Nike NHL - 2/17 Bruins heritage 2 added

Kevin W.

I considered putting the pattern on the socks, but the original kachina socks just had straight stripes.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• 2 weeks later...

New York Islanders

be3kKMY.png

The Fisherman makes his triumphant return to the front of the jersey! I cleaned the logo up a bit and recolored it. It looks better this way. When you make the logo a bit more conservative and put it on a jersey that doesn't look like it belongs at a Phish concert, it doesn't look awful.

• Like 1

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

These are more suited for the Oilers than they are the Islanders. Not that the Fisherman logo isn't good, or that it isn't a good design, but it's not Islanders. (Actually slap the navy Oilers logo these, and they would be better than the current Oilers jerseys)

• Like 1

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

• 10 months later...

Alright, so I've finally gotten around to working on this some more. I'll have a few new designs in the coming days, especially since I finally found a working version of the Panthers' font, so I can finalize their design.

Nashville Predators

0UNuTiS.png

I liked the idea of their previous alternate but I decided to go with a two-tone blue color scheme instead of navy and black. There are prototypes of the white version of the alternate floating around since those jerseys were intended to become Nashville's primaries until they decided to go with the gold-heavy set.

• Like 2

Arizona Coyotes

dwQutfk.png

Their alternates were an easy choice. I had to make some concessions on this. For one, I can't find the Coyotes' original font and TBH, this font looks just fine. Also, while I do have a vector copy of the kachina-era shoulder patch, even at the small size it's obvious that it says "PHOENIX" and unfortunately the Coyotes didn't do the logical thing when they released the Adidas kachina jersey and update the logo to read "ARIZONA COYOTES." Thus, I stick with the AZ shoulder patch with the slightly adjusted shade of red.

Also, I've gone back and adjusted the home and road sets to reflect the fact that OEL is now the proper captain.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Another Pacific Division alternate and another complete set...

Los Angeles Kings

fWXmyMU.png

In the real world, the black and silver color scheme is probably never going away due to the two Cups, so the alternates here are a nod to that. It's a simple and straightforward design and while I'm not a fan of the home plate logo, it works here and the crown really looks nice coming back as a shoulder patch.

• Like 3

Calgary Flames

ImZBd1i.png

I've always believed that the Flames' retro set doesn't work as well as people think that it does. The red and yellow are too bright and clash too much without black trim to balance them out. However, the Edge/Adidas jerseys aren't any better and have plenty wrong with them. I've gone with a mostly traditional look for the Flames, with a heavy emphasis on the primary colors (and white because it really does enhance how bright the red and yellow look) and minimal black trim. I've also included the shoulder patch from their short-lived third jersey because I like it.

266vnQ3.png

I've always been a fan of the 2003-07 set, with the exception of the black jersey, so this is derived from that style but doesn't have the flaming snot logo because that logo is trash.

• Like 1

And on to a Central Division team.

Colorado Avalanche

LabfHxP.png

This one kind of speaks for itself. Thankfully Adidas listened when the fans wanted the mountain striping back, and who am I to argue? I did make a couple changes, though. I darkened the blue because I think it fits better with the burgundy and, apart from the puck in the logo, I eliminated black from the color scheme. The numbers on the white jersey being black always seemed so out of place to me so that's been changed to have the numbers be in the same colors as the rest of the jersey.

• Like 4

Winnipeg Jets

wom6z39.png

The Jets' look gets somewhat simplified here. The striping pattern stays mostly the same but instead of a sleeve-length yoke on the road jersey, it gets a contrasting shoulder yoke instead, and the home jersey gets a phantom yoke because I think it works to break up the navy blue in this case. Other than that, it's mostly the same as their current look because their current look is mostly good.

• Like 1

St. Louis Blues

pfAl2Nu.png

This retains their current jerseys with a few small revisions. The home numbers are back to gold and navy blue is gone from the numbers, while the striping is somewhat more compacted. Other than that, they've got a good look that didn't need to be messed with.

• Like 4

Carolina Hurricanes

YlQxHlf.png

I threw out their new road uniform look for a couple of reasons. One, I'm still working on getting an SVG of the wordmark logo and two, I don't like the disjointedness of the two separate designs. This look unifies the two designs with one consistent striping pattern and also corrects an error that still hasn't been fixed since the franchise moved to Carolina, despite the update to the Canes' alternate logo: the stripes still only have one row of warning flags. That is a tropical storm warning, not a hurricane warning. I've doubled the rows of flags so they're now a set of proper hurricane warning flags.

Florida Panthers

PFv7yok.png

With the exception of the helmet logo changing to the primary and a white outline on the primary logos, this is a carbon copy of their current jerseys. Some designs don't need major changes. This is one of them.

So I'm now at 30/31 primaries completed, and Vegas' font is holding me up. The jerseys are done except for the font. I may go with a closest match since their numbers are just a block font anyway.

While waiting on a solution for Vegas' font, I'll work on finishing the alternates for a lot of teams.

Arizona Coyotes

gTSWmjr.png

Based on a comment by @habsfan1 here, I tried something inspired by the Coyotes' current hanger effect design as a jersey stripe. I also added some teal because it's an Arizona team. It just makes sense. It's very minimal here and doesn't overpower the rest of the design. With the new stripe, the two sets of jerseys don't have the exact same stripe pattern. Thoughts?

13 hours ago, Kevin W. said:

Arizona Coyotes

gTSWmjr.png

Based on a comment by @habsfan1 here, I tried something inspired by the Coyotes' current hanger effect design as a jersey stripe. I also added some teal because it's an Arizona team. It just makes sense. It's very minimal here and doesn't overpower the rest of the design. With the new stripe, the two sets of jerseys don't have the exact same stripe pattern. Thoughts?

I also have my own concept version here.

Your design is not bad and with the additional glimpses of teal it has potential. It's a good choice cause it follows suit with the other desert team, the AZ D-Backs.

I honestly wouldn't mind seeing just a little more teal, in small amounts, on other parts of the jersey too.

• Like 1

Vegas Golden Knights

R0oWQAG.png

And just like that, 31/31 primaries are completed! @slapshot gave me a very useful suggestion for the name font (it's pretty damn close to the real thing, which I'm pretty sure is proprietary and I won't be finding any time soon (getting Florida's font was a stroke of luck)) and it turns out that the number font actually looks pretty good. Other than that, the only real change I made is making the hem stripes match the sleeve stripes.

• Like 2

Carolina Hurricanes

A0wzK9u.png

Both the current alternate and current road jersey have some flaws. Is the road jersey better than the jersey that it replaced? Absolutely. However, I feel like they dropped the ball because the home jersey design looks great and a road version would be better. However, both the alternate and the road both have ideas that are worth keeping, so I've retained the striping pattern from the primaries but taken some ideas from those two jerseys to serve as the alternates here. However, these are another two jerseys that will likely require a name/number change since midway through working on this design, Justin Williams decided to take a break from hockey.

• Like 2

On 9/6/2019 at 9:47 AM, Zeus89725 said:

I think you should replace the bigger swaths of grey with black on the Cane's road jersey, if not just adding a little bit more of it. It'd really make the entire set look a bit more cohesive.

I thought about that, but I wanted to make gray the dominant color of the set.