Lakers Officially Unveil New Uniforms for 2018-19

TJSC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Did you forget how that one ended too?

It's like he knows you're right.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Its a gif. I honestly couldn't give a rats how the movie ends. I don't get called a troll anymore because my information is slowly proving true yet you guys still feel a need to have a dig at me.

It's honestly sickening.

Jaguars

52 minutes ago, Teal said:

Its a gif. I honestly couldn't give a rats how the movie ends. I don't get called a troll anymore because my information is slowly proving true yet you guys still feel a need to have a dig at me.

It's honestly sickening.

I'm not calling you a troll. Or implying your info is bad in any way. I'm not trying to have a dig at you.

I'm just saying that these Lakers alternates look bad, and it's a mistake to mess with a classic look like this.

Maybe if more than 16 of your 1,793 posts added anything, people wouldn't give you a hard time.  I find it funny that the guy that couldn't get any info on his own team's unveiling (and spammed the thread with "anyone know anything?") now thinks he's a big shot because he got some info.  Nobody cares man.  Nobody cares.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

23 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

I'm not calling you a troll. Or implying your info is bad in any way. I'm not trying to have a dig at you.

I'm just saying that these Lakers alternates look bad, and it's a mistake to mess with a classic look like this.

I respect your opinion. I'm just over the personal digs at me.

Jaguars

24 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Maybe if more than 16 of your 1,793 posts added anything, people wouldn't give you a hard time.  I find it funny that the guy that couldn't get any info on his own team's unveiling (and spammed the thread with "anyone know anything?") now thinks he's a big shot because he got some info.  Nobody cares man.  Nobody cares.

You care enough to comment. Just put me on ignore. Im over your BS to me and your constant personal jabs. Just stop it.

Jaguars

2 minutes ago, Teal said:

I respect your opinion. I'm just over the personal digs at me.

That's understandable.

And to the uniforms at hand? I mostly do agree with BBTV, that the Lakers should have an iconic look you can count on seeing every night. That being said? I also get that this isn't tenable in the modern NBA.

I would be ok with the Lakers going crazy with a purple jersey with black pinstripes and wordmarks if the three primary unis (standard purple, gold, and white) retained the classic look. They ruined the standard purple with black side panels though, and it makes this new alternate worse in that context.

7 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

And to the uniforms at hand? I mostly do agree with BBTV, that the Lakers should have an iconic look you can count on seeing every night. That being said? I also get that this isn't tenable in the modern NBA.

I’m not sure why that should be.  

In fact, lifting the “home and road” designation ought to give the Lakers more leeway to wear their classic gold uniform. 

They shoukd adopt the soccer model, and wear their primary uniform for every match unless and until a clash with the home team forces them into an alternate. 

Now, maybe that’s not allowed under NBA rules.  But the Lakers should be pushing those rules right to the breaking point. 

I’d love to see the deal with Nike just to know if it has language that dictates the number of uniforms each team has to have and how often each gets worn. I’ve always blamed the teams in these situations, and will continue to do so unless they’re being forced - in which case I blame the league. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

22 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I’d love to see the deal with Nike just to know if it has language that dictates the number of uniforms each team has to have and how often each gets worn. I’ve always blamed the teams in these situations, and will continue to do so unless they’re being forced - in which case I blame the league. 

I recall hearing that the NBA had a hand in the uniform scheduling last season and it explains alot.

bSLCtu2.png

8 minutes ago, LMU said:

The problem with all of these "doesn't work in today's NBA" theories... the Celtics managed to not throw random colors on their two primary uniforms.

Except they've have black and grey alternates for years. The Bulls had green alternates; so did the Knicks.

The NBA loves pissing on its brand and it shouldn't surprise us anymore. Those light purple Lakers sets may look night in isolation, but we're all going to be wondering what was so bad about gold at home, forum blue on the road and white on Sundays. And the answer to that question is still I don't know?

Nike will make its money anyway. Why do teams have to look stupid?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

14 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Except they've have black and grey alternates for years. The Bulls had green alternates; so did the Knicks.

The NBA loves pissing on its brand and it shouldn't surprise us anymore. Those light purple Lakers sets may look night in isolation, but we're all going to be wondering what was so bad about gold at home, forum blue on the road and white on Sundays. And the answer to that question is still I don't know?

Key word: alternates.

The Knicks and Celtics went through the Nike transformation without having drastic changes forced upon them.  The Celtics weren't forced to use its green/black alt as one option then have a green and gold shamrock-sublimated third option.

The Lakers could have had the purple/black side panels as an alternate like last year's Mamba jersey but no, Nike could only stomach them having one classic look and the overused white jersey.  They were already redesigning everything.  Sales wouldn't have been hurt because someone's new LeBron jersey didn't have black on it.

VmWIn6B.png

1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

When I try to pinpoint the beginning of this madness, I look further than this monstrosity ...

chris-paul-of-the-new-orleansoklahoma-ci 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Hot take: about those "OKC Hornets uniforms, did anyone else think it was really insulting that they took New Orleans off the uniform that year?  The team was still the New Orleans Hornets.  OKC merely sheltered them for a bit while they went through some tough times.  That'd be like crashing at your friends house in high school while your family is going through some traumatic time, and then the friend's family makes you take up their last name while you're there.

That's part of what irks me about OKC Thunder.. . They just seemed like Artie Ziff handsy trying to get an eventual team.  There you go it worked, you got one.  Now leave us all alone.

(sorry to go off topic)

90758391980.gif

9 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Hot take: about those "OKC Hornets uniforms, did anyone else think it was really insulting that they took New Orleans off the uniform that year?  The team was still the New Orleans Hornets.  OKC merely sheltered them for a bit while they went through some tough times.  That'd be like crashing at your friends house in high school while your family is going through some traumatic time, and then the friend's family makes you take up their last name while you're there.

That's part of what irks me about OKC Thunder.. . They just seemed like Artie Ziff handsy trying to get an eventual team.  There you go it worked, you got one.  Now leave us all alone.

(sorry to go off topic)

That's incorrect.

They were officially the New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets for two seasons, like the Kansas City/Omaha Kings.

VmWIn6B.png

The Lakers City jersey looks like it will be awful, but we shall see.

Also, UP time: I don't think the Lakers using Black is a bad thing. It's how they are using it.... the random black stripe on the purple jersey is so out of place. Yet if this city jersey was like this fashion jersey Kobe wore for Slam.... 

kobetrophies.jpg

Now this would be cool IMO. It's BFBS, but it also looks nice. 

Also, EDIT for another UP: That Red Hornets jersey is actually pretty IMO. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

Archived