Lakers Officially Unveil New Uniforms for 2018-19

TJSC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Thanks to @niewiadomski51, here is color comparsion of Lakers jerseys from Champion to Nike:

qz52xh.jpg

156vhfq.jpg

So effectively the Lakers are wearing yellow now (although honestly there isn't a whole lot of change). I actually prefer yellow as a color to gold, although the idea of "purple and yellow" is odd to me.

24 minutes ago, colortv said:

What on Earth were they thinking..

Screen_Shot_2018_07_31_at_8_42_24_PM.png

For those of you who wanted side panels, be careful what you ask for.

God , whatever happened to Champion, Ripon and even Rawlings. Nike's just going to get the money grab from this monstrosity (because of the casual, gotta match my clothes fans) and switch the panels out. They re just taking a page out the the NHL Reebok book. Hey, Give Majestic a shot,  the only bad or questionable unis in MLB are the Brewers,Dbacks and Padres. Look it up. The Padres will be back in brown and all will be right in the world, except for the panel on the Lakers jersey.

@colortv absolutely right - that 2k pic looks amazing but that black panel is just . . . 

Usually Nike gives a little schpeel about why each and every little design aspect has meaning. Did they give one for the black side panel? “To represent the darkness of the souls of the people of Los Angeles”? 

Oh no everyone, I found a spiel and it’s quite spiel-ly:

The Nike uniforms have been created using NikeConnect technology. Each adult-sized Nike NBA Connected Jersey will have an embedded NFC (near field communication) chip that will launch real-time team and player content such as pregame arrival footage, highlight packages and top players’ favorite music playlists – all on the jersey owner’s mobile device. Throughout the season, a wealth of exclusive offers and experiences will bring fans closer to the game they love.

After downloading the NikeConnect app, fans can tap their phone on the tag at the bottom of the jersey to unlock the full Nike Connect experience based on the player whose jersey has been tapped.

The uniforms are comprised of recycled PET bottles, a combination of Alpha Yarns and recycled polyester (each uniform represents approximately 20 recycled bottles). This modernized, sweat-wicking, sustainable design has a vastly improved fit with altered construction and hemlines on the shoulder, along with the bottom of both the jersey and shorts allowing for a full range of motion”

3 hours ago, Beer Barrel Man said:

I'm confused as hell about that black side panel. Was it just for LeBron because he's obsessed with black jerseys or something?

Stupid Nike always f-ing it up. 

These redesigns are done several years in advance so there is no way the Lakers would have done these with LeBron in mind. They went with black because BFBS. 

Archived