Austin Bold FC

Louis

37 minutes ago, Louis said:

A third-tier soccer team based in Austin has just been announced.

They will play in the USL Division III (third tier) from 2019.

This is their logo.

DjryMBcW0AAnOds.jpg

https://twitter.com/austinboldfc

I believe they will be USL Division I, per the Austin Statesman. 

https://www.mystatesman.com/sports/soccer/austin-bold-add-brazilian-flavor-usl-2019/Ba2CFBbg4qfxWnI0mz5c4H/

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

33 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Shoulda named it Austin, Steve SC

(SC for Soccer Club or for Stone Cold?? Youuuu decide ?)

I would’ve had Steve Austin as HC. With Jim Ross as as announcer. 

Ugh, so much going wrong here!

The name is one of the worst I've ever heard. It's an ADJECTIVE. UGGGGGGHH.

The monogram is kinda interesting, but it's made of random lines... Why is it split in such a weird way?

The roundel is super boring, too. Both the outside and the inside feel super boring and empty. It reminds me of this sadness.

The only thing it's got going for it are the colors.

Why, oh why, didn't they bring back the Aztex name? That could've made such a cool brand, with Aztec geometric patterns.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

39 minutes ago, vtgco said:

Ugh, so much going wrong here!

The name is one of the worst I've ever heard. It's an ADJECTIVE. UGGGGGGHH.

The monogram is kinda interesting, but it's made of random lines... Why is it split in such a weird way?

The roundel is super boring, too. Both the outside and the inside feel super boring and empty. It reminds me of this sadness.

The only thing it's got going for it are the colors.

Why, oh why, didn't they bring back the Aztex name? That could've made such a cool brand, with Aztec geometric patterns.

Two versions of that team have died. Never go back to a poisonous well and expect clean water. I also think the roundel is a bit of a shot at PSV, whose current team is also using a roundel. That 1,2,3 in the B? Is it because they're hoping for third time lucky? 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

15 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

That 1,2,3 in the B? Is it because they're hoping for third time lucky?

Just spitballin' here, but I'm thinking that the "1,2,3" might be a stylized rendering of the observation tower at the Circuit of the Americas. Frankly, if that wasn't what the graphic designers meant it to be, it is what they should claim they were shooting for. 

16 minutes ago, Brian in Boston said:

Just spitballin' here, but I'm thinking that the "1,2,3" might be a stylized rendering of the observation tower at the Circuit of the Americas. Frankly, if that wasn't what the graphic designers meant it to be, it is what they should claim they were shooting for. 

I hope that's it. Looks like there's a chance Circuit of Americas could host soccer too. 

2 minutes ago, mcrosby said:

I hope that's it. Looks like there's a chance Circuit of Americas could host soccer too. 

That's where they'll play. Only 5,000 seats so it won't affect racing too much. It's also the sleeve sponsor on the jerseys shown today.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Just now, NicDB said:

IDK if this, or Milwaukee Torrent, is worse.

How are Americans still struggling with soccer names after this long?

They do sould like MLS 1.0 names but I'd rather they take a chance than go with Athletico Austin.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Bad logo, bad name, bad everything.

Really interesting roster construction.  A 15 year old local phenom, plus three mid-30's foreign (ex-)stars, plus potentially Usain Bolt . . . all for a USL team in a city that will be getting an MLS team in no time.

Very strange.

Archived