Lakers Officially Unveil New Uniforms for 2018-19

TJSC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ Statement Edition is the purple one, lol.

And yea, as for the 2017 City Edition influence, that is the the rounded 3-line collars and the drop shadows on the numbers. It does seem like the drop shadow will be slighter on these new unis than the stronger drop shadow on the 2017 City Edition unis. We'll see.

10 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

^ Statement Edition is the purple one, lol.

And yea, as for the 2017 City Edition influence, that is the the rounded 3-line collars and the drop shadows on the numbers. It does seem like the drop shadow will be slighter on these new unis than the stronger drop shadow on the 2017 City Edition unis. We'll see.

This is where they messed up tradition... Lakers home uniform is the gold one, and that should be the Association, not the white one... the Icon edition should be the purple one, when I think of the Lakers and how iconic they are, while the gold jersey is almost default, Magic Johnson hitting the Celtics with the baby hook, is what I think of most. The statement should be the white jersey, keep in mind, the white jersey didn’t come into existence until Chick Hearn died.. I really did enjoy being he only team without a white uniform. And to see the Lakers wearing the white jersey at any time other than on Sunday at Staples Center is downright disrespectful. 

22 hours ago, colortv said:

I love the yellow numbers. Reminds me of the Wilt-era Warriors:

Wilt-Chamberlain-Basketball-jersey-410.j

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

5 hours ago, Gothamite said:

All three.  Icon, Association, and whatever equally stupid name they came up with for the third uniforms. 

Ohh ok, so why would you buy a Lebron jersey in the old lakers look? 

Excellent!

Wait, okay, someone help me out here, because NBA jerseys have become way too damn confusing.

Last season, the Lakers had a gold jersey, a purple jersey, white jersey, the Black Mamba jersey, and the MPLS throwback. Is that correct?

If so, what jerseys are returning next year? Based on Lakers tradition, of course there will still be gold and purple. Based on that tradition, I would also assume the white returns in some forms. Is the Black Mamba jersey returning? Is the MPLS jersey returning? Are all the jerseys getting this redesign? Do we actually know anything for sure?

GOLD: YES

PURPLE: YES

WHITE: YES?

BLACK: ?

MPLS: ?

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

22 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

^ Both the black unis and MPLS unis won't be back for this upcoming season. They'll only have one additional (City Edition) uniform to the 3 that we'll be seeing unveiled at the end of the month

Okay. Thanks.

Shame. I wanted to get a LeBron Black Mamba jersey as a sort of best of both worlds. But I'm a stickler for the player whose name is on the jersey to have actually played in that jersey. (i.e. sure, you could get Magic Johnson on a current jersey. It's gold and purple and says Lakers, but you'd be wrong.)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

1 hour ago, Conrad. said:

^ Both the black unis and MPLS unis won't be back for this upcoming season. They'll only have one additional (City Edition) uniform to the 3 that we'll be seeing unveiled at the end of the month

Isn't every team also getting some kind of team-unique Christmas jersey as well?

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, insert name said:

I just want the Lakers wearing Yellow at home and Purple away again. 

So does everyone else. Which is why it'll happen like four times next season.

I don't think I'm quite ready for my nightly annoyance with Nike's uniform choices.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

5 minutes ago, rickyISking said:

Getting rid of the side panel is a huge upgrade. It goes against tradition, but I like it. 

No it doesnt, the only set with side panels was the Kobe/Shaq era

Archived