Louisville NBA Concept (UPDATE 8/13/18)

BigRed618

Hey, I'm back. I've seen a lot of concepts lately of a hypothetical NBA team in Louisville, KY, so I thought I'd throw my own hat into the ring. Like many others, I'm heavily in favor of reviving the Kentucky Colonels of the old ABA, but me being me, I wanted to put my own spin on it. I wanted to move away from the Confederate implications and invent a new aesthetic inspired by the Bluegrass State's natural beauty. Have a look...

ken_Colonels.png

Let me know what you think, or if you have any ideas to improve this. Thanks in advance.

First of all, very nice presentation. I think the color palette looks very unique and something we haven't seen often. On the statement jersey I would suggest only having one wordmark across the chest, and then lowering the number. I would also ad Nike logos to all jerseys to complete the authentic feeling. Overall very unique and clean uniforms. 8/10.

Try getting rid of the wordmark in general on the alternate and add a logo where the mountain is. Kentucky isn’t all that mountainous unless you go to the Far East, where Louisville is, is very flat at most slightly hilly so the mountain gives off a more western vibe imo, I’d also change the pants to mint green like the jersey or continue the pattern onto the back. Otherwise I love the colors and ideas here. As someone from KY I really want a team in Louisville and love all this concepts!

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I’ll see about doing some fine tuning as soon as I can. I’m honestly surprised this concept was so well received, seeing as how it’s a big departure from what one would usually expect from a Colonels concept. 

27 minutes ago, pelicanfan said:

I like it but I do feel it could use a better font. The one you used seems a bit too “futuristic” in my opinion but overall they’re pretty awesome :)

Futuristic? I wouldn’t think so, especially considering this was the font the team actually used...

6063b_lg.jpeg

On 8/7/2018 at 4:05 PM, BigRed618 said:

Futuristic? I wouldn’t think so, especially considering this was the font the team actually used...

6063b_lg.jpeg

But those have a curve and an outline around the letters. With also using a classic navy and red color. 

IMG-7122.gif

These colors are really pretty, and great for a current-day expansion team. The main home & road uniforms are pretty cool too.

I love the alt, though I'd recommend removing the sublimated Colonels wordmarks and add the purple-only K logo on the right chest, opposite the front number.

Also, I'd recommend a throwback jersey for special occasions.

Good work!

Archived