Lakers Officially Unveil New Uniforms for 2018-19

TJSC

5 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

The Lakers have always done a good job, updating their uniforms with the times without killing Laker uni aesthetics.

However.....this time, they really, really need to clean up their primary logo...

2000px-Los_Angeles_Lakers_logo.svg.png

It needs an update more than their uniforms do...

Negative. The logo itself is more iconic than Magic Johnson

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

However.....this time, they really, really need to clean up their primary logo...

2000px-Los_Angeles_Lakers_logo.svg.png

It needs an update more than their uniforms do...

I disagree. I used to think the Lakers’ logo needed a facelift, but every attempt at doing it looks worse. 

The Lakers’ logo is a bit rough, but it’s earned its classic status.

2 hours ago, bowld said:

Lakers online store is now word marking all the jerseys with a "subject to change" tag. Looks like a full makeover in the works

LEBRON-STATEMENT-BACK_large.png?v=153083LEBRON-ICON-BACK_large.png?v=1530837671LEBRON-ASSOCIATION-BACK_large.png?v=1530

Could be because he may change his number too. Is that on all jerseys, not just Lebron?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

20 minutes ago, d11king said:

Negative. The logo itself is more iconic than Magic Johnson

Just to be clear, they do need to keep that logo, just clean up the ragged edges and fix it with better outlines like the Arizona Cardinals did.

29 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

I disagree. I used to think the Lakers’ logo needed a facelift, but every attempt at doing it looks worse. 

The Lakers’ logo is a bit rough, but it’s earned its classic status.

I used to think this about the Carolina Hurricanes. Every concept with warning flags was worse than the original jerseys until the recent design team came up with the subliminal pattern idea for the flags. The Canes jerseys now look great, up to date, and look like the Canes again.

I think if the Lakers hire the right designers, something nice can be done. Even if it's just subtly minor changes.

So this is a primary jersey redesign?  How did this slip through the cracks without anyone knowing (or hinting) about it?

I thought they did a great job last time they redesigned, and I'm not sure how they can improve upon it without looking too much like the Magic-era uniforms.

Maybe keep the current cut but bring back the side stripes and purple numbers w/ shadows?  Or the opposite - go back to the old template but keep the current numbers?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Just now, Ice_Cap said:

Ichiro uses that on his jerseys because that his surname. 

Not sure tha'ts true.  In Japanese, his name is Suzuki Ichiro, so Ichiro is his given name.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'd be down for something along the lines of this:

usa-today-9016940.0.jpg

The Christmas uni was kind of copy-pasta'd around the league, but going to something script-y/flow-y like that would be appropriate for the franchise.  Keep it minimalist/classic and don't you dare do what the Clippers did.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

3 minutes ago, CS85 said:

I'd be down for something along the lines of this:

usa-today-9016940.0.jpg

The Christmas uni was kind of copy-pasta'd around the league, but going to something script-y/flow-y like that would be appropriate for the franchise.  Keep it minimalist/classic and don't you dare do what the Clippers did.

So, like these:

ecPu7Pa.jpg

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

10 minutes ago, Still MIGHTY said:

Besides the "gotta have them all" collector, I have no idea how anyone could preorder a jersey sight unseen.

With how our culture handles preorders in general, it's a wonder anyone can afford rent and groceries.

10 minutes ago, Still MIGHTY said:

So, like these:

ecPu7Pa.jpg

In Lakers purple and gold, hell yeah.  All day long, son. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived