Jets' jersey.  If a counterfeiter is going to make a jersey, they'll add a counterfeit patch or wordmark.

Case in point - are you telling me that you don't see counterfeit Steelers' jerseys? They added the logo - shouldn't that have prevented the occurrence?

There are obviously tons of counterfeits out there and enforcement does not seem too stringent.  However, sometimes you'll see stories about large shipments from China getting stopped somewhere and people actually getting in trouble.  Is it possible that the logo being on the jersey makes this more likely to be punished. 

I think I read on this board (years and years ago...and who know whether it was correct) that copyright was a key reason logos started showing up on the shoulders of jerseys.

2 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

IF the Eagles were planning a change? It wouldn’t have been affected by the Super Bowl win. Uniform changes take a few years to plan, and so any uniform change that was in the works for Philly when they won the Super Bowl would be too far along to cancel. 

Remember, the Rams changed from their classic royal and athletic gold look to navy and Vegas gold in 2000, despite having just won the Super Bowl. 

Not that this matters much. The Jets are obviously changing but I haven’t heard that the Eagles are changing. At least not from a reliable source.

Jeffrey Lurie said again this year (consistent with his stance the previous few years) that they're working on a way to get a Kelly green throwback, they just need to find a way around the helmet rule. I don't think they would go right from midnight to Kelly, but they'd use it as a trial and switch if people liked it. I don't think the Super Bowl took this off of the table in their minds.

I wonder if the Jets will have a new logo as well?

19 hours ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

Supposedly the new unis were about to be rolled out a few months ago at the "Taste of the Jets" event that they did but were held off for some reason.

Here's another concept that I've seen kicked around

thumbnail_2.jpg

Somebody asked Darron Lee on twitter if they're "fire" and he commented that they're better than "fire"? which worries me because athletes love ridiculous stupid uniforms

Well if this is their idea of fire, bring it on:

I've always likes those second set of jerseys(hated the BFBS), the logo is slick and the kelly green is the big difference here. However, the biggest issue I have is that they never fixed the template problem. It always looked like a 1st grader put together a jersey. 

2 hours ago, ScubaSteve said:

Jeffrey Lurie said again this year (consistent with his stance the previous few years) that they're working on a way to get a Kelly green throwback, they just need to find a way around the helmet rule. I don't think they would go right from midnight to Kelly, but they'd use it as a trial and switch if people liked it. I don't think the Super Bowl took this off of the table in their minds.

I never said anything about an alternate. 

What I did say was that if the Eagles were planning a full return to kelly green in the next year or so then the Super Bowl win wouldn’t effect it one way or another. 

It was purely a hypothetical based off of a hypothetical someone else brought up. 

Good news. 

It isn't like the Jets current look is terrible, but they are a little drab and have a bad logo. They need to embrace a brighter green, and tweak the oval/or go back to the JETS wordmark logo.

Here's to hoping Nike keeps it simple ?

it's a great opportunity for the jets to reclaim the kelly green. it's such a better look for them. the forest has grown incredibly drab, and the manufacturer problems with the various shades of it make it even worse. also returning to a green helmet would be a nice respite in a division where every team wear a white dome.

i think something close to the concepts that have been floating around for a few months would leave most jets fans very happy. that '80s/'90s wordmark is still a favorite around NY.

I'm guessing nike will get rid of the striped socks and will go yoga pants look for the road set (like the vikings, lions, and etc).

Dammit'!

Another 8 months until we see the new sets.

There was a college team the wore Adidas style Jets jerseys within the last year or two. I can't think of the school or find the picture but it corrected a lot of the Jets problems that the Nike template has (mismatched greens, incomplete shoulder stripes). Can anyone help me out?

Found it. It was Eastern Michigan in 2017. Sooo much nicer than the current Nike Jets distaster. 

aVQwThV.jpg VEodlRW.jpgXiOfD6k.jpg

7 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Except for the completely confusing non-striped pants.  Why get that close and blow it with the pants?

I was thinking the same exact thing

7 hours ago, Teal said:

I wonder if the Jets will have a new logo as well?

Won’t be long now until we know

1 hour ago, Chico said:

I was thinking the same exact thing

Woah now... Cant expect Adidas to get it all the way right, can we?  Lol

There have been a lot of concepts floating around the boards with the old Jets script in kelly green. 

Wait, Oldschoolvikings, was that you that incorporated the 80s/90s “jet stripe” into your concept? 

If they can do that, they can have a great look without it looking like a first graders work, like joekono said