Lakers Officially Unveil New Uniforms for 2018-19

TJSC

1 hour ago, Tracy MidGrady said:

So what if they are the Lakers, basketball isn't a traditionalist sport

I don’t see what that has to do with anything. The Lakers have one of the strongest brands in all of sports. 

These changes dilute that. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Tracy MidGrady said:

Because having alternate jerseys, good or bad in basketball is more common, Lakers having a weird one means nothing, they're still the Lakers

I would agree with you if the Lakers hadn’t :censored: ed up their standard purple uniforms with black side panels. 

On 10/6/2018 at 3:04 AM, Ice_Cap said:

Nike. Stop. It's the Lakers. The Lakers. Stop. It's disgusting.

And the Lakers should know better.  Nike might be the ones pushing the boundaries of good taste for not only the Lakers, but other teams, but it's hard to believe that the teams can't say no if they don't like a particular design.  Is Nike even the ones coming up with all these designs or are some teams using their own people?  I agree with you that the Lakers should look like the Lakers.  But, that's already been screwed up with the purple jersey.  

The Lakers are one of those teams that need to look like themselves all the time.  They're a legendary franchise - maybe not the Yankees, but pretty damned close - and the kid that gets to go to one game should see them in their gold or purple.  He should remember that he saw the Los Angeles Lakers - the same team (and mostly the same uniform) that Kareem, Magic, and Vlade Divac played for.  It makes it less special when they're in dumb one-off unis.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

The Lakers are one of those teams that need to look like themselves all the time.  They're a legendary franchise - maybe not the Yankees, but pretty damned close - and the kid that gets to go to one game should see them in their gold or purple.  He should remember that he saw the Los Angeles Lakers - the same team (and mostly the same uniform) that Kareem, Magic, and Vlade Divac played for.  It makes it less special when they're in dumb one-off unis.

2hn2yjc.jpg

Jaguars

1 hour ago, Teal said:

2hn2yjc.jpg

You do know how that movie ended, right?

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

14 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Kareem, Magic and........Vlade Divac? lol Vlade was good, but not quite the same as Kareem and Magic.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Kareem, Magic and........Vlade Divac? lol Vlade was good, but not quite the same as Kareem and Magic.

But, if it wasn't for Vlade there'd be no Kobe. So a legend by association.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

5 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Source?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Cross-listed from the NBA Changes 2018-19.

2 hours ago, kimball said:

Since I have too much time on my hands, I thought I'd break down the Lakers' jerseys for 2018-19.

Home

Association (White) - 9 times

Icon (Gold) - 15 times

Statement (Purple) - 8 times

City (Pinstripe) - 9 times

Road

Association (White) - 0 times

Icon (Gold) - 26 times

Statement (Purple) - 12 times

City (Pinstripe) - 3 times

Total Games

Association (White) - 9 times

Icon (Gold) - 41 times

Statement (Purple) - 20 times

City (Pinstripe) - 12 times

So, yeah, we're going to be seeing the Lakers' gold jerseys for half of the season ... but, 11 more times on the road than at home! Let's just all grab our pitchforks and head down to the Staples Center.

SIDE NOTE: Both Celtics-Lakers games are Green vs. Gold.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Not to say that "Lakers as purple team at home" would surprise me anymore, but I'm also not ready to put a ton of stock in the entire season's uniform schedule at this point. Spotted an apparent white vs. white game very quickly, for example.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

1 hour ago, Digby said:

Not to say that "Lakers as purple team at home" would surprise me anymore, but I'm also not ready to put a ton of stock in the entire season's uniform schedule at this point. Spotted an apparent white vs. white game very quickly, for example.

That’s probably because all of the City and Earned sets are shown as white now so as not to give away the actual color of each unreleased uniform. They’re a little late on that though since @caseyvitelli was able to uncover the colors of all of the City and Earned sets last week.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived