Lakers Officially Unveil New Uniforms for 2018-19

TJSC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Lakers are debuting their new look tonight on ESPN...and they look incredible. It's a real shame they farted on the purple set, because the basic gold uniforms are just about perfect. And maybe it's the San Diego lighting, but hey don't look nearly as highlighter yellow as the previous photos have led to believe.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

27 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

The Lakers are debuting their new look tonight on ESPN...and they look incredible. It's a real shame they farted on the purple set, because the basic gold uniforms are just about perfect. And maybe it's the San Diego lighting, but hey don't look nearly as highlighter yellow as the previous photos have led to believe.

Disagree. These fauxbacks are far inferior to their last set. The yellow to way off. As for the purple jersey, hopefully they barely wear them this year and change them for next season.

Hopefully the city jersey this year is good. 

3 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

Unpopular opinion: I don’t mind that yellow.

I don't really mind it either but it still weirds me out.

What i do mine is the black side panels on the purple uniform. If they wanted to mess around then they shouldn't have done it on an already established look.

bSLCtu2.png

1 hour ago, Old School Fool said:

I don't really mind it either but it still weirds me out.

What i do mine is the black side panels on the purple uniform. If they wanted to mess around then they shouldn't have done it on an already established look.

Full agreement. They ruined the purple uniform. Hopefully the City one is also purple and an improvement over that atrocity 

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

I think they're trying to do a dual throwback thing with this set -- the yellow the classic Showtime, the purple is the Kobe/Shaq era, both tweaked a little so as not to be strictly throwbacks. It's an interesting idea, but I don't really like it. (And the purple jersey is probably doomed in some way or another as long as it's treated as a third jersey and not a second one, per Nike's rigid branding system.)

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Archived