Panthers to Replace NFL Shield with Logo at Mid-Field

Panthers to Replace NFL Shield with Logo at Mid-Field

August 4, 2018 - 15:24 PM

This morning the Carolina Panthers tweeted a video addressing the most pressing concern that faces the team heading into the 2018 season… the mid-field logo. For years, the Carolina Panthers have opted to go with the NFL shield at the 50-yard […]

Read More...

About time. I wish the Jets and Giants were able to put their logo at the 50, though obviously it's not practical (they tried; it failed). I assume the Rams and Chargers will face a similar issue once they're sharing a stadium.

If you have your own stadium, though? Put your own logo at the 50.

Are NFL teams required to have a midfield logo? Truth be told, I've never been of fan of it. It's just one of those things I've just accepted as being part of the game.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

5 hours ago, kroywen said:

About time. I wish the Jets and Giants were able to put their logo at the 50, though obviously it's not practical (they tried; it failed). I assume the Rams and Chargers will face a similar issue once they're sharing a stadium.

If you have your own stadium, though? Put your own logo at the 50.

I remember in the late 90s, the last few years Giants Stadium used the old turf, the Jets had their logo at midfield, while the Giants had the shield....with GIANTS STADIUM beneath it.  They probably can't easily do that now, of course.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

2 hours ago, CitizenTino said:

Last year, the Browns went with no logo

—no team logo or league shield—at the 50. First NFL team I can remember doing that in a long time.

The Steelers do it until Pitt's season is over.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 8/4/2018 at 7:34 PM, Sportscenter said:

When I first heard they where going to put a logo at midfield I was kind of hoping they would go with this logo

1171547_012316-wtvd-onecarolina-img.jpg?

1.  No.  Not "One Carolina."  Two, very separate, very distinct Carolinas, and honestly there should be three.  There's one North.  One South.  And if someone someday decides to split North Carolina at a point just west of Greensboro?  I'd vote for that in a minute.

2.  That panther looks like it's squatting to take a giant **** on western North Carolina, which meets with my general approval.

9 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Are NFL teams required to have a midfield logo? Truth be told, I've never been of fan of it. It's just one of those things I've just accepted as being part of the game.

No.  There's nothing in the NFL's bylaws, operations manual or playing rules that mandates that teams use any specific markings other than those lines and markings required in the playing rules (hash marks, lines every five yards, numerals every ten yards, the arrows, etc.)  When it's a postseason game however, the league governs the game and in those cases, it imposes its own guidelines.  Teams are "requested" to do things such as the "Opening Weekend" or "Thanksgiving" graphics, and all do, but that's not mandated.

nav-logo.png

3 hours ago, CitizenTino said:

Last year, the Browns went with no logo

—no team logo or league shield—at the 50. First NFL team I can remember doing that in a long time.

And look how well the Browns did last year...

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

Archived