Seemed Like A Good Idea On Paper

AstroCree

7 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

The first thing I thought of is Washington's (NFL) yellow pants.  I like the maroon and gold/yellow scheme. and the idea of yellow pants sounded awesome.  But I really don't like it.  I prefer white pants with the maroon tops and vice versa.

The other one is that we lament to mismatched blues and silvers in the Cowboys uniform but every concept that fixes that looks kinda boring.  I think I am content with where the Cowboys are at.  I don't think syncing the blues and slivers would work as well as most people think.

These are probably both unpopular opinions.

I think the biggest reason for this is the Cowboys historically don't wear silver.. They wear blue and silver-blue (so, technically two blues).. Add the long-standing silver-green pants, and the silver-only concepts look bland and out of place.. A midway point between royal and navy, along with silver-blue would be the ideal fix for the 'boys

4 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

I just don’t see the N-star looking all that good in vintage white, and I can’t imagine the team deviating all that much from such an iconic logo (even though they did, because poor merchandise sales and the ‘90s). I could see them removing the drop shadow, however.

That's all I had in mind: going back to an earlier version and adding a serif on the bottom to make it a little sturdier. By thickening up the Yellowtail brush-script font and skewing it to the left, I came up with a script that looks like it might have been hand-painted on the sign of a summer camp up north or something.

t9E2nHA.jpg

The metallic gold would be used very sparingly. Basically the stars and that's it.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

11 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

The first thing that came to mind was Rutgers’ old Battle Scar helmets 

Unpopular opinion: I actually liked that set, stupid shoulder scuffs and all. usatsi_7512405.jpg?itok=GXFrqwsT&timesta

1 hour ago, WBeltz said:

Unpopular opinion: I actually liked that set, stupid shoulder scuffs and all. usatsi_7512405.jpg?itok=GXFrqwsT&timesta

I think if the jerseys didn't have the scuffs on the shoulders, it would have been a much better look. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived