2018 US National Soccer Team Concept

flyersfan

Has this concept been similarly done before? Yes. But here's my take. Just wanted to add a new spin on the look. We see nike templating everyone, why would the US be different. So taking their design of paint-dripping fades, I introduce an iconic USA look. The look is meant to start a tradition that will only be altered slightly by changing templates and gimmicks. The hoops are here to stay, I wanted to sure up the color scheme, but nike still gets their gimmick look in. The kits will be for both the men's and women's teams, as it should fit both uniform cuts nicely (although i only have a men's template). 

To explain, the sublimated star on the back of the neck is a nod to each of the 50 states, as each player represents one. But it also has another meaning, the motto of "One Nation. One Team." Each person wears the same star, as they all play for the same nation and team, but individually it means something different to each one of them. And obviously the star as selected because of the flag.

The Jersey Numbers and Lettering is very blocky for soccer. But it is a staple of american sport. From youth soccer leagues and high schools to the NFL, to baseball and basketball, a big bold font defines american sports. Why would the soccer team be different? The font is readable, especially compared to some other teams uniforms.

I added two away's as I'm not sure which is more practical. I like the red hoops but the blue hoops allows for a full change of look. And the different shorts on the white homes are for clash purposes (see fifa and england in the world cup).

Please leave some C&C i'd love to get these as perfect as possible!

Home:

Ldf5zob.png

3TWPZFm.png

Change:

NnDmYXX.png

E7KTmV1.png

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

I'd ditch the solid color looks and have home be W-B-W and road be B-W-B.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Not bad for a "Where's Waldo" concept.  My apologies if that sounds condescending, but I've never been able to get on the red hoops bandwagon for the USMNT.

These would still be a massive upgrade over those Domino's delivery guy kits they wore in 2014.

14 hours ago, Kevin W. said:

I'd ditch the solid color looks and have home be W-B-W and road be B-W-B.

I thought about doing that, just there wouldn’t be enough of a clash according to the WC this summer, that’s why I dropped the white shorts on the blues, but the white shorts may be required on the white shirts

5 hours ago, NicDB said:

Not bad for a "Where's Waldo" concept.  My apologies if that sounds condescending, but I've never been able to get on the red hoops bandwagon for the USMNT.

These would still be a massive upgrade over those Domino's delivery guy kits they wore in 2014.

Well thank you! I personally think it’s a look we can take and run with, as it’s unique to us and can become iconic. I just wanted to make it on a current Nike template. 

And if the current rent template isn’t 1000% accurate, my bad, I made it myself. If anyone’s looking for it it was done in paint and I’d be happy to share it.

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

Archived