neo_prankster

Driveball Redux (1958 Offseason)

56 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

Awesome. Would this be considered a winter or spring sport on the collegiate level?

I'd go with a spring (so that their season wouldn't conflict with football season).

18 hours ago, MBurmy said:

For NCAA Driveball, I think 1960 sounds like a perfect opening year.

Also, I have a plan to "phase it in," based on conference prestige at the time as well as 

AAWU (California, Stanford, UCLA, USC, Washington)

Big 8 (Colorado, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State)

Big Ten (Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Northwestern, Ohio State, Purdue, Wisconsin)

SEC (Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Tulane, Vanderbilt)

Southwest (Arkansas, Baylor, Rice, SMU, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech)

Eastern Driveball Conference (EDC-fictional, comprised of '60 independents with NDA or CDA teams in their cities) (Boston College, Boston University, Detroit, Houston, Marquette, Miami, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Villanova, Xavier)

The 1960 conferences, plus

ACC (Clemson, Duke, Maryland, North Carolina, NC State, South Carolina, Virginia, Wake Forest)

Skyline (BYU, Colorado State, Montana, New Mexico, Utah, Utah State, Wyoming)

After that we can see how it goes from there.

I can see this actually happening. Good job @MBurmy

I think the spring time would be better for College Driveball. Having it in the fall time would force them to compete against football.

Edited by Matthew24

The NDA will open committees for the following:

- Possible rule changes and modifications to field markings (aka the Rules Committee)

- A possible offseason tour of Ireland and the UK for 1962 (aka the International Committee)

- A possible farm system (aka the Developmental Committee)

Name: Danny Copeland

Age (Must be 18 or older): 44

Favorite NDA or CDA team (optional): NDA: Philadelphia Brawlers; CDA: New Jersey Rogues

• Rules: As of now, I prefer to keep the rules just the way it is.
  • Tour: I am strongly in favor of an offseason tour of the British Isles (Great Britain and Ireland). It would sure help to promote the sport in overseas markets.
  • Farm System: I am also greatly in favor of a developmental farm system for both the NDA and CDA. Having a farm system would help to develop future Driveball players, as well as to establish the sport in markets not currently served by an NDA or CDA franchise.