Lakers Officially Unveil New Uniforms for 2018-19

TJSC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now I’m seeing the lack of white thing, and agree. Strokes should be thicker all around. 

Also, in the photoshop, the purple is more Vikings/old Jazz purple rather than Forum Blue. I hope that’s fixed. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I like these. When I think side panels on the Lakers, I think of Kobe. LeBron's Cav's jerseys recently have been a little more basic, rec-league-y (in a good way). I don't think they designed these with him in mind, but it fits his style more.

It's good to tweak things every once in a while, and I think these look nice. They can always go back

3 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Is it me or does the gold (and/or purple) look duller than in the past.  Also I'd say the sleeve trim is a downgrade from what Kobe/Magic are wearing.

Capture.pngRelated imageRelated image

The gold may be duller than the Kobe/Magic editions, at least in those photos, but that's better than the highlighter-ish color they wore last year:

lakers_celtics_basketball_248400119.jpg

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Did the shorts concept all come from that Conrad fella? Did he base it on anything other than those leaks? I don't really see a clear view of the shorts on those leaked images so I'm not sure where the thin stripe concept came from. The leaked images only the show the very, very front of the shorts (look at the slit which Nike moved to the front of shorts -- you can't see anything behind the slit). 

2 hours ago, threesox84 said:

Did the shorts concept all come from that Conrad fella? Did he base it on anything other than those leaks? I don't really see a clear view of the shorts on those leaked images so I'm not sure where the thin stripe concept came from. The leaked images only the show the very, very front of the shorts (look at the slit which Nike moved to the front of shorts -- you can't see anything behind the slit). 

Conrad is an insider and gets a lot of the first looks on these things. He has a long history of accuracy. His concepts are probably as close as you will get to seeing the real thing before release.

17 hours ago, whitedawg22 said:

The gold may be duller than the Kobe/Magic editions, at least in those photos, but that's better than the highlighter-ish color they wore last year:

lakers_celtics_basketball_248400119.jpg

My oh my, Lakers in their homes at Boston....so wrong!

spacer.png

11 hours ago, threesox84 said:

I saw a super hi-res version of the Fanatics image showing the white uni. You can see thin purple and gold vertical lines on the side of the shorts, indicating the stripes I put in my mock ups. I'm not admitting to these being 100% accurate, as I think the Wincraft designer working on the image could have made small errors, but I think it's as close as we're going to get to a legit leak until someone can sneak a photo of the official Nike images (sadly, I haven't seen them yet).

EDIT...Here's some screenshots of the hi-res image:

BwUS16Ec.jpg

eN-4cuuZ.jpg

1 minute ago, Conrad. said:

I saw a super hi-res version of the Fanatics image showing the white uni. You can see thin purple and gold vertical lines on the side of the shorts, indicating the stripes I put in my mock ups. I'm not admitting to these being 100% accurate, as I think the Wincraft designer working on the image could have made small errors, but I think it's as close as we're going to get to a legit leak until someone can sneak a photo of the official Nike images (sadly, I haven't seen them yet).

Could it be at all possible that they striping is different on the white than the other sets?  Since they're obviously going more Showtime with it I wouldn't be surprised that since the white wasn't around until the 2000s that they might remove the side panels from that one just to make it stand out more.

I keep looking at the Fanatics photoshop of the gold jersey on LeBron and my eye keeps looking to the left side of the shorts thinking that there's a thicker purple panel there.

VmWIn6B.png

7 hours ago, Conrad. said:

Gah, I need to read the usernames more carefully, I didn't realize you posted here. Anyhow thanks for the reply, was just wondering if you'd seen something the rest of us hadn't. 

I'm really not a fan of dropshadows that are lighter that the numeral. It just doesn't register as a shadow as much as an odd offset stroke. I'd much prefer white/purple on yellow, white/yellow on purple, and yellow/purple on white. 

2 hours ago, colortv said:

Larger images of the leaked designs courtesy of Conrad:

https://mobile.twitter.com/conradburry/status/1016878923903270912/photo/4

I think the purple jersey is gonna have white numbers. They’ve followed the trend of continuing the color scheme of the showtime jerseys, with the wordmark and numbering’s so I’m pretty confident that purple jersey will feature white numbers in comparison to the yellow numbers that Conrad had. 

As as long as that’s the case, I can let these uniforms grow on me. 

4 minutes ago, d11king said:

I think the purple jersey is gonna have white numbers. They’ve followed the trend of continuing the color scheme of the showtime jerseys, with the wordmark and numbering’s so I’m pretty confident that purple jersey will feature white numbers in comparison to the yellow numbers that Conrad had. 

As as long as that’s the case, I can let these uniforms grow on me. 

But didn't the showtime unis have gold numbers with a white shadow?

Archived