BrandMooreArt

im hoping when the Jets roll out new unis next year, there wont be any drastic changes. i think they have a great foundation and need to take the same approach as the Lions and Vikings; just put a new spin on the classic.

i'd love to see them adopt a new green that isn't Kelly Green. it's a little too expected, so my choice is "Bright Emerald" which is a name i totally just made up, but at least its unique in the NFL. 

i think the solve for some of these shoulder stripe issues they have now is to move it all down the sleeve. it's important that the contrast areas are bold and impactful, so i would expand that stripe element outside the shoulder seams just a little (think of the Browns or Seahawks stripe technique). finally, have to make the NY-oval the primary logo. large, bold shapes fit this design much better than the overly detailed logo they have now.

j8sx1z8.jpgWdaRppx.jpg

i always like to think of the alternates when making new uniform decisions too. considering the leagues 1 helmet rule, any alternate would have to work with a white shell. i didn't want to add a black or gray jersey or anything too out of character here, so my alternate option is a throwback. the 1963 uniform gives people something they haven't seen in a long time and provides a darker green jersey option that fans would be more accustomed to.

thjtVb4.jpgpeK1DRF.jpg

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

22 minutes ago, TRVITMVNZ said:

Id personally don't like the NY logo especially with the Giants embracing it already. Id like to see them keep the green oval but the jets script with the Jet over it in the oval 

thats a good point. if the Jets were to use an NY monogram it might need one more “thing” added to it, something that clearly can be ownable by the Jets. i dont think thats the script though, im not a fan of that at all. just always felt a bit cheesy to me

GRAPHIC ARTIST

1 hour ago, BrandMooreArt said:

i think that would be too similar to the Colts.

here's a green pants option and color swatches of other teams to compare.

SfxqCEb.png

prJaYUL.png

I love - LOVE - the color, but I'd like it better if it were the helmet color and also had the 1978-97 script on it. Heck, that script in green on a white helmet would be great too. I've just never liked the NY oval as much as the rest of this site evidently does.

A+ shoulder stripes and color. Although I understand the issue with the NY logo and the Giants, it makes sense for the scrappy blue-collar team to have the informal "NY Jets" and the giants, considered a high-class organization, to be "New York". Anyway, what about the current "Jets" word mark or the old italicized one with the plane?

I like it.  I could go either way on green vs white helmet.  I think their look is really with the white helmet, so I'd rather they'd stay white (but also because the Bills need to return to the red helmet, and save the kelly green helmet for eventual Eagles return), but the green would work for this concept as well (though it may be too close to 70's Eagles with the striping too).  What I don't want is just a return to the 80's uni and helmet.

i tried some green helmet options with this design and im not really a fan. when you pair it with the white jersey, its nice but with the green jersey it feels very top heavy. im not the biggest fan of green to start with so for me, thats just too much of a color i dont like :/

GRAPHIC ARTIST

I love this. You were going for white and green in the dark jersey right? Well whatever image effects you're using make the white look like a really light silver, and I'd have to say that I actually like that sooooo much better than if it was just white. It would give them a fresh upgrade in my opinion. Definitely that new green, and a light silver would be perfect for the Jets to make a statement that they're ready to be a relevant team in the league.

I think that although we have gotten used to the swoosh on the shoulders, the swoosh shouldn't be on the shoulders with stripes. Moving the stripes makes unnecessary clutter considering the cut of the jerseys don't have actual sleeves unless some players request it. If they even do request it.

Also, not a jets fan, but I am a fan of having a new shade of green that isn't kelly green.

And I say no to ovals on the helmet but perhaps a modern fighter jet on the helmet sides?

On 8/3/2018 at 6:42 PM, cwilz305 said:

I think that although we have gotten used to the swoosh on the shoulders, the swoosh shouldn't be on the shoulders with stripes. Moving the stripes makes unnecessary clutter considering the cut of the jerseys don't have actual sleeves unless some players request it. If they even do request it.

Also, not a jets fan, but I am a fan of having a new shade of green that isn't kelly green.

And I say no to ovals on the helmet but perhaps a modern fighter jet on the helmet sides?

agreed on the swoosh, thats about the last place i would put it. but when doing these things, i try to work with the rules im given, like swoosh location, 1 helmet rule, or knowing they will add patches on the chest

personally, i dont like being too literal with logos so, im not a fan of the Jets actually having a jet on the helmet. what makes the throwback work in that regard besides being noticably different from this primary concept, is the cheeseyness of it is more accepted because its a mid century design and only used as an alternate. i think in those instances you can be a bit less serious

but the oval really works well on the helmet too, especially with all of todays helmet designs and obstacles the logos have to work with. tou look at a team like the Vikings and they dont know what they’re supposed to do with that horn. an oval is probably the best shape you can apply to a helmet for consistant placement from player to player and also happens to be the shape they’ve carried for most of their history

GRAPHIC ARTIST

I love it! I much prefer the white helmet to a green helmet, so I'm a definite fan if that.

Like some others, I think I'd put an updated version of the "jet" logo on the helmets. The oval has never really lent itself well to a helmet logo (too detailed, too indistinguishable from a distance), and I'm not a big fan of wordmarks on a helmet. Having a jet on there fits the team's name perfectly, and would also provide an actual logo for the helmet (as opposed to a blob with overlappping writing, or just a wordmark). Could go with a better rendered version of the 1960s logo (much like the Orioles' revival of the cartoon bird), or go with a rendering of a fighter jet (though that may be too close to the Winnipeg Jets' logo). Given that the team's name was derived from the planes flying into and out of LaGuardia, I'd prefer a rendering of a jumbo jet, myself.

(Yes, I know that there aren't any jumbo jets flying into LaGuardia. But they play near Newark now, so there you go.)

Archived