TheFallenHaveRisen

New York Jets are confirmed to be getting new uniforms in 2019

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

Here is a mock up I did real quick of what the new logo may be.

w4SZlQF.png

The green is good, but rest of of it...Ugh. I hope this isn't the final product.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, DeFrank said:

 

Yep, exactly.

 

The Jets should have a fantastic "NY" mark that is as recognizable/enviable as the Yankees, Mets, (or Giants).

 

absolutely. i think it would be incredibly valuable from a brand perspective.

 

i assume that why they likely don't is because of the physical location of the franchise (new jersey), and they've convinced themselves if they emphasis 'NY' too much, it would turn off fans from jersey. which of course would be dumb, since the giants have an 'NY' on their helmet and play in the same stadium (though the giants at least still hold training camp in new york).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

 

I agree with this.  The "New York" should begin at the left edge of the upper stroke of the J.  Instead, it is hovering over the empty space above the hook of the J.

S1A3Esc.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Survival79 said:

 

It gives the Jets logo what it always needed: a hamburger bun.

Wimpy just looked at the logo and said, "I will gladly pay You Tuesday for some touchdowns today."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Brian E said:

 

absolutely. i think it would be incredibly valuable from a brand perspective.

 

i assume that why they likely don't is because of the physical location of the franchise (new jersey), and they've convinced themselves if they emphasis 'NY' too much, it would turn off fans from jersey. which of course would be dumb, since the giants have an 'NY' on their helmet and play in the same stadium (though the giants at least still hold training camp in new york).

 

I don't understand why, if in the close-to-ours alternate world where I grew up in NYC, I couldn't go on '47 Brand and get a hat with just the italicized "NY" on it. https://www.47brand.com/collections/new-york-jets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Chico said:

S1A3Esc.jpg

 

. . . or this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DeFrank said:

The Jets should have a fantastic "NY" mark that is as recognizable/enviable as the Yankees, Mets, (or Giants).

 

I don't know if it's as recognizable/enviable as the Yankees, Mets, (or Giants), but it's certainly more delicious.

 

SKxJQWT.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

He can't - he's just been suspended for 6 months.

 

Of course... just when we need him  :/ 

 

If that is indeed the logo it does jive with what he said about it being not much of a difference. I'll hold off on criticism on it til we see the final product, I'm not going to judge a 3 pixel logo lol BUT If its like the mock up, man its boring, I would have preferred the outlined NY behind. We'll see how it goes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

No it wouldn’t be. They’re the New York Jets. A team that represents one of the world’s great cities. The locale, not nickname, should be the selling poing. 

Promoting “Jets” at the expense of “New York” is silly. 

 

yebhG3N.png

 

Yeah, they've really emphasized the city in their branding.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, seasaltvanilla said:

 

yebhG3N.png

 

Yeah, they've really emphasized the city in their branding.

 

 

Hi there I believe my friend above you said "should" have "have." Did you misunderstand?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KGeeX5 said:

 

Of course... just when we need him  :/ 

 

If that is indeed the logo it does jive with what he said about it being not much of a difference. I'll hold off on criticism on it til we see the final product, I'm not going to judge a 3 pixel logo lol BUT If its like the mock up, man its boring, I would have preferred the outlined NY behind. We'll see how it goes. 

That's debateable.  Won't be long now 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

Here is a mock up I did real quick of what the new logo may be.

w4SZlQF.png

 

Can't wait for the long drawn out "How we created the new logo" video. Showing a wall of ideas, old pictures of Joe Namath, color swatches and designer talking about how they really wanted to create something that embodied the history, fans and city. How they went through this long process to make sure they created the best logo in the history of the world. But really, all you did was delete the NY in the background and add New York above Jets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

 

pJKQrjX.png

Distorted it in Photoshop to a flat rectangle.

 

Looks like it says 2019 Branding, and I do think it says new york above jets.

 

Looks like “2019 Branding” under the logo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Survival79 said:

 

I don't know if it's as recognizable/enviable as the Yankees, Mets, (or Giants), but it's certainly more delicious.

 

SKxJQWT.png

This is so cheesy. It’ll really put them in a pickle if they use this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DeFrank said:

 

Hi there I believe my friend above you said "should" have "have." Did you misunderstand?

I believe you should proofread what you write before casting aspersions on others’ literacy.

 

Putting pedantics aside, to the broader point: there’s 10 NYC professional sports teams in five leagues. I think the city is represented well. I think people know New York exists. The team that has historically emphasized its nickname (it’s not a N-E-W-Y-O-R-K! chant) should have a more creative logo based on that nickname than a fairly boring wordmark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Survival79 said:

 

I don't know if it's as recognizable/enviable as the Yankees, Mets, (or Giants), but it's certainly more delicious.

 

SKxJQWT.png

NY Burger King?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, seasaltvanilla said:

I believe you should proofread what you write before casting aspersions on others’ literacy.

 

Putting pedantics aside, to the broader point: there’s 10 NYC professional sports teams in five leagues. I think the city is represented well. I think people know New York exists. The team that has historically emphasized its nickname (it’s not a N-E-W-Y-O-R-K! chant) should have a more creative logo based on that nickname than a fairly boring wordmark.

 

Hi there I believe my friend above you said "should" not "have." Did you misunderstand?*

 

I've corrected my previous reply feel free to answer my question now if you'd like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VDizzle12 said:

 

Can't wait for the long drawn out "How we created the new logo" video. Showing a wall of ideas, old pictures of Joe Namath, color swatches and designer talking about how they really wanted to create something that embodied the history, fans and city. How they went through this long process to make sure they created the best logo in the history of the world. But really, all you did was delete the NY in the background and add New York above Jets. 

Like this video about the Browns' new uniforms.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

 

Can't wait for the long drawn out "How we created the new logo" video. Showing a wall of ideas, old pictures of Joe Namath, color swatches and designer talking about how they really wanted to create something that embodied the history, fans and city. How they went through this long process to make sure they created the best logo in the history of the world. But really, all you did was delete the NY in the background and add New York above Jets. 

 

The new lighter green reflects a new era in Gotham. No more dark (k)nights for Gang Green, the green is as bright as their future. The addition of black reflects the shadows cast by the hulking buildings scraping the sky of the Manhattan, A symbol of strength and unflinching resolve.

 

The white remains unchanged.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now