TJSC

Lakers Officially Unveil New Uniforms for 2018-19

Recommended Posts

On 10/14/2018 at 4:28 PM, kimball said:

 

I actually always loved those jerseys, except for these renditions ...

 

kobe-sleeves-2.jpg

 

#DeathToSleevedJerseys

 

I'll take adidas and the sleeved jerseys over pretty much everything Nike has done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

I'll take adidas and the sleeved jerseys over pretty much everything Nike has done.

 

Well, that's definitely an unpopular opinion ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^Yeah, no kidding. Some of what Nike has done has been pretty silly, but none of it compares to the sleeve garbage that Adidas pushed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Btw now I noticed that, if this a Magic jersey, why they didn't use this wordmark?:

ovhe45u2vol6qvkkuesdtfmh9.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Btw now I noticed that, if this a Magic jersey, why they didn't use this wordmark?:

ovhe45u2vol6qvkkuesdtfmh9.gif

 

Because that's not *insert fire emoji*, fam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Btw now I noticed that, if this a Magic jersey, why they didn't use this wordmark?:

ovhe45u2vol6qvkkuesdtfmh9.gif

I don't care how classic it might have been, that has always been a terrible wordmark. The L looks like it's stabbing the A, and the S is angled oddly relative to other letters and isn't really attached. The present wordmark is so much cleaner and better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

 

Because that's not *insert fire emoji*, fam.

 

stanley_zps871c290f.gif~c200

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Quillz said:

I don't care how classic it might have been, that has always been a terrible wordmark. The L looks like it's stabbing the A, and the S is angled oddly relative to other letters and isn't really attached. The present wordmark is so much cleaner and better.

...also cuz it's not fire, right fam? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2018 at 6:08 AM, Ice_Cap said:

 

vXVyTwd.png

Totally expecting this for Kareem’s. ‘The sky of the LA sunset is an homage to Kareem’s signature skyhook. The color orange is also symbolic of a basketball, which is the ball Kareem used during his career as a Laker’

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, anythinglogos said:

Totally expecting this for Kareem’s. ‘The sky of the LA sunset is an homage to Kareem’s signature skyhook. The color orange is also symbolic of a basketball, which is the ball Kareem used during his career as a Laker’

 

Nike will give you a bronze goldish  jersey, with purple numbers and word mark, and add a captain patch for Lebron, in honor of Kareem. (The bronze paying homage to the “golden era” of basketball Kareem played in)

 

something silly like that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2018 at 8:31 AM, kimball said:

 

Well, that's definitely an unpopular opinion ...

 

Yeah I'm ok with that. Everyone wants to give :censored: to adidas for the sleeve jerseys, which I didn't like either. But adidas didnt force a template that changed the look of all teams. They always didnt force this nike locker statement city blah blah crap. 

 

You had home , road, and alternates. Regardless if a team chose to wear an alt at home or on the road more so than the standard , it was still a teams decision to what they wore. 

 

Now teams are forced to wear a uniform based on a schedule. Lakers should never have been forced to wear yellow on the road, especially against a white jersey team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2018 at 9:16 AM, pepis21 said:

Btw now I noticed that, if this a Magic jersey, why they didn't use this wordmark?:

ovhe45u2vol6qvkkuesdtfmh9.gif

 

Because it sucks compared to the current one and it should stay on the uniform that it was on. The one on the Practice jersey is what they should be using too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, anythinglogos said:

Totally expecting this for Kareem’s. ‘The sky of the LA sunset is an homage to Kareem’s signature skyhook. The color orange is also symbolic of a basketball, which is the ball Kareem used during his career as a Laker’

 

“And if those references are too obscure, don’t worry! We put ‘33’ on the waistband”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2018 at 7:33 AM, Old School Fool said:

Because it sucks compared to the current one and it should stay on the uniform that it was on. The one on the Practice jersey is what they should be using too.

 

Sucks or not (Current is better that's a fact) this is the wordmark that been on Magic jersey throughout his career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exactly.  If they really wanted to make a “Magic tribute” uniform, that wordmark would have been a good place to start. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2018 at 11:55 PM, 63Bulldogs63 said:

 

Yeah I'm ok with that. Everyone wants to give :censored: to adidas for the sleeve jerseys, which I didn't like either. But adidas didnt force a template that changed the look of all teams. They always didnt force this nike locker statement city blah blah crap. 

 

You had home , road, and alternates. Regardless if a team chose to wear an alt at home or on the road more so than the standard , it was still a teams decision to what they wore. 

 

Now teams are forced to wear a uniform based on a schedule. Lakers should never have been forced to wear yellow on the road, especially against a white jersey team. 

 

I don't believe Nike forces teams to wear certain uniforms, i think they work with the teams to create the schedule and enforce it, but aren't making the decisions for the teams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shaydre1019 said:

I don't believe Nike forces teams to wear certain uniforms, i think they work with the teams to create the schedule and enforce it, but aren't making the decisions for the teams. 

 

You're right - the NBA has to share equal blame with Nike, for agreeing to the uniform schedule. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2018 at 8:05 AM, threesox84 said:

...also cuz it's not fire, right fam? 

I don't know what that means.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, colortv said:

Maybe my eyes are deceiving me but the uniforms look like Lakers gold tonight.

Still look like bananas to me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now