Lakers Officially Unveil New Uniforms for 2018-19

TJSC

3 hours ago, d11king said:

I don’t think anybody knows what the jerseys are gonna look like.. why would 2K have the unveil? How is the NBA selling official stuff with their leak.. Kuzma wanted original showtimes... 

NOBODY KNOWS!!!

Yeah I don't put much into the NBA 2K picture -- when was the last time 2K got a jersey 100% right?

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, kimball said:

Yeah I don't put much into the NBA 2K picture -- when was the last time 2K got a jersey 100% right?

Its been awhile and a few jerseys even went backwards in accuracy like pretty much all the lakers throwbacks using a incredibly inaccurate font. 

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

Looks to me like 2K wanted to put out a screenshot of Lebron from NBA 2K19 but they couldn't exactly do it unless it was in last season's uniform. Lebron is on the cover of the special edition so they definitely know what the Lakers uniforms are because you know they're gonna roll out some marketing with him in the new stuff once they get the all clear.

The number font further proves this theory. They probably had him in the new jersey but then they had to backtrack and accidentally left the drop shadow in.

bSLCtu2.png

16 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Looks to me like 2K wanted to put out a screenshot of Lebron from NBA 2K19 but they couldn't exactly do it unless it was in last season's uniform. Lebron is on the cover of the special edition so they definitely know what the Lakers uniforms are because you know they're gonna roll out some marketing with him in the new stuff once they get the all clear.

The number font further proves this theory. They probably had him in the new jersey but then they had to backtrack and accidentally left the drop shadow in.

Thats exactly what I think happened here. 

16 minutes ago, colortv said:

Not totally sure about the image. The armhole and collar trim look like they were done in paint. of course I could just be seeing things too, but that looks far from official. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

10 hours ago, d11king said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/LakeShowFamily/status/1016549953114726401

still would prefer these over anything posted in this thread

nick_nolte_mug_shot_dui.jpg

What you look like posting that...drunk. 

There have been some kick ass attempts of Lakers concept uniforms on this thread.

You crapping on them..craps on this whole community. *drops mic and ducks* 

shado_logo.gif

30 minutes ago, Shadojoker said:

nick_nolte_mug_shot_dui.jpg

What you look like posting that...drunk. 

There have been some kick ass attempts of Lakers concept uniforms on this thread.

You crapping on them..craps on this whole community. *drops mic and ducks* 

**Yawn...**

3 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

It looks like I was right, 2K doesn't have the new Lakers uniforms in the current unfinished version of NBA 2K19. The white jersey having the drop shadow was definitely an accident.

YiMzqlk.jpg

dZwV903.jpg

It's not like they're going to have the computer players play naked until they get the new design...

53 minutes ago, colortv said:

Why did it take the Lakers 60 years to realize gold numbers with white dropshadow looks better on the purple unis than the other way around?

I always thought the white number purple shadow looked better. The contrast is great

43 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

The new number colors look pretty nice. As a fan, I'm a fan.

Not a fan, but a fan.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived