Lakers Officially Unveil New Uniforms for 2018-19

TJSC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, TJSC said:

The Lakers are set to unveil a new uniform. (Via Nike.com)

392gpl71uc811.jpg

"Be the first to get the newly designed 2018-19 LeBron James Icon Edition Los Angeles Lakers Swingman Jersey. The new design will be unveiled by the Los Angeles Lakers soon. Stay tuned."

https://www.nike.com/t/lebron-james-icon-edition-swingman-jersey-los-angeles-lakers-mens-nba-connected-jersey-lmWzmP/AA7099-741

Apparently it will still be gold

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Nowhere does this say that it's the LeBron edition.  Just that it's a LeBron jersey that's the new icon edition, which was previously mentioned as being a year-to-year thing.

There's no way in hell that they had the design made anticipating the signing.

VmWIn6B.png

Nike site using this image as the place holder. Could be nothing but the round neck reminds me of the classic showtime lakers jersey-

Also confirms what we already know about the colors-

• Shown: Amarillo/Field Purple/White
  • Style: AA7099-741

lebron-james-icon-edition-swingman-jerse

7 minutes ago, LMU said:

Nowhere does this say that it's the LeBron edition.  Just that it's a LeBron jersey that's the new icon edition, which was previously mentioned as being a year-to-year thing.

I thought it was the City edition that was year-to-year

6 minutes ago, LMU said:

I think you're referring to the city editions 

http://store.nba.com/City_Edition/Mens_Los_Angeles_Lakers_8_Kobe_Bryant_Nike_Black_Authentic_Jersey_–_City_Edition

I couldn’t be more ecstatic and hopefully it’s true that the Lakers are set to redesign their uniforms. I’ve always thought their current set was getting dated. When we, (yes, we) had D’Angelo and all the young guys I was thinking it’s time for a new era... with a Lebron coming, not that they are related, it makes soooo much sense. 

Hopefully the jerseys maintain a simplicity and tradition that the previous have had, all the while being modern at the same time. 

My initial thought was that the Lakers could’ve used a new City uniform, being that the Black Mamba one was too corny imo, (leave Kobe alone omg)... 

was hoping to see the same Showtime template but in the Hollywood’s Nights color.. it looks good in my head, but I’m actuality it’s probably ugly as hell. Wish I could photoshop

Why change? The Lakers have maybe the most identifiable look in the entire NBA (behind the Celtics and maybe the Bulls). They have a good thing going, and the Mamba uniform is not bad at all. I just have a feeling this will not be a good change. I hate the Lakers and avoid giving them attention but with the Queen going to LA I’ll almost have to watch them. Just don’t make stupid changes. 

The Lakers have always done a good job, updating their uniforms with the times without killing Laker uni aesthetics.

However.....this time, they really, really need to clean up their primary logo...

2000px-Los_Angeles_Lakers_logo.svg.png

It needs an update more than their uniforms do...

Archived