Lakers Officially Unveil New Uniforms for 2018-19

TJSC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, JoseJames said:

I don't like this change. I think the rounded neck is very old school, I like a more modern neck (like soccer jerseys), for me it's a shame.

Well Nike completely ruined the wishbone collar this year so the only other option would be a v-neck collar which looks very out of place if used by the forum blue and gold.

1 hour ago, JoseJames said:

I don't like this change. I think the rounded neck is very old school, I like a more modern neck (like soccer jerseys), for me it's a shame.

Not sure what you mean by soccer jerseys, because there’s about 17284921 different styles of collars on soccer jerseys. Anyways doe basketball there are 3 main styles being rounded, v neck which would look out of place with the showtime look, and wishbone which also would have looked out of place and looks considerably worse now that Nike has took over (which is surprising because they were the ones that invented the style).

8 hours ago, hendocfc said:

They look like 80s/90s (or "Showtime" as you lot call them) knockoffs,however.

Or old replica jerseys that were always a bit "off"...

17 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

This all could’ve been so much easier. Just bring back the Showtime unis straight up, put ‘em in the adidas template, make a white jersey, boom. Instant hit. 

They're clearly trying to have different looks per era.  "Wilt / West", "Showtime", "Kobe / Shaq / just Kobe", "post Kobe (coincidentally, Lebron)"

Going back wouldn't make sense.  Minor-but-noticeable tweaks makes perfect sense.

On 7/26/2018 at 8:00 PM, Gothamite said:

Funny, I think these are a huge upgrade from the current set. Better in literally every way. 

That sounds like a bit of hyperbole, because it makes the now-former set sound awful, when objectively, there's no reasonable argument for that opinion.  Even if you're a proponent of the non-white number, the loss of side panels, the return of shadow, and loss of wishbone collar (which would justify the "every way" part), the "huge" part just seems a bit much.  I think there are some improvements, some downgrades, and a lot of lateral moves with the new set.  IMO, it's on the low end of lateral.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

6 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

That sounds like a bit of hyperbole, because it makes the now-former set sound awful, when objectively, there's no reasonable argument for that opinion. 

I don't agree with that. The current uniforms are imo, clearly inferior from two standpoints. You can't do as much with the upper neck/shoulder area in terms of the piping/stripes as you can the traditional look by virtue of it's design:

Shaq-1.jpg

vs.

Shaquille-ONeal.jpg

and, the wide side panels give the uniform a clunky feel.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RetroJerseyShop/status/1022550136260505600/photo/1

better looking version. The yellow seems perfect^

btw who takes a picture during the day with flash on???

https://mobile.twitter.com/PrimeBI/status/1023006208175812610

white jersey...

this jersey looks really really good if this were it. Guess we’ll see tomorrow. 

But i I really really really want to talk about the City uniforms. My guess is that they’ll celebrate Magic Johnson or Jerry West. If not that, I think they’ll somehow use the Elgin Baylor blue Los Angeles font. 

We should get Conrad’s attention and see if he can give us some kind of Blues Clue. 

31 minutes ago, d11king said:

white jersey...

But i I really really really want to talk about the City uniforms. My guess is that they’ll celebrate Magic Johnson or Jerry West. If not that, I think they’ll somehow use the Elgin Baylor blue Los Angeles font. 

We should get Conrad’s attention and see if he can give us some kind of Blues Clue. 

^ both of those photos you posted are (pretty obvious) China fakes, so that's telling us nothing. I don't know of any other details than what we've seen. The Modell's pic is 100% legit, tho I'd imagine the camera messed with the coloring and the real deal will be closer to traditional Lakers gold and not banana yellow.

10 hours ago, d11king said:

white jersey...

The 18/19 Lakers city unis are purple. 

Jaguars

16 minutes ago, Teal said:

Is it still today?

Im sure with Lebron opening his school today, Lakers will probably announce either tomorrow or Wednesday. I expect the new players to be wearing the uniforms  to reveal?!? 

Archived