Lakers Officially Unveil New Uniforms for 2018-19

TJSC

13 hours ago, sayahh said:

Does this mean that the same template will also be used by Dallas, Miami and Detroit?

I hope not. It seems I’m in the minority but I’ve always liked that cut/style better than crew neck. My inclination would be no, especially since Golden State also uses that cut since Nike ended the wishbone collars last year.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn’t the nba store accidentally sell lebron jerseys to the public already but the league halted it cause he’s not “officially” a laker? Wonder if it was the soon-to-be old jersey (which he never wore) or the “new” one?

KISSwall09.jpg

10 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Yeah the logo is classic, but just because a logo is "classic" doesn't mean it shouldn't undergo some changes.

Even my Montreal Canadiens dusted their timeless CH crest several times, when they really needed to...

6381.gif   1674941923.gif   si34dm1f9jex9eoexq9l1svqk.gif   124.gif

11 hours ago, d11king said:

•The announcement of the uniforms and rebranding are seemingly “out of nowhere” and possibly could’ve remained hidden or silent from the masses but because of such short notice, it almost seems as if it would make sense to go back to said template simply because you already know what to do. Those jerseys are still being created and sold, so there’s really no major “redesign” that anyone would have to do. 

•The Lakers previous City uniform is a slight rendition of the Showtime uniform. The shorts feature a single striping pattern with 16 stars to represent the championships LA has won, and also the Black Mamba material are the only differences. 

•Magic Johnson is literally trying to bring back Showtime... with Lonzo, Lebron, Kuzma, Rondo, BI and a bunch of :censored:s on the court, it’s literallt happening in front of our eyes.

Agree.  With such short notice, I find it highly unlikely it's a full redesign (e.g. the 2000 Lakers redesign).  It would've been leaked that a full redesign was coming.  My prediction:

• Current template with a reversion back to the proper gold and some other slight tweak (new collar or new template)
  • OR
  • An updated version of showtime similar to this year's City Uniform

They really didn't maximize the profit potential with this though.  Stick with the same uniform this year since a lot of people will buy LeBron's jersey, then next year do the redesign.

LAKERS | BRONCOS | GOLDEN BEARS | PAC-12 FOOTBALL

LA Lakers Announce New Uniforms Coming This Month

July 7, 2018 - 19:45 PM

The Los Angeles Lakers are going to look a little different on the court this season, and it’s not just because they signed Rajon Rondo (and, I guess, that other guy) Via a Tweet from WKYC NBC Cleveland digital producer […]

Read More...

9 minutes ago, SportsLogos.Net News said:

LA-Lakers-Logo.png

The Los Angeles Lakers are going to look a little different on the court this season, and it’s not just because they signed Rajon Rondo (and, I guess, that other guy) Via a Tweet from WKYC NBC Cleveland digital producer […]

Read More...

I'm a bit dubious. Those concepts are pretty dramatic changes. How do we know it isn't just a color and tweak. Remember people complaining about Nike not getting the gold on the jersey right last year. Plus haven't they been using that number font on the practice jerseys a few years now.

3 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

Even my Montreal Canadiens dusted their timeless CH crest several times, when they really needed to...

6381.gif   1674941923.gif   si34dm1f9jex9eoexq9l1svqk.gif   124.gif

That last one was a mistake, IMHO.  An example of not knowing when to stop tweaking.   The C looks so much better when the ends don’t overlap. 

2 hours ago, SportsLogos.Net News said:

LA-Lakers-Logo.png

Read More...

First of all, great mockups! I’m reeeeeeeeeaaaaallllllyyyyyy hoping its that bottom left 2nd jersey without the striping. The white and purple color with the purple numbers and white shadow! That’s a literal updated modern look, and hopefully the shorts would still have the striping. 

Part of me also feels like this is the direction theyre going too, as I’m sure they’ve been studying the fan base and their reactions. I really wish I knew how to upload pictures but a well known Laker website (silverscreenandroll.com) recently posted two pictures with Lebron and Kuzma in showtime uniforms... Kuz also said he thinks it would be dope if they hooped in those. 

The towel with Lebron in the white showtime also makes me wonder... something we may not really look at or notice and think it’s just a photoshop, might actually be a subliminal hint. 

Im really getting hyped! If they can go back to the right gold, I’m gonna have to go to 43 Laker games this season!

14 minutes ago, d11king said:

Seeiously. How do you upload attachments here, I’m getting mad frustrated trying from my phone

Gotta copy the url of the image and enter it after clicking the “insert other media” button

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

On 7/6/2018 at 1:49 PM, habsfan1 said:

However.....this time, they really, really need to clean up their primary logo...

2000px-Los_Angeles_Lakers_logo.svg.png

It needs an update more than their uniforms do...

Absolutely.  They updated the purple back in 2001 so I don't see why it's seen as some untouchable classic.  The 'Los Angeles' is in desperate need of some kerning and the S's need to be properly aligned to the baseline.  Get rid of the black too.

Archived