Jets Uniform Concept By Kong Tom

KingKongTom

*PLEASE READ*

Wow, its been a very long time. I took a very long break to improve my work. So many people said harsh criticism that I responded to with harsh words, but now I want to thank all those people. All of you truly helped me become better at my craft. It is my honor to dedicate this concept to all of you who have said something negative to me, you weren't being mean, you wanted to make me better. This concept was essentially put into this world because of you guys, you all are responsible for this concept. Thank you all so much. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do. God Bless.

League: NFL

League Branding: Nike(logo isn't visible)

Team: New York Jets

The Vision: When I left this website and all the people I met, I left to improve my work, to become a new beast. I've made so many concepts in my off time, some good, some great. I told myself from the beginning, I would know when it was my time to return. The time is now. I didn't know what team I wanted to make a concept for, I ultimately was inspired by the Jets when they announced they would have a uniform change next season. I was ready to get to work. I knew my return project would have to be flawless in order to truly show people how much better I have become, I believe I hit that mark. 

Lifestyle Quote: "In order to show you're a different man, you must bring the best you to the people you once failed."

Team Quote: "When you design for the Jets, you must become a Jet and fly high in the sky, or your uniforms will crash down and die."

Jets_Complete_Concept.jpg

Please leave your thoughts. Thanks

6 minutes ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5173911

Good job on trying to improve, not really loving most elements on the jersey, front jersey numbers, the new shade of teal green, the stripe   With jets. 

Thank you for posting picture excellent. I knew this would be a hit!

giphy.gif

So, umm yeah. This still needs plenty of work, so please stop walking in here like you're blessing us with your brilliance. Also if you want people to take you seriously I suggest again, don't refer to you or your concept as a beast, great, or flawless. We'll decide that. Don't be Kanye. This is not flawless, it's better, no where near flawless. Your concept honestly looks rushed, there's white peeking through the right front sleeve, the collar shouldn't be filled in the middle like it is, and the pant stripe's slanted, technically. Like I said you've improved decently, I like the use of both of NY's greens, and the Jets word mark stripe is novel but would be much better as sleeve stripes. Also your name on back is way too big and your font is way too generic. Also ditch the quotes and give us more reasoning behind your ideas! We're all trying to help you get to the finish line, let us tell you when you're there.

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

5 minutes ago, KingKongTom said:

While I highly appreciate this comment, i'm sure I could still find ways to improve it. Thanks!

I didn't really mean it as a compliment. 

The original idea was so abhorrent that you couldn't possibly have done better. DM me for some sports fonts or something, as what you have is, in fact, the 3rd worst number font for a sports uniform (excluding actual sports fonts, such as the Bucs). The statue of Liberty is so dumb and shoehorned that for it to work in the slightest, it would have to be larger and sublimated, as to still be significant and nowhere near as jarring. Also, the 'sash' is ugly. Objectively ugly. However, with what (I imagine) being your original idea, I doubt it could be much better 

I do like is the use of 2 greens.

Welcome back. It's a good start, but the two different greens aren't really working, nor the Statue of Liberty or the diagonal Jets wordmark. I think if you go for a more traditional NFL jersey style, like bigger numbers on the front and more details around the shoulders, you could have a really good design.

6 minutes ago, Bruins said:

and the Jets word mark stripe is novel but would be much better as sleeve stripes.

Like the Lions? I'd say got the more traditional way and put it on the front of the uniform, above the numbers. Having it on the side is kind of redundant for the Jets specifically, who use their team name on their helmet

2 hours ago, KingKongTom said:

*PLEASE READ*

Wow, its been a very long time. I took a very long break to improve my work. So many people said harsh criticism that I responded to with harsh words, but now I want to thank all those people. All of you truly helped me become better at my craft. It is my honor to dedicate this concept to all of you who have said something negative to me, you weren't being mean, you wanted to make me better. This concept was essentially put into this world because of you guys, you all are responsible for this concept. Thank you all so much. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do. God Bless.

League: NFL

League Branding: Nike(logo isn't visible)

Team: New York Jets

The Vision: When I left this website and all the people I met, I left to improve my work, to become a new beast. I've made so many concepts in my off time, some good, some great. I told myself from the beginning, I would know when it was my time to return. The time is now. I didn't know what team I wanted to make a concept for, I ultimately was inspired by the Jets when they announced they would have a uniform change next season. I was ready to get to work. I knew my return project would have to be flawless in order to truly show people how much better I have become, I believe I hit that mark. 

Lifestyle Quote: "In order to show you're a different man, you must bring the best you to the people you once failed."

Team Quote: "When you design for the Jets, you must become a Jet and fly high in the sky, or your uniforms will crash down and die."

Jets_Complete_Concept.jpg

Here are my thoughts...

1. The font you chose doesn't scream "football".

2. The two-color green just doesn't mash well. I would stick with green and white.

3. The Jets across the chest and Lady Liberty just doesn't fit for the uniform.

This is an improvement from your past concepts. The presentation is clean, which makes it easier to do C&C on.

