Memphis Grizzlies Unveil New Logos and Uniforms

Memphis Grizzlies Unveil New Logos and Uniforms

August 2, 2018 - 23:09 PM

New logos, uniforms, colours, a court design, and yes, even an ad patch. It was a busy day for the Memphis Grizzlies who officially unveiled all of the above at a media event here tonight at the FedExForum in Memphis, […]

Read More...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At first glance, even the forced gimmicks on these work. Love seeing the split numbers return as well.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The updates to the logos and the court are really nice modernized touch-ups to the established look. But the uniforms are a miss for me. The two main ones are too overly simplistic and lose out on the nice detailing that the rest of the package has. They look like they’re the rec league Grizzlies. Not digging the big bear head on the shorts, either. The light blue is a bit better; the arched wordmark and collar trim makes a big difference.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

At least there are no black side panels for no reason.  They do look pretty good, though I don't like the lack of any trim on the arm holes.  I guess that's to counteract the weird arm hole design.  As a ex-Vancouver Grizzlies fan, I'm happy that there's a nod to them, whether that was done on purpose, or just sort of just happened.

Not bad at all. My only complaints are that there isn't any gold on the white uniforms, and they repeated the Kings' old dumb mistake of wearing the city name at home and the team name on the road instead of the other way around. The statement uniform is a nice callback to the Vancouver days, and I like that Nike brought back the inlined numbers.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

don't care for how small the city/team name (shouldn't those be swapped on the home and away?) and numbers are on the front, but i do like how big they are on the back.  i don't love the name being under the numbers, either. the 'asymmetry' is dumb, too.

all that said, it could've been worse and i like the inline in the #s.

These are really nice uniforms. They finally back to inline numbers and gives a nod to the past. Association and Icon to Memphis Sound and late Vancouver/early Memphis, Statement to Vancouver. I'm only not a fan of NOB below the numbers except Statement which has it above (last season it was reversed).

What about court, design looks very 70's (funky!), but put some color on it. Navy sidelines with light blue and yellow stripes might looks better. Big plus for parquet in vertically position. This is something that my hometown team use for years and I love it.

4r2eer.png

Oh my - guys I really like these. Quirky collars and piping and all. The logo simplification is “meh” but i like the return of the number and letter font on the jerseys (something that was lost a while back due to technical restrictions, if I remember correctly?). 

Theres a lot of things I love about their new uniforms. I love their ideas. I love using their city abbreviation for the hem of the shorts and the collar of their third jerseys. I love the striping on the sides of the jerseys. Its way more fun and creative than what they had before. But i feel like the colors blend too mich together especially is the blues. Definitely need a bit more contrast there. The wordmark and numbers are way too small. I dislike nameplates under the numbers. The shorts on the statement uniforms feel too unbalanced.

overall better than what they had.

Archived