Lakers Officially Unveil New Uniforms for 2018-19

TJSC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

I'll take adidas and the sleeved jerseys over pretty much everything Nike has done.

Well, that's definitely an unpopular opinion ...

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

2 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Btw now I noticed that, if this a Magic jersey, why they didn't use this wordmark?:

ovhe45u2vol6qvkkuesdtfmh9.gif

Because that's not *insert fire emoji*, fam.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

20 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Btw now I noticed that, if this a Magic jersey, why they didn't use this wordmark?:

I don't care how classic it might have been, that has always been a terrible wordmark. The L looks like it's stabbing the A, and the S is angled oddly relative to other letters and isn't really attached. The present wordmark is so much cleaner and better.

2 hours ago, Quillz said:

I don't care how classic it might have been, that has always been a terrible wordmark. The L looks like it's stabbing the A, and the S is angled oddly relative to other letters and isn't really attached. The present wordmark is so much cleaner and better.

...also cuz it's not fire, right fam? 

On 10/16/2018 at 6:08 AM, Ice_Cap said:

vXVyTwd.png

Totally expecting this for Kareem’s. ‘The sky of the LA sunset is an homage to Kareem’s signature skyhook. The color orange is also symbolic of a basketball, which is the ball Kareem used during his career as a Laker’

07Giants.pngnyy.png

1 hour ago, anythinglogos said:

Totally expecting this for Kareem’s. ‘The sky of the LA sunset is an homage to Kareem’s signature skyhook. The color orange is also symbolic of a basketball, which is the ball Kareem used during his career as a Laker’

Nike will give you a bronze goldish  jersey, with purple numbers and word mark, and add a captain patch for Lebron, in honor of Kareem. (The bronze paying homage to the “golden era” of basketball Kareem played in)

something silly like that

On 10/16/2018 at 8:31 AM, kimball said:

Well, that's definitely an unpopular opinion ...

Yeah I'm ok with that. Everyone wants to give :censored: to adidas for the sleeve jerseys, which I didn't like either. But adidas didnt force a template that changed the look of all teams. They always didnt force this nike locker statement city blah blah crap. 

You had home , road, and alternates. Regardless if a team chose to wear an alt at home or on the road more so than the standard , it was still a teams decision to what they wore. 

Now teams are forced to wear a uniform based on a schedule. Lakers should never have been forced to wear yellow on the road, especially against a white jersey team. 

On 10/16/2018 at 9:16 AM, pepis21 said:

Because it sucks compared to the current one and it should stay on the uniform that it was on. The one on the Practice jersey is what they should be using too.

bSLCtu2.png

23 hours ago, anythinglogos said:

“And if those references are too obscure, don’t worry! We put ‘33’ on the waistband”

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

On 10/18/2018 at 7:33 AM, Old School Fool said:

Because it sucks compared to the current one and it should stay on the uniform that it was on. The one on the Practice jersey is what they should be using too.

Sucks or not (Current is better that's a fact) this is the wordmark that been on Magic jersey throughout his career.

4r2eer.png

On 10/17/2018 at 11:55 PM, 63Bulldogs63 said:

Yeah I'm ok with that. Everyone wants to give :censored: to adidas for the sleeve jerseys, which I didn't like either. But adidas didnt force a template that changed the look of all teams. They always didnt force this nike locker statement city blah blah crap. 

You had home , road, and alternates. Regardless if a team chose to wear an alt at home or on the road more so than the standard , it was still a teams decision to what they wore. 

Now teams are forced to wear a uniform based on a schedule. Lakers should never have been forced to wear yellow on the road, especially against a white jersey team. 

I don't believe Nike forces teams to wear certain uniforms, i think they work with the teams to create the schedule and enforce it, but aren't making the decisions for the teams. 

2 hours ago, shaydre1019 said:

I don't believe Nike forces teams to wear certain uniforms, i think they work with the teams to create the schedule and enforce it, but aren't making the decisions for the teams. 

You're right - the NBA has to share equal blame with Nike, for agreeing to the uniform schedule. 

Archived