Lakers Officially Unveil New Uniforms for 2018-19

TJSC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, TJSC said:

Leaked.

If it had the regular jersey wordmark on it it would be a lot better. 

Still not sure how it's a tribute to Magic-era Lakers.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

24 minutes ago, hendocfc said:

This is rather terrible but:

Orlando MAGIC wear pinstripes.

The player honoured is MAGIC Johnson.

Get it? No? I'll find the exit myself,thank you...

But, he never played for Orlando, so that argument goes out the window. 

ExJworW.png

This is just disgusting.

I'm trying to imagine what my reaction would be if Adidas did this to the Leafs. I don't think I could remain calm talking about it.

I'm sorry Nike had to ruin half of your team's uniforms, Lakers fans :(

29 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

But, he never played for Orlando, so that argument goes out the window. 

He did however return from retirement just to play in the 1992 All-Star Game which took place in Orlando. Not justifying it, but I'm just saying there's a weird coincidence here.

I definitely don't like this jersey as much as the Black Mamba jersey but I'm also not mad at it because as stated before in this thread by me and several others it's just an alternate.

This City stuff isn't so bad, I mean seriously, think about what was worn in the past....

la-xmas-3-675x380.jpg

bSLCtu2.png

On 9/25/2018 at 4:43 AM, truepg said:

6OnoRf0.jpg

Rejoice, everyone. Lakers have fixed the '9' numeral and made it similar to number 6.

I noticed that. I'm glad it was fixed. Even though it made the 9 unique, it just always looked wrong to me having the inner portion rounded off.

46 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

This City stuff isn't so bad, I mean seriously, think about what was worn in the past....

That’s a terrible argument. 

The existence of bad uniforms in the past does not mitigate the existence of bad uniforms in the present.  Each uniform needs to be judged solely on its own merits, and on that basis the City stuff is pretty :censored:ing bad. 

1 hour ago, Ice_Cap said:

I'm sorry the NBA and team ownership Nike had to ruin half of your team's uniforms, Lakers fans :(

It would be better if the colors were reversed (black base, purple stripes) and the "Los Angeles" was removed.  It's one of the most unnecessary things I can recall seeing in any uniform - I'm really struggling to come up with a comparison.

I really need to see that contract.  @dfwabel - get on it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

7 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

It would be better if the colors were reversed (black base, purple stripes) and the "Los Angeles" was removed.  It's one of the most unnecessary things I can recall seeing in any uniform - I'm really struggling to come up with a comparison.

I totally agree with this. The jersey should have been black with purple pinstripes. It would've been pretty cool but instead they had to make another purple jersey.

bSLCtu2.png

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

As unnecessary as when Philadelphia was shoehorned into this abomination

46211.jpg

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

13 minutes ago, MackAttack said:

Why does Nike get ALL the blame for uniform designs? The teams are a part of the process too

Because at least Adidas had the good sense to not ruin the base uniforms of classic teams.

People would like the Lakers Magic jersey more if the traditional road purple hadn't been ruined. And Nike's the one who put that black stripe on the side for reasons no one will or should ever understand.

On the other hand, the Cavs won a title in basically their worst look ever, so maybe that means good things for the Lakers this year.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

11 hours ago, kimball said:

Exactly, which you'd think for a jersey honoring Magic it should be more 80's-ish, no?

Excatly, ok Magic played few games in 90's, but he is mostly a guy from 80's.

BTW these pinstripes are made from "3X5XSHOWTIME" text, which is of course a references to Earvin's 3xMVP and 5xChampion.

4r2eer.png

Archived