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

3 hours ago, KingKongTom said:

My thoughts?

Okay, no more quotes.

But the quotes are-

No quotes. Nada. Ever. Again. They don't help.

Okay but the uniform-

A bandolier? Is it filled with hypothetical jets instead of bullets? Is that why the Statue of Liberty is keeping an eye on the situation? Where did she come from? I always thought of her as more of a Giants fan, what with the red, white and blue. Which brings us to the two greens. Kinda creative, but the helmet is only  dark green and white? Why no revision of the helmet? Soar with a new helmet, right? 

yes, soaring-

More like "sore-ing" when I look at that horrible font on the back.

Those are my thoughts.

You may be spending more time on your designing than you did before. That is good. But there is something fundamentally missing still, and your design isn't the only place where it shows.

I have to point out this quote from your original post:

"I knew my return project would have to be flawless in order to truly show people how much better I have become, I believe I hit that mark. "

We have designers on these boards whose work rivals actual major-league designers, who could be working in the big leagues, and as great as their work is, they would never make a statement like this on the boards. Because they know their work isn't perfect, it needs fine-tuning, even after they've created maybe 10 or 15 drafts before bringing it to the boards. That humility gives them the critical eye necessary to revise 10 or 15 times, and then to come here with an earnest desire for feedback which they will then take to heart and apply as warranted.

What's missing in your post is humility. With a statement that you believe you've hit the mark for flawlessness, it's hard to believe you have an earnest desire for feedback--even if you do, it's not showing in your words. The concept doesn't look like it was fine-tuned or heavily revised, and thought wasn't given to how this uniform would fit either the history of the team or the league. Consider that the Jets stick to fairly traditional uniforms, whilst, for example, the Jaguars tend to be on the cutting edge, with innovations that have worked (double-outlined numbers) and didn't (gradient helmets.) Consider that the layout of this uniform would better suit early World League than current NFL.

This return post shows the same braggadocio you exhibited your first go-round here, the sort of swagger and empty quotes that, it seems, left a sour taste for others and left you feeling alienated. It seems like you honestly believe that this sort of talk will earn you favor in the eyes of others, but ask yourself how you would react to a similarly phrased post from another designer here. During your hiatus, it seems like you tried to take a good, hard look at your design work, when a good, hard look at your inner self would affect, not only how you design, but how you present yourself and communicate with others and get along in life. It seems like most of us here, if not all of us, want what's best for you, and not just in how you design. And that's why I have to say all this. I'm concerned about you beyond the scope of design.

Just think about it. I wish you well.

rATMcmK.png

4 hours ago, Bruins said:

giphy.gif

So, umm yeah. This still needs plenty of work, so please stop walking in here like you're blessing us with your brilliance. Also if you want people to take you seriously I suggest again, don't refer to you or your concept as a beast, great, or flawless. We'll decide that. Don't be Kanye. This is not flawless, it's better, no where near flawless. Your concept honestly looks rushed, there's white peeking through the right front sleeve, the collar shouldn't be filled in the middle like it is, and the pant stripe's slanted, technically. Like I said you've improved decently, I like the use of both of NY's greens, and the Jets word mark stripe is novel but would be much better as sleeve stripes. Also your name on back is way too big and your font is way too generic. Also ditch the quotes and give us more reasoning behind your ideas! We're all trying to help you get to the finish line, let us tell you when you're there.

I appreciate the harsh criticism. The quotes however are part of my presentations and are something majority of people appreciate. Thank you

4 hours ago, Htown1141 said:

I didn't really mean it as a compliment. 

The original idea was so abhorrent that you couldn't possibly have done better. DM me for some sports fonts or something, as what you have is, in fact, the 3rd worst number font for a sports uniform (excluding actual sports fonts, such as the Bucs). The statue of Liberty is so dumb and shoehorned that for it to work in the slightest, it would have to be larger and sublimated, as to still be significant and nowhere near as jarring. Also, the 'sash' is ugly. Objectively ugly. However, with what (I imagine) being your original idea, I doubt it could be much better 

I do like is the use of 2 greens.

I appreciate the feedback and will use it to better my work. Thanks!

2 hours ago, dakotapalm said:

My thoughts?

Okay, no more quotes.

But the quotes are-

No quotes. Nada. Ever. Again. They don't help.

Okay but the uniform-

A bandolier? Is it filled with hypothetical jets instead of bullets? Is that why the Statue of Liberty is keeping an eye on the situation? Where did she come from? I always thought of her as more of a Giants fan, what with the red, white and blue. Which brings us to the two greens. Kinda creative, but the helmet is only  dark green and white? Why no revision of the helmet? Soar with a new helmet, right? 

yes, soaring-

More like "sore-ing" when I look at that horrible font on the back.

Those are my thoughts.

Very harsh, but helpful. Thank you

Archived