Non-sports logos that could be good sports logos?

stumpygremlin

kiev-ukraine-september-21-2016-260nw-490

BMW and Volkswagen's logos look like they could belong to a European soccer club.

Mercedes' logo sorta looks like a logo for a military academy's athletic teams

• Like 3

Hotter Than July > Thriller

On 7/31/2018 at 8:54 PM, stumpygremlin said:

I vaguely remember there being a thread about non-sports logos that would make for good sports logos. I can't find it on the search. Can someone link me to it?

It’s been a few years, but here you go:

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/79700-corporatecompany-logos-that-would-make-great-soccer-or-other-sport-logos/?tab=comments#comment-1522726

On 8/1/2018 at 10:32 AM, sc49erfan15 said:

Every time I see an 18-wheeler with this logo, I think about how it could really work as a sports logo:

0?e=2159024400&v=beta&t=AXJsPOuXJeQFL1DsSA06gGKNSQXYdEb4wi2UbmaW6Uo

I'll see your Knight (you're on my turf now!), and raise you a Stevens Transport:

family-logos-stv-1.png

This one I've also always liked, in a soccer-badge kind of way:

SLS_SEFL.png

Then of course, there's the outfit I started out with, with it's NASCAR-ish look and finish:

wnc5DS0-_400x400.jpg

Actually, there's a good number of trucking companies out there who really do value their branding-which I'll gladly take over the ones that straight-up ape existing sports logos. And it's a couple of them out there, one of the most egregious being...

southeastcarriers.jpg

ACSszfFWMh2fPeRvEyenmg7KEwOotqVGURz4_vay

17095708456_b736763f07_b.jpg

(How they've not been taken to task over this yet is beyond me. And there's another example out there even more egregious than this...)

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, Buc said:

I'll see your Knight (you're on my turf now!), and raise you a Stevens Transport:

I'll see those and add two companies my dad drove for at one point. I've never really thought of it, but quite a few of the trucking/transport logos would make good sports logos - football helmets, specifically. The logos on the deflector/air dam (the part above the windshield, for those wondering) often look similar to football helmet logos...

8f094b1fb3b1238c4001b9eac4402c2f--mack-trucks-old-trucks.jpg

1*kAHdJcW2a_wVaKHy7VA_qQ.jpeg

• Like 2

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

2 hours ago, sc49erfan15 said:

I'll see those and add two companies my dad drove for at one point. I've never really thought of it, but quite a few of the trucking/transport logos would make good sports logos - football helmets, specifically. The logos on the deflector/air dam (the part above the windshield, for those wondering) often look similar to football helmet logos...

8f094b1fb3b1238c4001b9eac4402c2f--mack-trucks-old-trucks.jpg

1*kAHdJcW2a_wVaKHy7VA_qQ.jpeg

It’s pretty dated looking today, but when I was a kid, I always thought the logo and color scheme from a company my Dad drove for would make a cool looking football helmet. I always wanted Interstate to sponsor my little league team so we could wear the colors and have the logo on our hats and jerseys. 

scan0070a.jpg

• Like 2

BB52Big.jpg