Lakers Officially Unveil New Uniforms for 2018-19

TJSC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, d11king said:

I always thought the white number purple shadow looked better. The contrast is great

I think the white number purple dropshadow looks great on the gold unis, I'm talking strictly about the purple uniforms.

5 hours ago, Vitalogy26 said:

I - I really like these. Like a lot. I think they’re infinitely better than the previous set with the huge side panel. 

I think it’s cause I’m in love with the Heat throwbacks and it’s basically the same design. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRNY2g4emDsr5wbfiMqvOg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBBwNjJLD7drYXcEYW60L

And Lakers third Jersey will never be as great as Heat's alternate red jersey.

1 hour ago, colortv said:

I think the white number purple dropshadow looks great on the gold unis, I'm talking strictly about the purple uniforms.

My bad, I meant yellow shadow on the purple jersey. As you can see with the black heat jersey referenced, the darker the jersey color, the white makes it stand out. The yellow imo just looks weird and it may take some time for me to get used to. 

OH GODS - In that last leak, the shadow isn't an outline + shadow, it's just a shadow, so the top parts of the purple numbers have no white border - it's just purple against gold.

I usually don't think that white against gold adds much, but in this case it serves as a necessary DMZ between complementary colors that might otherwise have too much contrast... if that's possible.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

OH GODS - In that last leak, the shadow isn't an outline + shadow, it's just a shadow, so the top parts of the purple numbers have no white border - it's just purple against gold.

I usually don't think that white against gold adds much, but in this case it serves as a necessary DMZ between complementary colors that might otherwise have too much contrast... if that's possible.

I think necessary is an exaggeration. The Showtime look is great as the white trim looks nice between the purple and gold, but purple against gold functions perfectly well. The current numbers with purple trim against the gold jersey look great, as did the purple trim and shadow they used back in the Jerry West days.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

If the final look ends up being something like all the mockups I’ll be happy. It’s more classic than the modern leaning Kobe era refresh, but it doesn’t look old. Calls back to the showtime era, but doesn’t straight up copy it. Should be a solid look for the LeBron era.

4 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Looks like they’ve gone back to the angled orientation from the Showtime era uniforms. 

Ah, makes sense. I thought the extra slant could've been from the angle of the photo. 

31 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Looks like they’ve gone back to the angled orientation from the Showtime era uniforms. 

I noticed a few days ago on Fanatics' website that a lot of 2017/2018 products looked like they had angled wordmarks, though I wasn't sure if it was a formatting error or some kind of sneak peek at the new merchandise. On a related note, it's weird that our Summer League jerseys had the Showtime wordmark without the slanted angle.

ff_3199423_full.jpg&w=340ff_3211552_full.jpg&w=340

If that's angled then it's really slight.  So slight that it looks more like a mistake than an intentional decision.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived